By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Square Enix will step up ports and sequels.

I'm hoping a sequel for chrono cross gets announced at the S-E party in May, but not for PS3, no for Wii! Cause S-E is hinting to some great time for Nin fans and S-E fans of 10 year old franchises.

Edit: I't would be very cruel of S-E, leaving Sony after 10 years of dedication, just like they did with Nintendo in 1995. But it would end the console wars rather quickly, wouldn't it?!

THE NETHERLANDS

Around the Network
StarcraftManiac said:

Edit: I't would be very cruel of S-E, leaving Sony after 10 years of dedication, just like they did with Nintendo in 1995. But it would end the console wars rather quickly, wouldn't it?!

it would be fun seeing Sony take over SE if they tried to pull that.

Avinash_Tyagi said:
Kwaad said:
mmm... FFVII FFVIII and FFIX on my PSP... :D

Wii is more likely

How? Someone said it was announced SE expects to put FF7-9 on the PSN network for download, following the current trend of PS1 games for download it will work on the PSP, and becuase of the recent patch, it will ALSO work on my PS3. So there you have it. FF7-9 on my PSP. (I just scored a 4gb memory card, so F*K yeah!)

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

If the remakes actually looked good I would go for them, FF I, II on the PSP and III on the DS all look crappy...

If they remade 'em with decent graphics I would buy all of 'em... 

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Its a myth that FFVII was a big game. Angel Studios wanted to do FFVII for N64. The only reason they did RE2 was because Squaresoft declined their offer. Most of the data in FFVII and the other PS FF games is redundant. DS carts currently have twice the capacity of N64 carts. Now if Angel Studios could fit FFVII on a 64MB N64 cart in a resolution of 640x480, then fitting the game on a 128MB DS cart in a resolution of 256x192 would be a cake walk. Thats assuming that they don't opt for one of the 256 or 512MB carts that Nintendo is reportedly rolling out this year.

Around the Network
Darc Requiem said:
Its a myth that FFVII was a big game. Angel Studios wanted to do FFVII for N64. The only reason they did RE2 was because Squaresoft declined their offer. Most of the data in FFVII and the other PS FF games is redundant. DS carts currently have twice the capacity of N64 carts. Now if Angel Studios could fit FFVII on a 64MB N64 cart in a resolution of 640x480, then fitting the game on a 128MB DS cart in a resolution of 256x192 would be a cake walk. Thats assuming that they don't opt for one of the 256 or 512MB carts that Nintendo is reportedly rolling out this year.

Where is the source of that report? And if its true, then fitting any of the PS1 FF games on the DS should be easy.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Kwaad said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
Kwaad said:
mmm... FFVII FFVIII and FFIX on my PSP... :D

Wii is more likely

How? Someone said it was announced SE expects to put FF7-9 on the PSN network for download, following the current trend of PS1 games for download it will work on the PSP, and becuase of the recent patch, it will ALSO work on my PS3. So there you have it. FF7-9 on my PSP. (I just scored a 4gb memory card, so F*K yeah!)

Wii Sales>>>>>>>>>>PS3 sales , and S_E has already said they're going to bring more to the Wii, and the remakes on the DS did awesome sales

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Nintendo already has plans for some games to be able to us 2GB carts on DS...

OriGin said:
Nintendo already has plans for some games to be able to us 2GB carts on DS...

Link please? I'd really like to see some confirmation on this. 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs