By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What's your phobia?

Millenium said:
Is there a name for the fear of men of different... Color taking up women of your own color?

That sounds is awfully racist doesn't it...

And also sexist if the reverse isn't true.

Around the Network

A little bit of social phobia. Fears occur when I have to deal with new situations or when I have/want to ask someone in a shop for help. Furthermore, I have fears of being rejected. I do not allow myself to show true feelings that often (especially anger) or to make mistakes. On the top of this I can't really handle my homosexuality. So there is a lot of pressure for me in my everyday life. That's the reason why I've decided to make a psychotherapy appointment in January and I'm doing major progresses so far.

Don't be confused or something. I'm a nice guy who embraces life, has a lots of friend, loves to drink beer and play video games. But there are things I can't handle myself so I decided to get help and it's nothing to be ashamed of. If you have problems: talk with someone (friends, family) and you will benefit from it.

manuel said:
lestatdark said:
manuel said:

(scary pic)

That's a huntsman spider right? The Ashidaka-gumo are the largest spiders in all of Japan (they can go up to 10 cm's legspan if i'm correct).

Correct on all counts.

I love living in Japan. But thoise huge ass spiders (they're so fast!!!) are one of the things I could live without. They give me the creeps.

There's a couple species that live here in Portugal too, but they're relatively tiny in comparison (most don't even reach 2 cm) and they're considered benefitial because they're extremely good at pest control. Though if we had one that could reach 10 cm like that one in Japan, I bet people wouldn't want them nearby as well

@Millenium - Only saw your post now, sorry . I used to love collecting all class of weird-ass animals and insects and bring them home, though most of the times I didn't even have to do it because a lot of them just ended up in our garden randomly. We even had an Anaconda living in an rather large Avocado tree we had for about 3 months. Living in Venezuela close to the amazon rainforest is all kinds of fun xD.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Millenium said:
Foreveralonephobia
Spiderphobia
Havingmyballscutoffphobia
Beingpoorphobia
Nointernetphobia

I have plenty of phobia to go around.

We are brothers in fear.

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

lestatdark said:
manuel said:
lestatdark said:
manuel said:

(scary pic)

That's a huntsman spider right? The Ashidaka-gumo are the largest spiders in all of Japan (they can go up to 10 cm's legspan if i'm correct).

Correct on all counts.

I love living in Japan. But thoise huge ass spiders (they're so fast!!!) are one of the things I could live without. They give me the creeps.

There's a couple species that live here in Portugal too, but they're relatively tiny in comparison (most don't even reach 2 cm) and they're considered benefitial because they're extremely good at pest control. Though if we had one that could reach 10 cm like that one in Japan, I bet people wouldn't want them nearby as well

@Millenium - Only saw your post now, sorry . I used to love collecting all class of weird-ass animals and insects and bring them home, though most of the times I didn't even have to do it because a lot of them just ended up in our garden randomly. We even had an Anaconda living in an rather large Avocado tree we had for about 3 months. Living in Venezuela close to the amazon rainforest is all kinds of fun xD.

Those big spiders are good at hunting cockroaches, so basically they have their purpose and they do nothing to humans, but... Bah, I hate them. >_<

Need something off Play-Asia? http://www.play-asia.com/

Around the Network
Millenium said:
Is there a name for the fear of men of different... Color taking up women of your own color?

That sounds awfully racist doesn't it...

"You sick bastard... :P" ~Millenium.