By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Egypt's 'Farewell Intercourse' law allowing sex with dead wives sparks fury...WTF?!!

eweee

Around the Network
Panama said:
badgenome said:

Well that made my day.

It sure did mine, though a little creepy !!

Gods I can't believe something Terry Goodkind wrote is so true: people will believe anything if they want it to be true. The Islam hate is so strong that the most ridiculous and nasty claims about those countries will be automatically believed without any critical thought.

Especially if it's wrapped in a little truth. I can believe 14 as the minimum age of marriage, as that is within historical norms. Indeed in many western countries as late as the 1930's there was no age minimum and when age minimums were first introduced, in those western countries, 12 was the minimum age. 16 is actually a relatively recent minimum age.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

superchunk said:
There is no way that is true.

Islam doesn't even allow sex during a woman's menstruation or being sick (all unclean), yet this is supposedly arguing for after death? lol.. so fake.

I totally agree with you ! Plus, who's this "monster" who can have sex with his "just died" woman ? .. Surely a fake one. Islam was the first to claim women rights 14 centuaries ago when they were used just for "entertainment" and even barried alive. Think and read more about it before you can say anything about Islam.

Probably fake...but more to the point: Not our country. Don't care.

Around the Network

Like superchunk said, and knowing as little of Islam as I do, you'd think that would violate notions of cleanliness...

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Sweet, they better not have banned Cannibal Corpse in that country then

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

binary solo said:
Gods I can't believe something Terry Goodkind wrote is so true: people will believe anything if they want it to be true. The Islam hate is so strong that the most ridiculous and nasty claims about those countries will be automatically believed without any critical thought.

Especially if it's wrapped in a little truth. I can believe 14 as the minimum age of marriage, as that is within historical norms. Indeed in many western countries as late as the 1930's there was no age minimum and when age minimums were first introduced, in those western countries, 12 was the minimum age. 16 is actually a relatively recent minimum age.

You lost me at Terry Goodkind. I'm sure you're a smart guy, sometimes that means editing yourself. Even if the subject is as awesome as banging dead Egyptian girlfriends.

SnowPrince said:
superchunk said:
There is no way that is true.

Islam doesn't even allow sex during a woman's menstruation or being sick (all unclean), yet this is supposedly arguing for after death? lol.. so fake.

I totally agree with you ! Plus, who's this "monster" who can have sex with his "just died" woman ? .. Surely a fake one. Islam was the first to claim women rights 14 centuaries ago when they were used just for "entertainment" and even barried alive. Think and read more about it before you can say anything about Islam.

The fact that the Islamic world had more advanced rights for women 14 centuries ago doesn't change the fact that the Islamic world now has a very very poor record on women's rights. The reason this article is believed (even though as Superchunk pointed out it goes completely against Islamic principles) is because Sharia law is in fact so very backwards in terms of women's rights, especially Salafist Islam.