By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is the hate for EA justified?

Andrespetmonkey said:
fillet said:
Short answer.

Yes.

Long answer,

Take your fucking online pass and shove it up your arse EA.

Very productive. You are definitely helping getting rid of online passes on EA games.

Just an opinion, my friend.

Around the Network

They bought westwood with much promises of great thing yet they put cock in f*cking ass!

Zuhyc said:

They bought westwood with much promises of great thing yet they put cock in f*cking ass!

What or who the hell is Westwood?

Who is Westwood?

You shall burn in the underworld!

Zuhyc said:

Who is Westwood?

You gave me no answer. What did EA do to them coocked them alive?

Around the Network

No, Activision is worse.

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

AndrewWK said:
Zuhyc said:

Who is Westwood?

Command & Conquer..

Honestly don't hate them, with Mirror's Edge and Dead space they took a risk and I am happy that they did it, also latest decisions like not charging us 60 € for Fifa euro 2012 but add it as DLC for fifa 2012 are a step in the right direction (atleast for me).

I can't stand them and no longer buy their games new. I really think they're pretty scummy and I suspect they likely do have paid posters on this board and others (at least 1 in this thread). I also suspect that they instigate some of the controversy surrounding their games (not the Mass Effect 3 ending thing but something in my gut tells me the anti-gay Mass Effect 3 campaign came along at a convenient time and seems tailor-made to make them look like the good guys).

Lostplanet22 said:
AndrewWK said:
Zuhyc said:

Who is Westwood?

Command & Conquer..

Honestly don't hate them, with Mirror's Edge and Dead space they took a risk and I am happy that they did it, also latest decisions like not charging us 60 € for Fifa euro 2012 but add it as DLC for fifa 2012 are a step in the right direction (atleast for me).

And what did EA do to Command & Conquer?

Bioware is working on a new one, so the franchise is in very good hands.

EA have made 4 games I have enjoyed this generation, Mass effect 1, 2, 3 and Dragon Age: Origins.
The rest I couldn't give a rats ass about.

The annoying part of it is; that unlike a company such as Valve, EA really only cares about the bottom line and your money as they have to answer to shareholders.
Valve on the other hand being a completely private company can get away with smaller margins because they don't have to answer to shareholders, they have far more freedom; and generally private company interests are aligned with that of the consumer.

However, awhile ago I bought Battlefield 3 and chucked it into Origin, then proceeded to buy the Karkland DLC for it without thinking twice about it, I assumed it would all work fine.
Funnily enough, after 10's of hours of troubleshooting, forwarding ports, reformatting and reinstalling windows, Reinstalling Origin, Battlefield 3, Punk buster countless times... The game finally decided to work.
However, the multi-player portion of the game has never worked, rendering the Karkland DLC useless.

So after battling with EA's woeful "customer support" (Who really just read scripts) they denied me my rights to a refund on a faulty product or service, which is against the law in my country.
They then stated that they will put me on high priority with the higher tech support people and they would get in contact with me within 24-48 hours, I'm still yet to hear from them.

After that broken promise I decided to take the matter farther and went to the ACCC (Australian Competition and Consumer Commission) And from the people I spoke there, I was well in my rights to ask for a refund and should have gotten one on the spot, hence they are looking into the matters for me currently. (I never expect the government agencies to ever move swiftly, but hell as if I am going to let EA get away with it.)

EA should not be forcing it's customers to use Origin, it's still in Beta, it has bugs and issues and does not bring with it lower prices, it's another added layer of frustration for the consumer.
Hell, even my Order History and the Store Page in Origin has never actually been able to load, all I get is a white screen regardless of the PC or internet connection I use. - Fantastic way to instill trust in a consumer. (Don't get me started on their website, it seems to be offline more often than I change my underwear.)

So until EA pull out there finger and make life easier for their paying customers... I want nothing to do with them, after Mass Effect 3 I doubt I will buy another EA product unless it's on Steam.
So that probably means no Dragon Age 3, No Battlefield 4, No Medal of Honour, No Command and Conquer, No Crysis 3... On the bright side I'll save myself hundreds which can be spent towards game companies that are far more deserving of my hard earned cash.

I could *pirate* those games, but I believe that isn't the correct way to send your message to a game company... They should be giving me the incentive to spend money, not driving me away with their horrible "platforms", DRM, Prices and schemes and horrible customer service.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--