By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gran Turismo 5 vs Halo Reach (total lifetime sales)

Will Gran Turismo 5 outsell Halo Reach (lifetime)?

Yes 139 47.60%

No 153 52.40%

Total:292

This user has been hit and run for years, people still fall for his crap? lol

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
ethomaz said:
crissindahouse said:
ethomaz said:
Jay520 said:
ethomaz said:
Jay520 said:
ethomaz said:
At the current rate GT5 will outsell Reach (without digital sales)... there are more potential buyers for GT5 than Halo: Reach... in fact the XL Edition is not released in Europe yet (the biggest country for GT). In fact reach is more front loaded than GT5.

A little comparison:

GT5 2010: 5,264,164
Reach 2010: 7,100,482

GT5 2011: 1,786,379
Reach 2011: 1,594,218

GT5 2012: 307,832
Reach: 192,329

But if you add digital sales Reach will outsell GT5.

At the current Rate, GT5 is only outselling Reach by about 200k a year. It'll take about 7-8 years to catch Reach at that rate. It's not happening.

It's already 100k this year... at current rate it will outsell Reach by 500k+ this year without XL Edition in Europe.

What!?! 500k+? Can I purchase weed from you?

GT5 is yet in TOP100 sales (54 last week)... Reach is not even in the TOP100... in May the gap will be 200k for the year and it will grow in the holiday season.

That's like the sales are.

- GT5 is selling now 20k per week.
- Reach is selling now less than 10k per week (the 100th game sold 11,323 this week).

Do you want me to do the math for you?

i have absolutely no clue about the gt sales and about this xl edition but you say gt5 is selling 20k now per month and mid march it sold 31,257? maybe sales will be 5k lower next month or so but reach sales will hold at whatever it sells atm?

like i said, i have no clue about those sales, was just searching for them for this thread and saw that you posted those 31,257 sales in the gt 5 comments because i can't answer a poll without searching for the sales to think about which will sell more.

20k per week... it is selling ~100k per month.

~320k for Jan/Feb/Mar.

if vgc is correct...

thats a big if... judging by the last shipment amount.

VGC numbers are lower than last shipment amount and the XL edition was released this quarter... the if is not too big like you want to be.

crissindahouse said:
ethomaz said:
crissindahouse said:
ethomaz said:
Jay520 said:
ethomaz said:
Jay520 said:
ethomaz said:
At the current rate GT5 will outsell Reach (without digital sales)... there are more potential buyers for GT5 than Halo: Reach... in fact the XL Edition is not released in Europe yet (the biggest country for GT). In fact reach is more front loaded than GT5.

A little comparison:

At the current Rate, GT5 is only outselling Reach by about 200k a year. It'll take about 7-8 years to catch Reach at that rate. It's not happening.

It's already 100k this year... at current rate it will outsell Reach by 500k+ this year without XL Edition in Europe.

GT5 is yet in TOP100 sales (54 last week)... Reach is not even in the TOP100... in May the gap will be 200k for the year and it will grow in the holiday season.

- Reach is selling now less than 10k per week (the 100th game sold 11,323 this week).

i have absolutely no clue about the gt sales and about this xl edition but you say gt5 is selling 20k now per month and mid march it sold 31,257? maybe sales will be 5k lower next month or so but reach sales will hold at whatever it sells atm?

like i said, i have no clue about those sales, was just searching for them for this thread and saw that you posted those 31,257 sales in the gt 5 comments because i can't answer a poll without searching for the sales to think about which will sell more.

~320k for Jan/Feb/Mar.

uhhm yeah that's what i meant lol, sry for the typo^^  both numbers meant for one week!

Weel... the 31k sales is from the release week of a big game on PS3... the sales is flat now ~20k per week... Reach sales is decreasing every week (more then GT5) but I can't say what is the avg per week fot it (sold less than 11k last week).

For future comparison this week lifetime sales for Reach: 8,887,029

ethomaz said:
crissindahouse said:
ethomaz said:
Jay520 said:
ethomaz said:
Jay520 said:
ethomaz said:

A little comparison:

~320k for Jan/Feb/Mar.

January sales are always high, leftover holiday season and massive outlet sales contribute greatly, february and march see hardware and software sales plummeting towards the spring/summer lull and even fall is rather fall until mid-october or so (GT5 did over 30k only two weeks ago, its falling pretty fast now). You don't honestly think GT5 will keep pulling 80-100k a month until october, do you? It will likely fall into the 10k region weekly come spring, perhaps even slightly below 10k and then pick up again in the holidays. But this holiday season will be fairly weak for all three as it is likely the very last one of this generation and software sales will reflect that. GT5 will be lucky to cross much beyond 8 million lifetime by january 1st 2013. It might not cross 8 million at all this year, at least not without bundling and we don't track bundles properly...

As much as I love the game, some of the expectations for it simply cannot be met, the installed base is too small, the sim market too narrow and the console cycle too advanced to make much of an impact from here on out.

kowenicki said:
Seece said:

and who the hell are you!?

I'm a saint! xD what do you mean?

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Seece said:
kowenicki said:
Seece said:

well, you are vaguely familiar...  ?    ohhhh, I remember you now   where ya been?

ooh, just life back now despite being toootally disinterested in gaming

Seece said:
kowenicki said:
Seece said:
kowenicki said:
Seece said:

well, you are vaguely familiar...  ?    ohhhh, I remember you now   where ya been?

I salute you sir! Gaming used to be my favourite hobby but now I play video games not more than once or twice a month. There are much better things to do in life rather than just sitting on the sofa and playing video games all day

dsage01 said:
Seece said:
kowenicki said:
Seece said:
kowenicki said:
Seece said:

I salute you sir! Gaming used to be my favourite hobby but now I play video games not more than once or twice a month. There are much better things to do in life rather than just sitting on the sofa and playing video games all day

It's not that I look down on them, I'm just not interested. Not played properly at all this year.

I'm sure GTAV, Bioshock Infinite and AC3 and MAYBE Halo 4 will get me back into it thought.

My new BF doesn't game either so that just adds to it now.

Alright you scumbags, the next person to dare publicly say he or she lost interest in gaming is gonna get a whooping!!! I jest I just, I must confess, except for ME3 I have no played much games myself since November last year...

GT5 was a big disappointment, I'm sure that the edition XL won't help GT5's sales

I would even say that because of GT5, GT6 will sell very very bad (for a GT game)
(like FF13-2 sells bad because of FF13)