By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Movie & TV Chat: A entertainment discussion thread ~ Live, Love, Enjoy movies! What did ya'll think of Joker?

What Marvel superhero do you enjoy the most?

Iron Man 1 12.50%

Thor 0 0%

Hulk 0 0%

Spiderman 1 12.50%

Xmen -post individually below 1 12.50%

Ant Man 0 0%

other Avenger -post individually below 0 0%

GotG- see above example 2 25.00%

other post below 0 0%

DC bro!!!! 3 37.50%

Total:8
spurgeonryan said:
I have to say that my hype for Die hard 11 went from zero to 9 in a few seconds after that trailer. Bruce willis still has it. Maybe it is because he can act, has no hair, and was a comedian at first. This time he just needs a little less confidence. Or he actually needs to Die.

This is blasphemy. Where are those damn mods when you need them

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
AndrewWK said:
spurgeonryan said:
I do not know about Swarzy. He does not look like he has it anymore. Needs to trim those eyebrows. Why is a Austrian who probably resembles RolStoppable in a Texan town as sherrif? They would kill him before letting him become sherrif of a town that looks like the one from Thor.

Did I see the famous Russian Actor who is in every movie! Fargo to Armageddon to THE LAST STAND!

Why are you doing this to me? I thought you where an Action movie fan? And i thought you would be happy to see some old school Action. After getting raped by Watchmen and Pirates of the caribean 3

I am a fan of action movies. But did you hear his voice and see his face and body? It will be hard to deal with. Other than Nostalgic reasons no one is going to see that.

This is no different than last generations action stars. Clint Eastwood had to play the action card well into his golden years. Same with Burt Reynolds, Lee Marvin, Sean Connery, and Charles Bronson. It is hard to get a good action star. Matt Damon seems like he want a go at it and maybe Bradley Cooper as well, but it will be a while before we know for sure. Problem is that unlike most of our current gen action stars, these new guys can act as well. So we will only get the action love every once in a while.

If you guys can see The Bourne Identity or whatever it is called for cheap I would recommend it. Just not as good as the last two. Probably on par with the first one. But just barely.

I never understood how you Americans could watch Arnie in first place, I mean I am glad you did. But the german synchro is much better.

And Matt Damon is no serious Action Movie Actor. Good ones are Liam Neeson, Jason Statham, Christian Bale, Mark Whalberg and maybe Jason Momoa. But this is yet to be seen.

pezus said:
AndrewWK said:
spurgeonryan said:

I am a fan of action movies. But did you hear his voice and see his face and body? It will be hard to deal with. Other than Nostalgic reasons no one is going to see that.

This is no different than last generations action stars. Clint Eastwood had to play the action card well into his golden years. Same with Burt Reynolds, Lee Marvin, Sean Connery, and Charles Bronson. It is hard to get a good action star. Matt Damon seems like he want a go at it and maybe Bradley Cooper as well, but it will be a while before we know for sure. Problem is that unlike most of our current gen action stars, these new guys can act as well. So we will only get the action love every once in a while.

If you guys can see The Bourne Identity or whatever it is called for cheap I would recommend it. Just not as good as the last two. Probably on par with the first one. But just barely.

I never understood how you Americans could watch Arnie in first place, I mean I am glad you did. But the german synchro is much better.

And Matt Damon is no serious Action Movie Actor. Good ones are Liam Neeson, Jason Statham, Christian Bale, Mark Whalberg and maybe Jason Momoa. But this is yet to be seen.

Jeremy Renner is a rising action star. I wouldn't really classify Bale as an "Action movie" actor (or Neeson for that matter) like Statham..

Shame on me. How could I forget Commander Shepard. Yes he is a badass actor I loved him in "The Town" and "Ghost Protocoll". The only thing that bugs me, he seems so little. Just like Colin Farrell even if they are average size they seem so short.

I could have had Prometheus already today. I forgot I had to go to the dentist, always a good excuse to swing by Future shop afterwards. Now I have to wait for UPS, should be here tomorrow.

Is there a reason TDKR is listed at 34.99, awfully expensive. I'm not sure it's worth that much. The Indiana Jones collection was a bit too much too at 74.99.

The Christopher Nolan collection looks like a great deal Memento / Insomnia / Batman Begins / The Dark Knight / Inception all together for under $40. Too bad I have them all already.

I watched Prometheus. It was a bit overrated. I think you need to be a real Alien fan to be able to enjoy it. There was nothing except of people dying.

The other movie I watched recently was Pulp Fiction. That movie is just fucking unique. SLJ rules this movie. Every moment where he was in, was the next highlight in this movie. The only thing that annoyed me was Jon Travolta and Uma Thurman. But the movie was really awesome.

Around the Network
pezus said:

worst scene of this movie. Why would you post this?

pezus said:
AndrewWK said:
pezus said:

worst scene of this movie. Why would you post this?

Now I am going to watch "The Hurt Locker" I am kinda on a Jeremy Renner trip because he looks like Shepard.

spurgeonryan said:
If Tenner can keep up the pace he will be a super star! Wonder what he was doing before The Hurt Locker?

he had a few supporting roles. The first movie I rememberhim from was S.W.A.T and 28 weeks later.

The Hurt Locker was a good movie. Anthony Mackie did a better job then Renner in this one. Renner was great but I think the black guy was just a bit better.

What me bugged about this movie. We never got a resolution of Sanborns Story.

And whats wrong with Guy Pearce lately? I mean he is a great actor. But in this movie he dies in the first 10 minutes, and then in Prometheus he was there to die (which was a crappy movie after all).