By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Top Game Developer of all Time, (Irrational is the winner!!) - ....VG Chartz user's are f***ed (me included)

Epic Games 35
Platinum Games 41
Rockstar 41
Maxis 35
Dice 50
Visceral Games 56
Shin'en 40
Atlus 48
Ensemble Studios 55
Codemasters 36
LucasArts/LucasFilms 17
Microprose 35
Origin Systems 49
Irrational 46
Treasure 54
Monolith Soft 62
Eidos Montreal 37
Studio 4C 19
Gust 43
Grasshopper Manufacture 29
From Software 32

+ Monolith

- Epic

Around the Network
Epic Games 35
Platinum Games 41
Rockstar 41
Maxis 35
Dice 51
Visceral Games 56
Shin'en 40
Atlus 48
Ensemble Studios 55
Codemasters 36
LucasArts/LucasFilms 17
Microprose 35
Origin Systems 49
Irrational 46
Treasure 54
Monolith Soft 62
Eidos Montreal 37
Studio 4C 16
Gust 43
From Software 32

+ Dice

- Studio 4C

+Monolith

-Atlus (They're a publisher!!!)

Epic Games 35
Platinum Games 41
Rockstar 41
Maxis 35
Dice 51
Visceral Games 56
Shin'en 40
Atlus 45
Ensemble Studios 55
Codemasters 36
LucasArts/LucasFilms 17
Microprose 35
Origin Systems 49
Irrational 46
Treasure 54
Monolith Soft 63
Eidos Montreal 37
Studio 4C 16
Gust 43
From Software 32

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Epic Games 32
Platinum Games 41
Rockstar 41
Maxis 35
Dice 51
Visceral Games 56
Shin'en 40
Atlus 45
Ensemble Studios 55
Codemasters 36
LucasArts/LucasFilms 18
Microprose 35
Origin Systems 49
Irrational 46
Treasure 54
Monolith Soft 63
Eidos Montreal 37
Studio 4C 16
Gust 43
From Software 32

+ LucasArts

- Epic

@conegamer

LOL They are not just a publisher...all of the games they are known for are developed by them. No-one cares about their published games. 

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:

@conegamer

LOL They are not just a publisher...all of the games they are known for are developed by them. No-one cares about their published games. 

This may be true, but they published a lot more games than they have developed:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Atlus_games

Also, none of those games have gone on the be mega-successful, or released to huge critical acclaim. They release a lot of average games, with one or two good games. However, as of late, they haven't done anything good, bar Trauma Centre and Catherine.

Their games are you love them or you hate them. They're a good dev, but they don't have great success either critically or commerically, like most devs on that list (and some which have already gone, like Nintendo, Valve and ND...) Because of that, they can't be the best dev.

(I suppose they do Persona...but that's more an exception to the rule.)

Conegamer said:
darthdevidem01 said:

@conegamer

Also, none of those games have gone on the be mega-successful, or released to huge critical acclaim. They release a lot of average games, with one or two good games. However, as of late, they haven't done anything good, bar Trauma Centre and Catherine.

Their games are you love them or you hate them. They're a good dev, but they don't have great success either critically or commerically, like most devs on that list (and some which have already gone, like Nintendo, Valve and ND...) Because of that, they can't be the best dev.

Radiant Historia, Devil Survivor 2 say hi...both released within the past year or so. 

I didn't even know they made the Trauma Centre games...makes them only more powerful now in my eyes lol.

My point was your posts seemed like all you thought they did was "publish" which was simply wrong as they do develop games & are known for them more than their published ones, but you just don't like their games much which is fair enough. 

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
Conegamer said:
darthdevidem01 said:

@conegamer

Radiant Historia, Devil Survivor 2 say hi...both released within the past year or so. 

I didn't even know they made the Trauma Centre games...makes them only more powerful now in my eyes lol.

My point was your posts seemed like all you thought they did was "publish" which was simply wrong as they do develop games & are known for them more than their published ones, but you just don't like their games much which is fair enough. 

Yes, but neither of those games sold particularly well, nor did they release to huge critical acclaim. Same with Trauma Centre and Catherine.

I do like their games. They are an incredibly powerful dev. But my point is, just because I like them, doesn't make them the 'best dev EVA!'. You have to ignore any favouritism you may have, and judge each ven upon their own merits. That's why either Nintendo or Valve should have won, because they release games with high acclaim, and have created new genres, and re-invented old. And they sell. And they appeal to plenty of different crowds, etc. And the fact they publish a lot of games just goes some way to reinforcing that fact to me, that a lot of their love from people actualy boils down to a game another dev created, but they published.

So I don't hate them. I like them, infact. But that doesn't matter, as their games aren't good enough to make them the best ever.

+ Rockstar

- Atlus

Epic Games 32
Platinum Games 41
Rockstar 42
Maxis 35
Dice 52
Visceral Games 56
Shin'en 40
Atlus 39
Ensemble Studios 55
Codemasters 36