By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Crysis 3 not coming to the Wii U

^I heard deliberate intentions. I think that might be close to the truth.

Around the Network
Araknie said:
Lyrikalstylez said:
lol, and it starts!

Wii-U looks like it will be just like its predecessor! Hardcore games nintendo? lol yea right!

Look a troll that i want to feed.

Or maybe i want to say this:

The less FPSs on Nintendo console evers, the better.

Countertroll.

Im not even a fan of FPS games, all Im trying to say is that it looks like nintendo will have problems in 3rd party support yet again!

Just my opinion, I see your supporting a console that you havent played and has yet to be released, Hows that going for you lol?

Lyrikalstylez said:
Araknie said:
Lyrikalstylez said:
lol, and it starts!

Wii-U looks like it will be just like its predecessor! Hardcore games nintendo? lol yea right!

Countertroll.

Im not even a fan of FPS games, all Im trying to say is that it looks like nintendo will have problems in 3rd party support yet again!

Just my opinion, I see your supporting a console that you havent played and has yet to be released, Hows that going for you lol?

I see you're railing against a console that you haven't played and has yet to be released, hows that going for you lol?

Argh_College said:
Wii U doesnt have the power to run the game.

True. People will still deny that though. 
E3 can't come soon enough.

Lyrikalstylez said:
lol, and it starts!

Not much of a loss. Crysis only sold like 1mil per console.
Doubt it could even sell half that on a Wii U if it got ported.

Around the Network
Snovalo said:
Lyrikalstylez said:
Araknie said:
Lyrikalstylez said:
lol, and it starts!

Countertroll.

I see you're railing against a console that you haven't played and has yet to be released, hows that going for you lol?

^

VGKing said:
Argh_College said:

Crysis 3 is coming to PS3 and X360 running on CryEngine 3.   Crytek ported over CryEngine 3 to Wii U last year.

I'd love to hear yoru technical explanation on how the Wii U is powerful enough to run the engine but not powerful enough to run the game.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Viper1 said:
VGKing said:
Argh_College said:

Crysis 3 is coming to PS3 and X360 running on CryEngine 3.   Crytek ported over CryEngine 3 to Wii U last year.

I'd love to hear yoru technical explanation on how the Wii U is powerful enough to run the engine but not powerful enough to run the game.

While I have no doubt that the Wii U will be capable of running Crysis 3, but that post is stupid. UE3 can run on a iPhone 4 or in flash, doesn't mean thata game like Gears of War 3 for example could run, not without drastically changing the game.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

zarx said:
Viper1 said:
VGKing said:
Argh_College said:

While I have no doubt that the Wii U will be capable of running Crysis 3, but that post is stupid. UE3 can run on a iPhone 4 or in flash, doesn't mean thata game like Gears of War 3 for example could run, not without drastically changing the game.

UE3 on iPhone is not exactly the same UE3 on the HD consoles but UE3 is designed to be scalable.

CryEngine 3 is not scalable to iPhone and Android.   It was designed with the PC and HD consoles in mind.   And it was a breeze for Crytek to port the engine over the Wii U.  That would be very hard to do if the Wii U was not at least as powerful as the 2 HD consoles.  

Thrid, think of PC games for a moment.  Doesn't the same game run on various level of hardware?  From an HD 6990 down to an HD 4670.  Not pwoerful enough to run a game doesn't even make any sense these days.  You might have lower frame rates, less post processing and shader operations, the lighting engine may be reduced but to say the Wii U can't even run the game when the engine is designed for fixed hardware on consoles is silly.

Finally, the Wii is handlign every other multiplatform game just fine.  Many claiming it was super easy to get the game up and running.  I'd hae to say that if the Wii U can run those games as well or better than the HD cosnoles, than it most certainly can also run Crysis 3...if not, by this logic, neither can the PS3 or X360.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

after all i dont care about crysis, its more a single player game, comparing the sales from CoD or Battlefield to crysis crysis is nothing, maybe because of that plus new console = not much money for them, last crysis game crysis 2 only sold 1 million on xbox and ps3 , and thats not much, i think games with huge sales like CoD or GTA are more likely to appear in the wii u, atleast in its birth time, and after the first years more "secondary" thirds will come