By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Top Game Developer of all Time, (Irrational is the winner!!) - ....VG Chartz user's are f***ed (me included)

pezus said:
Conegamer said:

pezus said:

Isn't Monolith almost an exclusively RPG making dev? GTAIV may have been overrated but it is certainly one of the best (the best IMO) open world games of the generation. Besides, GTAIV being overrated is not their fault, it's still easily a 90+ game either way. GTA3, Vice City, San Andreas, IV, RDR and soon Max Payne 3...you can't deny their greatness! But, if you'd like to drop Rockstar off the list please consider the games From Software have made.

Yes, but I like their games. 

Also, Rockstar is probably...5th favourite on that list. Grasshopper, Eidos, Platinum, Atlus, Shin'en, and others, are far worse devs.

But Rockstar and Monolith are very, VERY good at what they do. Neither deserve to go. You know that. So stop downvoting them.

I'm just doing what you're doing with Dice/Visc

Hey, that was once, because they had too many points. And I concede, Monolith doesn't deserve anything abovve 65. Dunno what it's at now, but it doesn't. 

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
pezus said:
Conegamer said:
pezus said:
Conegamer said:

pezus said:

Isn't Monolith almost an exclusively RPG making dev? GTAIV may have been overrated but it is certainly one of the best (the best IMO) open world games of the generation. Besides, GTAIV being overrated is not their fault, it's still easily a 90+ game either way. GTA3, Vice City, San Andreas, IV, RDR and soon Max Payne 3...you can't deny their greatness! But, if you'd like to drop Rockstar off the list please consider the games From Software have made.

Yes, but I like their games. 

Also, Rockstar is probably...5th favourite on that list. Grasshopper, Eidos, Platinum, Atlus, Shin'en, and others, are far worse devs.

But Rockstar and Monolith are very, VERY good at what they do. Neither deserve to go. You know that. So stop downvoting them.

I'm just doing what you're doing with Dice/Visc

Hey, that was once, because they had too many points. And I concede, Monolith doesn't deserve anything abovve 65. Dunno what it's at now, but it doesn't. 

64. You have lots of guys voting them up anyway so it's not like they're going down fast

I'm well aware they aren't going down fast, but...why 'you'? I'm not 'recruiting' or 'persuading' people to vote up/ down different devs, you know...

If we get a top 5 of Monolith, Dice, Rockstar, and any two of Shin-en, Visceral and Ensemble, I'd count that as a victory after the best three (Nintendo, ND and Valve) went out early.

Rockstar+

Grasshopper-

Platinum Games 42
Rockstar 33
Maxis 35
Dice 56
Visceral Games 55
Shin'en 22
Atlus 13
Ensemble Studios 55
Codemasters 37
LucasArts/LucasFilms 23
Microprose 35
Origin Systems 49
Irrational 46
Treasure 56
Monolith Soft 64
Eidos Montreal 38
Gust 43
Grasshopper Manufacture 6
From Software 30

Finally over half done of the list :)

Gilgamesh said:
Finally over half done of the list :)

The more that gets removed, the quicker it's going to take before we get the last one standing due to less options for people to be split amongst. This should get quite interesting soon enough.

Food for thought: Shove an apple in your brain

Around the Network
Platinum Games 42
Rockstar 33
Maxis 35
Dice 56
Visceral Games 55
Shin'en 22
Atlus 13
Ensemble Studios 55
Codemasters 37
LucasArts/LucasFilms 23
Microprose 35
Origin Systems 49
Irrational 46
Treasure 56
Monolith Soft 65
Eidos Montreal 38
Gust 43
Grasshopper Manufacture 3
From Software 30

+ MS

- Grasshopper.

pezus said:
Conegamer said:
pezus said:

64. You have lots of guys voting them up anyway so it's not like they're going down fast

I'm well aware they aren't going down fast, but...why 'you'? I'm not 'recruiting' or 'persuading' people to vote up/ down different devs, you know...

If we get a top 5 of Monolith, Dice, Rockstar, and any two of Shin-en, Visceral and Ensemble, I'd count that as a victory after the best three (Nintendo, ND and Valve) went out early.

Lol, why did I know you'd mention that? I do not mean it in that way, should have reworded. I don't know about Shin-en, what have they even made?

I'm well aware of what you meant. Just being pedantic

A few bits here and there, really. They did Art Of Balance, which is very, VERY good. And Nanostray. And there's a fair bit in development as well.

Aside from that, nothing much. But there's not much to choose from with the other devs either, really.

Platinum Games 42
Rockstar 30
Maxis 35
Dice 56
Visceral Games 55
Shin'en 22
Atlus 13
Ensemble Studios 55
Codemasters 37
LucasArts/LucasFilms 23
Microprose 35
Origin Systems 49