By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Swimmers unite!

Swimming,

I love 9 42.86%

I do every now and then 2 9.52%

is fun, but yeah 2 9.52%

is meh. 1 4.76%

I do it to survive in water. 2 9.52%

is for girlz!1 0 0%

is not a sport. 2 9.52%

THE WAY OF THE FUTURE 2 9.52%

Total:20

Okay guys, who here is a swimmer? Who here swims, is part of a swim team, or is just passionate about swimming. Post about it.

About me:

I swim 2 times a week for 1 hour of intensive swimming. I mostly do and love breast stroke, but at the end of every lap I love to do 3-4 strokes of crawl.

What about you?

Around the Network

Love swimming and looking forward to opening my pool again in a month or so. I like to swim between 30 and 45 minutes a day during summer.
I like the water to be at least 70 for a good swim. It's a bit too cold for breast stoke under 70. I try to stretch the season into October but have to draw the line when it goes down to 60. The coldest I swam in it was 57. I didn't last longer then 15 minutes before getting too dizzy.

SvennoJ said:
The coldest I swam in it was 57. I didn't last longer then 15 minutes before getting too dizzy.

Dedication! I love it. My neighbor's pool was always so cold, 70s to 80s. I don't think I've ever swam below 60s though.

happydolphin said:
SvennoJ said:
The coldest I swam in it was 57. I didn't last longer then 15 minutes before getting too dizzy.

Dedication! I love it. My neighbor's pool was always so cold, 70s to 80s. I don't think I've ever swam below 60s though.

You don't appreciate how good a hot shower feels until after you've swam in sub 60 water :)

happydolphin said:
SvennoJ said:

I just went swimming last week in the bleach and the water was cold as hell eventhough the sun was shining. It was my wrost swimming experience ever.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

Around the Network

Well, I go to the beach as often as I can in the summer. I don't do it for for my health or anything though, just fun and refresment. And never alone, it bores me.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

I used to do competitive swimming but I stopped several years ago. I've never really swam since. Sometimes I wish I would start swimming again but for some reason I can't bring myself to do it.

I used to swim a lot when I was younger. Now I don't as much. When I was younger I did competitive, not really though since we weren't that old. I enjoyed swimming quite a bit and I always swam over the Summer, every day! ^_^ Now I don't as much. Too busy with school and such. VGC doesn't help out.

EDIT: I was also considered the best on the team! ^.^ My parents want me to get into Swimming again when I get into 9th grade (Next Year) but I really don't feal like doing that, so tiring! 0_0

You guys should check out my swimmers triceps. Like rocks. I am a total sucker for breast stroke.

pezus said:
happydolphin said:
You guys should check out my swimmers triceps. Like rocks. I am a total sucker for breast stroke.

Just post a pic, we don't mind!

I'm no Marcus Fenix, but okay, I'll get my camera out!