By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 39 - Resonance of Fate Arena

Responding to our doubts and questions is a good start, but the doubts mainly reside in why you are not contributing. I don't want to hear anything about role, etc, but in order to satisfy us, we need to see some contributions, because that's really what we need to help us determine your alignment.

Around the Network

noname: This is a weirdly timed post. We just had a player about to be replaced with someone who hasn't played before, the new player was asking questions about the history of the game, and Final-Fan and noctis were in the midst of grilling spurge on the latter's posts. What part of this is "off-topic blablabla"?

There was a lot of off-topic chattering, and having Rol on the game was not a game defining clue.

Prof: Right, so why didn't you vote no lynch?

Well, the main thing I wanted is to have the day finished at some point, and I not casting a vote on anyone is not the same as no-lynch, but it's also simmilar.

FF: And what about what was ON topic?  Nothing to say?  And you also have no opinion about all the people going off topic?

"Rol is here, Yay!"

"This is dry, I hope the game gets back on track soon."

My thoughts during that point in time.

Just make sure to answer our doubts and questions, too.

morenoingrato said:

Prof: Right, so why didn't you vote no lynch?

Well, the main thing I wanted is to have the day finished at some point, and I not casting a vote on anyone is not the same as no-lynch, but it's also simmilar.

This one is poorly worded, I didn't want a lynch, but I didn't want to do anything to stop one in that moment either. There wan't even a very high risk of one at that point.

noname2200 said:

I had noticed that nen's not voted yet. His contributions to the me vs. Linkz match strike a chord with me: I'll have to review, but my memory tells me that he was egging me on one minute, and then flipping on me as things died down. It might have been justified, and even if it wasn't I'm not sure what to make of it, but it's something I'd noticed.

Worked overtime yesterday  and I'm worn-out both physically & mentally.

I did keep with the thread tho, but didn't have the energy to post (didn't really have something really worth saying)

I agreed with Linkz regarding FF situation from the start. The part that i was with you on was the whole "refresh before voting" thingy.

I found you pressing Linkz on the FF part suspcious and i still do.

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

Around the Network

Also, how can someone be "a threat to the town"?

Unless I give some important clues to Mafia or something I will never have any type of access to, I don't see why we shouldn't have our population to the fullest.

To add to my post above, the town always commits that fatal mistake.

They lynch someone even if they are unsure they are Mafia, implying they are not that important, and then they struggle in numbers, costing them the game.

If all you do is lurk, your only contribution to the town is to be a suspicious person (lurkers are suspicious). Better to eliminate a "possible mafia" slot now if that's all you're going to be.

That is what I meant by detriment to the town.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

morenoingrato said:

noname: This is a weirdly timed post. We just had a player about to be replaced with someone who hasn't played before, the new player was asking questions about the history of the game, and Final-Fan and noctis were in the midst of grilling spurge on the latter's posts. What part of this is "off-topic blablabla"?

There was a lot of off-topic chattering, and having Rol on the game was not a game defining clue.

FF: And what about what was ON topic?  Nothing to say?  And you also have no opinion about all the people going off topic?

"Rol is here, Yay!"

"This is dry, I hope the game gets back on track soon."

My mind during that point in time.

You're being vague. For starters, define your terms: what do YOU consider to be "off-topic chattering"? I also have no idea what you mean re: Rol and "game defining clue."

For reference sake, I'm looking at page 5 (50 posts/page), where you made your post. It marks the beginning of regular activity in this thread. My reading of the situation is quite different from the one you're positing here.

Although an addendum to something I said earlier: radish voted for a time limit before you did. I was wrong about that fact.

And I don't see how it makes sense that you wanted the day to end, and you didn't want to lynch anyone, yet you didn't want to vote to end the day without lynching anyone (which is what a "No Lynch" vote is).

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom!