Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Motorola wins Xbox and Windows 7 ban in Germany

Dude, seriously..

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=142622&page=3#10

Around the Network
pezus said:
Nsanity said:

Dude, seriously..

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=142622&page=3#10

It's a 10 day+ old thread, how was I supposed to see that? I checked latest and didn't see anything. 

I updated it earlier.

Interesting. Very interesting.

Ahhh. I hope it doesn't affect the rest of Europe. I hate these things. Companies should just deal with this before it gets this far. I really like the 360 and don't want to see it disrupted in UK. Come on whoever is in the wrong just own up and sort it.

Good thing MS overshipped the 360 then!

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

Around the Network
pezus said:
This reminds me of the PS3 fiasco in...Holland? Where was it again?

PS3 shipments blocked in Europe as LG wins preliminary injunction

The struggle between hardware manufacturing juggernauts Sony and LG -- the latter of which claims that the PS3 infringes on a number of its patents relating to Blu-ray technology -- has finally drawn some blood. The civil court of justice in the Hague has granted LG a preliminary injunction for customs to seize and confiscate all PS3s coming into Europe (from manufacturing plants, etc.) for up to ten days. The Guardian reports that the collected consoles are temporarily being kept in Dutch warehouses until the case moves forward.

According to the Guardian, retailers are expected to have enough PS3s to last two to three weeks. Sony has the right to file an appeal to the patents office -- but far more than some boxed-up consoles collecting dust is on the line. Should the court ultimately rule in favor of LG, the console maker would be forced to compensate the company for every single PS3 sold around the world. We've contacted Sony for a comment.

---------------------

So yeah, Europe in general, I don't think they ever seized anything that was noticeable though?

While i pray that sony wins against microsoft in the Console race, THIS is just wrong in so many ways.

Go Microsoft!!? D: (i dont think this makes it all the way through though, because it would just be insane.)

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

pezus said:
Millenium said:
pezus said:
This reminds me of the PS3 fiasco in...Holland? Where was it again?

PS3 shipments blocked in Europe as LG wins preliminary injunction

The struggle between hardware manufacturing juggernauts Sony and LG -- the latter of which claims that the PS3 infringes on a number of its patents relating to Blu-ray technology -- has finally drawn some blood. The civil court of justice in the Hague has granted LG a preliminary injunction for customs to seize and confiscate all PS3s coming into Europe (from manufacturing plants, etc.) for up to ten days. The Guardian reports that the collected consoles are temporarily being kept in Dutch warehouses until the case moves forward.

According to the Guardian, retailers are expected to have enough PS3s to last two to three weeks. Sony has the right to file an appeal to the patents office -- but far more than some boxed-up consoles collecting dust is on the line. Should the court ultimately rule in favor of LG, the console maker would be forced to compensate the company for every single PS3 sold around the world. We've contacted Sony for a comment.

---------------------

So yeah, Europe in general, I don't think they ever seized anything that was noticeable though?

So it was Holland! My memory deserves a Coke for that. They settled it a few weeks later I think, so we didn't really see any effect on sales.

Didn't Sony won later on and LG had to play Sony back for all the PS3 collected.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

pezus said:
RolStoppable said:
Crystalchild said:
While i pray that sony wins against microsoft in the Console race, THIS is just wrong in so many ways.

Go Microsoft!!? D: (i dont think this makes it all the way through though, because it would just be insane.)

The PS3 is already almost a million units ahead of the 360, so Microsoft has lost.

And no, we do not support Microsoft. They are an evil corporation.

Wait a minute, you're not German!

i am literally sitting here, for like 30 minutes, searching a racist joke  that would'nt result in a ban, because that combination of posts and nationalities in this quotation is just so golden and gives infinite possibilities for hilarious insiders.  you should get an award pezus, you just made my day.

@rol: uhm, do you talk about nation-specific sales or WW? second would suprise me, since i only know the VGC numbers and didnt hear anything different until now. :o

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

RolStoppable said:
Crystalchild said:

@rol: uhm, do you mean for nation-specific sales or WW? second would suprise me, since i only know the VGC numbers. :o

Sales in Germany.

Yeah knew that, (kinda unrelated: ) though teh germanz also love them some PC games.