By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super mario galaxy got IGN game of the year 07.

Congratz Nintendo, a well earned award. Galaxy owns.

http://bestof.ign.com/2007/overall/25.html

Around the Network

All those who are surprised, your hardcore gamer license has been suspended for 60 days.

Excellent, that makes SMG officially the game of the year all round (well duh) It is a good game and I am pleased to see it being so praised.

Good. It's nice to see that a quality platformer can get its' due cred.

Also: isn't Galaxy the first Nintendo-made game to win so many GotY's since Ocarina?

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Fanboys going wild in the comments there..

Around the Network

CoD4 and The Orange Box are better, imo.

I still need to check out Bioshock.

I won't be surprised if most people give Galaxy game of the year since there was so much competition elsewhere. 

Congrats to Nintendo. Its such an awesome game and definitely deserving of goty.

Gamertag: KillswitchTris PSN ID: KsET665 Wii Friend Code: 8415 6393 6330 0940 (PM me if you add me)
Feel Free To Add Me Tag: LISMDK - Extremely bad taste in music

That must have been a really tough call since there's been many outstanding games.

SMG winning is really a boost to Nintendo's philosophy that in the end, it's the gameplay, the fun, that matters most.

yeah!! :)

take that Sony and Microsoft fanboys!!!! :P

Nintendo deserved it!! what happened xbox360?? halo3?? bioshock?? mass effect?? resistance?? nooo......

Super Mario Galaxy is the BEST game ever....... :)

Wii console: 0595 8808 5698 2709
Super Smash Bros Brawl: 1161 1357 5188

Mario Kart Wii: 1633 4506 4319

PES 2008: 1633 5820 0347

DragonBall Z BT 3: 3823 9760 9484

Pokemon Battle Revolution: 3480 2645 9186
Feel free to add me, and sent me a pm with your Friend Code!!

Fun retarded quote from the comments on IGN:

- "Everyone's Mario biased so we knew who would take home GOTY, whatever."

If it's a viewpoint that everyone has, it's not really biased, is it?

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.