By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

lets hope the soundtrack is dope.

Music=50% of the game.

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
twesterm said:
ClaudeLv250 said:
Kyros said:
"Yes, and Mario RPG was in a world where the priness was always capture by a dinosaur and a plummer stomped on mushrooms, yet it's one of the best recieved RPGs of all time."

Sorry but a Mario RPG is equally ridiculous. The whole italian plumber saves princess setup may be a nice running gag for games that don't require any story. But an Mario RPG must be about as fun as sticking needles in my eye. For a look on how well this setup works in a story you just have to look at the movie. And yes I read that it had some good reviews (although best received RPG of all time is a bit rich) that doesn't make it a good idea.

Sorry but when an RPG is as good as Mario RPG then it clearly was a good idea. Your bitching is without merit, you're simply bitching for the sake of bitching. The movie and RPG aren't even comparable, you should just stop talking before you dig yourself further into trollville.

Super Mario RPG isn't even the only good Mario RPG, Mario and Luigi Partners in Time was really good and though I never played it, the one before that was supposed to be good too.

Don't forget the two Paper Mario games (N64 and GC), they are very good.

Also just to add one more thing: don't assume that even the great RPG's have that great of a story. Take my favorite RPG for example: FFVI. We all know how fantastic the story, music, and characters are for that game, but is the story really that fantastic? It really is just as generic as most Mario games when you break it down but with good writers they made it one of the most legendary games of all time.

RPG formula to success.

Great characters.

+

Great music.

+

Great villian.

+

Gameplay/ Presentation/story

=

$ in the bank.

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

weezy said:
RPG formula to success.

Great characters.

+

Great music.

+

Great villian.

+

=

$ in the bank.

+ a name most people can pronounce

naznatips said:
Kyros said:
"
Thanks for your opinion, but I prefer the opinions of those who aren't trolling a topic about a game they don't care about and a system they don't own. "

Trolling? I will agree that I didn't make a very detailed or nuanced posting. But we are talking about a Role-Playing-Game. A game type that is all about the story and a cool world. And it is situated in a world where a couple of primary color hued hedgehogs fight Dr. Robotnik. (Which is about it as far as I have understood the story.)

No bad feelings but this is the worst setup ever. The screens look pretty cool, the maker is Bioware the best existing RPG developing studio (after Bethesda) but all of this cannot overcome the problem that you are a blue hedgehog.
If people can live with that I wish them good luck but negative opinions are not trolling per se. (And I would also stamp on this game if it was a PS3 or PC game)

Yes, and Mario RPG was in a world where the priness was always capture by a dinosaur and a plummer stomped on mushrooms, yet it's one of the best recieved RPGs of all time.

Bowser is a dinosaur?  I thought a turtle ^^''..

Oh wait...Turtles also dinosaurs? X_X...Crap I am lost..

About the game...hmm  I don't know....It is Sonic...I love Sonic....I prefer to wait till I see some Gameplay footage the only thing that gives me a good feeling is the fact that Bioware is the developper of this game.

Around the Network
Damstr8 said:
weezy said:
RPG formula to success.

Great characters.

+

Great music.

+

Great villian.

+

=

$ in the bank.

+ a name most people can pronounce

Lookin at you Baten Kaitos.

Soriku said:
Bowser = Turtle x dragon

Lol miyamoto was on drugs when he invented bowser?  J/k ^^''.

Lookin good! Wonder how it plays.

Official member of the Sonic Support Squad!

Bet with OriGin: Within 1 year Super Smash Bros. Brawl will be ahead of Mario Kart Wii (when aligning the one whole year from each region). 2 week ban from Vgchartz for the loser. Edit: Darn! Looks like OriGin will win.

that would be a great combo--point/ click adventure +RPG elements added in+turn based combat---mmmmm thats goood stuff

Soriku said:

How do you pronounce Baten Kaitos though? I pronounce it "Bay-ten-Kay-tos".

I know Baten Kaitos means "belly of the sea monster" in Arabic though

You got the meaning right, but blew the pronunciation completely. It's officially pronounced Bah-Ten-Kye(as in Kyte)-tohs.