By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale will outsell Smash Bros

Kasz216 said:
DepthAlly said:
Kasz216 said:
DepthAlly said:

Not exactly. FF has changed quite a bit over it's iterations.

Not... reallly. 1-like.... 10 were nearly the same combat wise with minor tweaks.... and the newest changes weren't even that drastic.

and in general hold REALLY similar story structures and themes.

Final Fantasy RPGs are a lot like Zombie movies.  You know what to get out of 80% of it.

Nah. The changes they made to combat and character progression and some other mechanics throughout the first ten changed enough to make them play differently.

And of course the themes were similar, for the most part. It's what makes them an FF.

Not in comparison to the wide breath of other RPGS, just how Zombie movies all have their intracies, and differences (Fast zombie, slow zombie, goal of the survivors) but they're all really similar.

Well, I don't want this to become something that goes nowhere. Let's just disagree.

Food for thought: Shove an apple in your brain

Around the Network

@mnementh

i believe "das schwarze auge: die schicksalsklinge" was my first rpg i ever played :)

DepthAlly said:
Kasz216 said:
DepthAlly said:
Kasz216 said:
DepthAlly said:

Not... reallly. 1-like.... 10 were nearly the same combat wise with minor tweaks.... and the newest changes weren't even that drastic.

Final Fantasy RPGs are a lot like Zombie movies.  You know what to get out of 80% of it.

Nah. The changes they made to combat and character progression and some other mechanics throughout the first ten changed enough to make them play differently.

And of course the themes were similar, for the most part. It's what makes them an FF.

Not in comparison to the wide breath of other RPGS, just how Zombie movies all have their intracies, and differences (Fast zombie, slow zombie, goal of the survivors) but they're all really similar.

Well, I don't want this to become something that goes nowhere. Let's just disagree.

We can disagree... but I can't  see how you can actually hold such an opinion.  I mean it's the same story themes, and the battle system has been all ATB.  Even the modern 13 battlesystem is just a tweak of ATB.

Same attacks, same spells, same... everything. 

It's like a D20 Pen and Paper RPG.  They all have their tweaks, but if you perfer something like GURPS, you just arne't gonna be a fan of D20.

Kasz216 said:

We can disagree... but I can't  see how you can actually hold such an opinion.  I mean it's the same story themes, and the battle system has been all ATB.  Even the modern 13 battlesystem is just a tweak of ATB.

It's like a D20 Pen and Paper RPG.  They all have their tweaks, but if you perfer something like GURPS, you just arne't gonna be a fan of D20.

Ah, but how do you GET the spells?  It's different in most of the games.  And what about summons?  You say the series is fundamentally the same since FF1, but didn't sumons only first exist in the game in FF4?   (Otherwise FF3?)  And I would also disagree that the story is always similar, I mean how if FF6's story similar to FF8? 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Not sure you can call Cloud's condition amnesia. It's been a while though.

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
DepthAlly said:
Kasz216 said:
DepthAlly said:
Kasz216 said:
DepthAlly said:

Well no it's more than tweaks and the ATB battle system wasn't always there.

DepthAlly said:
Kasz216 said:
DepthAlly said:
Kasz216 said:
DepthAlly said:
Kasz216 said:
DepthAlly said:

It was there since 4.  Argeuablly sooner... when you consider how battle order was decided before then... ATB itself was really just a tweak and no.  It really was just minor tweaks, espiecally in the grand scheme of things.  I know, having played Final Fantasy games from the very start.   You can more or less sum up the battle differences in each FF in one word.

FF4 didn't really play much different from FF1 at all really.  The biggest actual difference was the waffling from letting players decide what role each character makes.  Starting with the job system...  Even that didn't really change that much.

Kasz216 said:
DepthAlly said:
Kasz216 said:
DepthAlly said:
Kasz216 said:
DepthAlly said:
Kasz216 said:
DepthAlly said:

It was there since 4.  Argeuablly sooner... when you consider how battle order was decided before then... ATB itself was really just a tweak and no.  It really was just minor tweaks, espiecally in the grand scheme of things.  I know, having played Final Fantasy games from the very start.   You can more or less sum up the battle differences in each FF in one word.

FF4 didn't really play much different from FF1 at all really.  The biggest actual difference was the waffling from letting players decide what role each character makes.  Starting with the job system...  Even that didn't really change that much.

This is hopeless. Let's just stop, please.

DepthAlly said:

This is hopeless. Let's just stop, please.

While we're there, guys, can we keep the quote trees trimmed? I know you guys hate when I ask this, but it really makes it a drag to follow a convo when the quote trees take up the whole screen.

Just asking nicely.

happydolphin said:

While we're there, guys, can we keep the quote trees trimmed? I know you guys hate when I ask this, but it really makes it a drag to follow a convo when the quote trees take up the whole screen.

Just asking nicely.

Fair enough.I usually remove some of the quotes, but I tend forget some times.