By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Developers see costs double for Durango sequels to Xbox 360 titles

so they need to spend MORE (twice as much) Money on developing games, for something that is a given to every today's PC Game?

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

Around the Network

$100+ worth of DLC for each game confirmed.
$100 launch titles confirmed.

It's just that simple.

nahthey'd kill their own business... nah like i said more micro transaction for content specific DLC... shorter games at launch for cheaper hopefully especialy if they go all digital and kill the second hand mkt... at 100 bucks game they will end up like the neo geo

well this is obvious

more Do0m3D devs then :-/

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

ok development costs will be 2x as much but the rest of the costs (shipping, advertisement, trade-fair appearance and so on) won't increase 100% just because the games were more expensive to make right? so that means whole costs for a game won't increase 100%.

but i really think games have to get a higher price anytime soon. they can't always have the prices they had 20 years ago with increasing costs for everything. no indurstry is doing this, i have to pay much more for a car than i had 20 years ago as well and i have to pay more for my steak in a restaurant or my hotel room as well and just look at the cinema ticket costs from 20 years ago and from nowadays.

gamers have to realize that there will be the time they have to pay more for games to make them profitable like the own company they work in has to increase prices from time to time to pay the higher loan you get from time to time and the other increasing costs.

Around the Network

Its always like this at the beginning of every generation. Costs will go up for the first couple years as studios learn how to use all the new tech and the tech itself is expensive. That being said, like every generation costs go down over time. People we get far more familiar with the hardware, resulting in shorter needed development times, and the price of the tech itself as it ages will decrease.

Those who think PC models are double the work of todays 360 and PS3 games are way off mark.

At best Battlefield 3 and Witcher 2 use 30,000 more polys. Not double. And certainly not double the texture work eiter.

The rumours from several sources are saying the 16 core cpu is true. I wouldn't be surprised to see M$ having lots of power this next gen especially with lots of cores helping real motion control, and perfect voice control in all weathers.

I always wonder how good must games look for us gamers.I mean I thought Pong was the shizz back in the day..now we are upto Uncharted Standards.How much more do we need or want???

Costs for developing games shouldn't increase 2 times to make them look prettier.

Efficiency is key.

mootap said:
I always wonder how good must games look for us gamers.I mean I thought Pong was the shizz back in the day..now we are upto Uncharted Standards.How much more do we need or want???

yeah i thought about that today when i saw a football (soccer for some) game. if i would really like to play with players looking like real humans. i'm not sure but ii think i wouldn't like it then. same with a shooter game. if the people would exactly look like real humans i think it wouldn't be so cool anymore.

the graphics can still improve a lot to make i better for me but i think if it would be really like reality it would be too much, i wish to have the feeling that i play a game and not real persons with a robot in their head^^

but that's just what i think, if i could play those games maybe i would like it even when i think i wouldn't like it, who knows...