By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Xenoblade thread- Opinions, thoughts and questions inside! Can it hit 1mil in sales next year? Sequel coming for Wii U???

What is the best 'major' area in the game?

Colony 9 39 12.34%

Bionis' Leg 83 26.27%

The Marsh 20 6.33%

The Forest 17 5.38%

The Sea 24 7.59%

The Mountain 13 4.11%

The Valley 5 1.58%

Fallen Arm 22 6.96%

The Field of Metal 9 2.85%

See results! 73 23.10%

Total:305
Michael-5 said:
Conegamer said:
Michael-5 said:

When i saw blood.....I fell in love. Never would I have imagined a JRPG to draw me in like this game, and never would I have thought Nintendo would have published a game like this. It's really good, shows how good a game can be when $$$ isn't the objective.

Damn, just the events in the first 3 hours or so...WOW. I'm only 8 hours in, but damn.

This is definatly my favorite game for the Wii, and makes me feel like other good Wii games (like Fire Emblem) are crap now...Definatly one of the best JRPG's I have ever played.

Only 8 hours in??? Just you wait...you've got much more goodness ahead of you

Yea I was walking the fields on Bionis's Leg and I saw some level 85 guys...I know this will be a long game, feels like it will be a lot longer then the 60/70 reviewers claim.

Also I have an idea on what the next twist is going to be. I figured it out when the first faced mechon had claws for arms.

Well, sorry to disappoint you but you're wrong.

And it is a long game. Coming back and killing the enemies like that in 60 hours is such a great feeling. At last, exacting your revenge!

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
Conegamer said:
Out of interest, the first week sales for the game in USA are in!

Came in second just behind Kinect Star Wars (though I don't think anyone expected it to outsell that...)

Xenoblade Chronicles (Wii)
141,593 141,593 1

For comparison, sold 25,758 FW, now at 170,490 LT (having sold 25,500 this year so far!) in Europe, and 82,083 FW, now at 159,071 LT (having sold a whooping 83 units this year so far!) in Japan.

So, 300-400k in USA LT is reasonable, and 350-450k in Americas LT also.

Impressive IMO!

That is indeed quite impressive.  This means that the LT sales for XBC, so far, are roughtly 471,154 worldwide.  It's easily going to smash the 500k mark.  I'd say that XBC has become an instant cult classic, and its sales figures really show.

I'm calling it, XBC is the "little JRPG" that could.

Nice, with almost 500k sales worldwide and the potential 650k ~ 700k WW LT I am truly happy with the sales. Of course I prefer to sell millions because It deserves it.

3DS FC :  4339 - 3326 - 7693. Add me :) Nickname Tin

Are there any kinds of Bossfights alá Final Fantasy?

MRKs said:
Nice, with almost 500k sales worldwide and the potential 650k ~ 700k WW LT I am truly happy with the sales. Of course I prefer to sell millions because It deserves it.

It may deserve it, but it never will, sadly...

Also, pre-orders were way off again. Who's surprised about that?

Around the Network
AndrewWK said:

I assume you mean many?

And yes. There are. There's over 200 boss fights. 

Conegamer said:
AndrewWK said:

I assume you mean many?

Do you count the face Mechon as a Boss?

AndrewWK said:
Conegamer said:
AndrewWK said:

I assume you mean many?

Yes. I also count the 140ish UM's as bosses. 

Aside from that, there's probably 2-3 bosses per area, on average. Some more, some less. 

AndrewWK said:

The first few "Boss Fights" don't really feel very bossish, don't worry, the story is just showing you how weak you are so far.  Soon enough you will be unlocking things that allow you to actually do something to these jerks.   And you will meet Xord soon, and that's really only the start.  I am 22hours in, and after the last boss fight, I feel like I just got through the prologue and am just starting in on the real game.  This thing has so much depth and so much to do.  I have the same feeling I did when I played FF3 (SNES, FF6 for the purists) for the first time. 

Work can't end soon enough, I am playing this game so much this weekend its not even funny. 

Plezbo said:
AndrewWK said:

The first few "Boss Fights" don't really feel very bossish, don't worry, the story is just showing you how weak you are so far.  Soon enough you will be unlocking things that allow you to actually do something to these jerks.   And you will meet Xord soon, and that's really only the start.  I am 22hours in, and after the last boss fight, I feel like I just got through the prologue and am just starting in on the real game.  This thing has so much depth and so much to do.  I have the same feeling I did when I played FF3 (SNES, FF6 for the purists) for the first time. 

Work can't end soon enough, I am playing this game so much this weekend its not even funny. 

I can imagine! Would this boss be in Satorl, by any chance? If so, it is a great fight, and the first 'real' boss I feel. Maybe the Mechon with lots of arms earlier was a boss...

Fine. The second boss :P