By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Games you remember playing, but can't remember the name of!

PullusPardus said:
Burning Typhoon said:

I really doubt it...  I do specifically remember one of the bosses being named Red, though, and his portrait was just red, with no actual character in it.  I doubt it was Tobal.

Battle Arena Toshinden ? (i fucking loved this game and it's sequel)

Holy crap this is the game i was thinking of when i came here. I only had the demo but played this all the time when i was little.

Around the Network
pezus said:
radishhead said:
pezus said:
radishhead said:
I've got another one! xD

PC game: there were two cowboys, one was called "the Doc" I think. It was like a top down (kinda 2.5d) strategy game set in the Wild West. I imagine it was released at a similar time to my "colonel" game; late 1990s

Desperados: Wanted Dead or Alive!?

Just looked up the name- that's definitely the right game :D Did you type stuff into google, or had you played the game before? Either way, thanks :p

I have played a bit of it so I googled to see if Doc was a character there just to confirm!

Was that game any good? I was about 5 years old when I played it, so I don't think I ever got past the first level :p

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

PullusPardus said:
Netyaroze said:

rr

i am not sure. Its possible the balloon with the P in it could have been in the game

Ok more details: 

I am pretty sure the game went from left to right.

The music was sader in my memory. It really made me feel weird. I played this game between 1995-1992. It has to be an early 90s release.

I think the character was a boy (probably)

I think most of the ground was missing. If your balloons popped it meant death. It wasnt an easy game I think I never completed it. (Wasnt my game either I borrowed it.

You were able to hold 3 balloons i think and I am not sure if you had complete control while flying. It could have been just parts of the game hanging on balloons.

There was a forest level I think.

I was very young and had  the game only for a short time maybe it was even this, the P Balloon is kind of familiar. But Its a girl and the levels are too short. And the music isnt weird enough. 

how about the NES version ? 

'

You were right the first time. But it was the original version Balloon kid which released 1991. I figured it out after I saw the forest level and the music changed. Good Job for finding it so fast.

NintendoPie said:
miz1q2w3e said:
This happened to me a while ago but THANKFULLY I remembered one of the cheat codes I used to type into the game and I found it based on that.

Would've driven me CRAZY if I didn't get it (asked around all the forums I knew lol)

Crazy enough to make you go insane, get put into a mental institute, then kill yourself, then the people who run it found your dead body when they just realised you weren't insane and they were going to set you free but you already killed yourself?

As a matter of fact, YES!

I remember this game that me and my cousin used to play when we were kids on the sega mega drive, it was a football game were the men were some sort of triangles with circles for heads or something like that, and I think one team was blue with the other being red ... something along those lines :D

Around the Network

I don't have a problem with remembering games. My problem is that I remember cheat codes and I have no idea what they belong to. I'll be minding my own business when I suddenly remember:

CTMV-W26K-R5KN-SIBK (that's the password and I swear it works for whichever game it's for), or Z,A,R,Z,A,B. Lately, I've been thinking L,Y,X,R,B,A (I just remembered, the last one isn't a cheat code at all.  It's the way I configure my buttons in Street Fighter II for the Super Nes!).

I remember this crazily funny game where you played as 4 characters that you could switch between ingame, I remember there was one character with a axe.

Vague ftw!

d21lewis said:

I don't have a problem with remembering games. My problem is that I remember cheat codes and I have no idea what they belong to. I'll be minding my own business when I suddenly remember:

CTMV-W26K-R5KN-SIBK (that's the password and I swear it works for whichever game it's for), or Z,A,R,Z,A,B. Lately, I've been thinking L,Y,X,R,B,A (I just remembered, the last one isn't a cheat code at all.  It's the way I configure my buttons in Street Fighter II for the Super Nes!).

CTMV-W26K-R5KN-SIBK  is for Castlevania (2) on NES

Z, A,R,Z,A,B  is for Killer Instinct on N64

Netyaroze said:
d21lewis said:

CTMV-W26K-R5KN-SIBK  is for Castlevania (2) on NES

Z, A,R,Z,A,B  is for Killer Instinct on N64

My mind is blown!

Millenium said:
I remember this crazily funny game where you played as 4 characters that you could switch between ingame, I remember there was one character with a axe.

Vague ftw!

Can you remember what console it was on? :p

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~