By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Romney or Obama and why

Simple - who do you think would make the better president out of these two (and for the purpose of this discussion only these two, not Gary Johnson or anyone else) and why do you think they would do better?

Around the Network

Out of these two, I will have to go with Obama. The reason is simple. I don't see much of a difference between the two, and neither is very appealing, so I'd rather have four more years of Obama, than a potential eight years from Romney. Come 2016, I'd like to see the Republicans run some real candidates, not the bottom of the barrel like we had this year

Obama, because not only did he try to do everything in his power to honor his promises, he actually completed some. For example, the economy is getting better (although one could argue not by much) he ended a war, and he killed osama bin laden, just to name a few of his accomplishments.
Also, Romney.
Seriously....?

shotlock said:
Obama, because not only did he try to do everything in his power to honor his promises, he actually completed some. For example, the economy is getting better (although one could argue not by much) he ended a war, and he killed osama bin laden, just to name a few of his accomplishments.
Also, Romney.
Seriously....?

Obama followed the plan Bush layed out for Iraq. Bush was the one who originally signed off on the troop withdrawal. 

TadpoleJackson said:
shotlock said:
Also, Romney.
Seriously....?

Obama followed the plan Bush layed out for Iraq. Bush was the one who originally signed off on the troop withdrawal. 

That is true, but considering that many republicans thought that leaving Iraq was a mistake, you could argue that they would have delayed the exit from Iraq.

Nintendo Network ID: Flanneryaug

Friend Code: 4699 - 6552 - 3671

Add me! :)

Around the Network

Romney, because he's not Obama.

Obama sucked ass the last few years, but he's [feebly] trying to make up for it by killing Bin Laden and now tryin to get the gay vote by supporting homosexuality.

Obama, because he's not Romney.

Strangely one of the things I actually admire about Obama is that he hasn't withdrawn from Afghanistan and didn't immediately withdraw from Iraq. Once those occupations had been started it wouldn't be fair to leave the countries without at least somewhat stable governments, that's how situations like Somalia happen.

@Marks. Pretty sure he already had the majority of the gay vote. Even without stating he supported gay marriage he would have been far better than the Republicans in terms of gay rights.

Romney, because Obama needs to go.
Even though I'm not sure I really like any of the Presidents running... still, Obama needs to go.

Obama. His views on social issues and foreign policies are closest to my views. Social and foreign policy are more important to me than the state of the economy. Recessions come and go, speculation drives it further, this is how capitalism works. The president and the fed has less power over the economy than people like to think (Ron Paul supporters), it might be different in other countries but we live in a country where big corporations and the rest of the market control far more than people realize.

Romney just wants to BE president, was obvious then, it's obvious now. He stands for nothing but himself.