By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Reminder: Big MGS4 Announcement for ps3 owners if Packers win.

http://www.psu.com/REMINDER--Big-MGS4-announcement-if-Packers-win-News--a0002392-p0.php

REMINDER* Game takes place today at 4:30 PM EST - 10:30 PM GMT

In the latest Kojima Productions Report podcast, Ryan Payton, host of the podcast as well as assistant producer for Metal Gear Solid 4, was interviewing guest Mark MacDonald and both agreed to a friendly wager on this weekend's NFC Divisional Playoff football game featuring the Green Bay Packers and the Seattle Seahawks. While it is common place to humiliate the loser by having them dress up in the other's fan gear or things of that nature, this wager is riding on some new unreleased information about Metal Gear.

Although Payton did not make mention exactly what the information would pertain to, he did say that if the Green Bay Packers were to win this weekend he will be asking for permission to "announce something early which they weren't planning to announce until later on." Payton has gone on record, via the podcast, to say that he is a huge Seahawks fan and has even said that he misses being able to watch live Seahawks games while in Japan as the game are broadcasted on delay.

Could this new announcement come in the form of more MGS 4 details or an announcement of a completely new title? Last August at Leipzig, Kojima revealed that "Metal Gear is like James Bond - it will never end." So if you are a fan of the Metal Gear series, make sure to tune into the game on Saturday at 4:30pm, and cheer for the Packers who are favored by 9.

URNOTE Proud Owner of a 60GB PS3 Console (Purchased 12/22/06)

#1 reason MGS4 is PS3 exclusive  xbox is too loud for snake to sneak around
PSNTAG= Xander732

Around the Network

i hope they reveal info on their next ps3 game or the next mgs4 series...

PSNTAG= Xander732

i doubt he would get permission to say anything...

Go Packers!!

Maybe the announcement is that MGS4 is Multiplat :)

Around the Network

The Pack is the biggest favorite this weekend according to sportsnation fan voting. They're a bigger lock than the Patriots. By a lot.

My bet is that they will admit that theres a demo coming.

i've been wearing my favre jersey all day. go pack go!

Actually, 4:30 PM EST is 9:30 PM GMT, not 10:30.

In case you care, I'm NJ5, my account is not working so I'm using this one temporarily.

demo demo demo demo demo

PSNTAG= Xander732