By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - The last movie that made you cry?

The last 3 would be:

My name is Khan

Revolutionary road

The way back

And Bridesmaids had my wife and I crying with laughter.

Around the Network
Salnax said:
That time I watched Toy Story 3, but the power went out so the last thing I saw was everybody going into a fiery pit.

That would be horrible. I had a hard time watching it in theaters. I kept telling myself that there was no way Pixar would kill them. Then they all just gave up. My childhood almost died at that moment.

OT: This is geeky, but Lord of the Rings: Return of the King, when Frodo tells Sam to go home/ when Faramir tries to retake Osgiliath. They're right at the same part in the movie, and it was too much for me to take. Honestly, Sam is like Frodo's dog. And you don't mess with the dog. That was awful.

insomniac17 said:
Salnax said:
That time I watched Toy Story 3, but the power went out so the last thing I saw was everybody going into a fiery pit.

That would be horrible. I had a hard time watching it in theaters. I kept telling myself that there was no way Pixar would kill them. Then they all just gave up. My childhood almost died at that moment.

OT: This is geeky, but Lord of the Rings: Return of the King, when Frodo tells Sam to go home/ when Faramir tries to retake Osgiliath. They're right at the same part in the movie, and it was too much for me to take. Honestly, Sam is like Frodo's dog. And you don't mess with the dog. That was awful.

I was crying too but it was because Frodo and Sam aren't supposed to go to Osgaliath with Faramir.

Signature goes here!

Fluke

TruckOSaurus said:

I was crying too but it was because Frodo and Sam aren't supposed to go to Osgaliath with Faramir.

I think that was in the Two Towers that they were taken to Osgiliath. That could have been handled better, but unlike most movie adaptions of books I've read, I didn't mind most of the changes in the LotR trilogy, because I think the movies are really, really good.

Around the Network

I cry at sad movies. I guess I'm a sensative guy. The last movie I watched was The Hunger Games and it made me tear up. The one before that was Titanic 3D and I had tears streaming down my face. Even though I've seen it 4 times in the theaters now the music still makes me cry at certain parts.

insomniac17 said:
TruckOSaurus said:

I think that was in the Two Towers that they were taken to Osgiliath. That could have been handled better, but unlike most movie adaptions of books I've read, I didn't mind most of the changes in the LotR trilogy, because I think the movies are really, really good.

I do think Peter Jackson made an incredible job bringing the books to the big screen but The Two Towers is my least favorite of the three mostly because he took a lot of liberties with the story in that one (the elves being at Helm's Deep, unnecessary Arwen sequences, Aragon falling off the cliff, Faramir being tempted by the ring like his brother and bringing Frodo and Sam to Osgiliath)

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:

I do think Peter Jackson made an incredible job bringing the books to the big screen but The Two Towers is my least favorite of the three mostly because he took a lot of liberties with the story in that one (the elves being at Helm's Deep, unnecessary Arwen sequences, Aragon falling off the cliff, Faramir being tempted by the ring like his brother and bringing Frodo and Sam to Osgiliath)

I totally agree with the Aragorn/Faramir parts. Especially Faramir. I was sad to see that he had been turned into Boromir 2.0. Frodo and Sam being taken to Osgiliath I didn't mind quite as much until Frodo decided he wanted to show the ring to the Nazgul... that scene drives me nuts. I didn't mind the elves at Helm's Deep because it was a cool action scene, and I really enjoyed watching it. Lastly, I think Liv Tyler is absolutely stunning, so I wouldn't ever complain about seeing more of her.

Not only the last movie that made me cry but also the one that made me cry the most until now is the japanese "1 Litre of Tears". I was just watching some korean movies on youtube when I found this and probably some of you know about the story/this movie/the drama series. Actually I was expecting some tragedy about love or something but I found something completely different. I guess there is no dubbed version and everything looks a bit dry but I can only advise to watch this movie to the end. Whether it is good or not you should judge by yourself but it left me crying. Here is the youtube link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Qk13XpahPg

bizarre-galaxy.de - My Browsergame, but sadly only in german :(

You can play as an octopus, though!

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords