By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Monster Hunter for Vita?

Monster Hunter for Vita?

A brand new title 60 25.53%

Monster Hunter 4 for both 3DS and Vita 35 14.89%

Remake of Monster Hunter 4 17 7.23%

Rerelease of Portable 3rd 56 23.83%

I don't know 33 14.04%

See results 34 14.47%

Total:235
Conegamer said:
Sal.Paradise said:
Conegamer said:
Sal.Paradise said:
What ever happened with that Play.com listing of a Vita Monster Hunter? They never said it wasn't an actual product, did they?

It no longer exsists:

http://www.play.com/Games/Games/6-/Search.html?searchstring=Monster+Hunter&searchtype=gameall&searchsource=2&searchfilters=s%7bMonster+Hunter%7d%2bc%7b362%7d%2b

Play has done this before. Probably gets them more site hits.

I know it no longer exists, they took it down because they listed the game before it was announced (or not). Thing is I don't remember either play.com or capcom saying it isn't in production.

Play.com said this:

"The product page and listing for Monster Hunter Portable 3 is genuine and has been live on Play.com since January. Following advice from Capcom and to avoid further confusion in the gaming community we have removed the Monster Hunter Portable 3 page."

"...while we make every effort to make all new games available on pre-order as soon as possible, we are committed to ensuring that we deliver these products within the mutually agreed timelines confirmed with our publishing partners."

They could just be saying that to cover their backs...I mean, it was up in January. It'll likely be June at the earliest we here. That's 6 months before it's made public. So, even if the retailers get a list of possible games to pre-order once a quarter, it wouldn't be on that list.

Fact is, they likely made a mistake and it's actually the 3DS/ PSP game, but they don't want to admit it.

I really don't think a major retailer would make up a statement from Capcom. I also don't think they'd call it genuine if it was for another system altogether. That placeholder artwork doesn't just magically appear on the site. 

I can understand why you'd say that though, as would anybody that does not want the game to come to the Vita, or has predicted otherwise based on speculation.  Of course I in turn am biased as well as I am a Sony fan, but I really don't think an impartial judgement of that quote could be that play.com fabricated a statement from one of their 'publishing partners', especially a major one like Capcom. 

Around the Network
Sal.Paradise said:
Conegamer said:
Sal.Paradise said:
Conegamer said:
Sal.Paradise said:
What ever happened with that Play.com listing of a Vita Monster Hunter? They never said it wasn't an actual product, did they?

It no longer exsists:

http://www.play.com/Games/Games/6-/Search.html?searchstring=Monster+Hunter&searchtype=gameall&searchsource=2&searchfilters=s%7bMonster+Hunter%7d%2bc%7b362%7d%2b

I know it no longer exists, they took it down because they listed the game before it was announced (or not). Thing is I don't remember either play.com or capcom saying it isn't in production.

Play.com said this:

"The product page and listing for Monster Hunter Portable 3 is genuine and has been live on Play.com since January. Following advice from Capcom and to avoid further confusion in the gaming community we have removed the Monster Hunter Portable 3 page."

"...while we make every effort to make all new games available on pre-order as soon as possible, we are committed to ensuring that we deliver these products within the mutually agreed timelines confirmed with our publishing partners."

They could just be saying that to cover their backs...I mean, it was up in January. It'll likely be June at the earliest we here. That's 6 months before it's made public. So, even if the retailers get a list of possible games to pre-order once a quarter, it wouldn't be on that list.

Fact is, they likely made a mistake and it's actually the 3DS/ PSP game, but they don't want to admit it.

I really don't think a major retailer would make up a statement from Capcom. I also don't think they'd call it genuine if it was for another system altogether. That placeholder artwork doesn't just magically appear on the site. 

I can understand why you'd say that though, as would anybody that does not want the game to come to the Vita, or has predicted otherwise based on speculation.  Of course I in turn am biased as well as I am a Sony fan, but I really don't think an impartial judgement of that quote could be that play.com fabricated a statement from one of their 'publishing partners', especially a major one like Capcom. 

I'm not saying it's fabricated. I'm saying Capcom told them to take it down because it's false, as it what they said in their press release. 

I don't get how the only leak came from play.com, 4 months ago, for a game which isn't yet even whispered to have been announced. 

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Conegamer said:
Sal.Paradise said:
Conegamer said:
Sal.Paradise said:
Conegamer said:
Sal.Paradise said:

It no longer exsists:

Play.com said this:

I'm not saying it's fabricated. I'm saying Capcom told them to take it down because it's false, as it what they said in their press release. 

I don't get how the only leak came from play.com, 4 months ago, for a game which isn't yet even whispered to have been announced. 

" I'm not saying it's fabricated. I'm saying Capcom told them to take it down because it's false "

Statement says: "The product page and listing for Monster Hunter Portable 3 is genuine "

Bit of a contradicition?

I'm also a bit perplexed at why only one site leaking the game seems strange to you, what would be more convincing, if a handful of major retailers concurrently leaked the release for an unnannounced game, against the publisher's wishes?

You're right in pointing out that it seems premature for a leak, I also think that and it is speculation in favour of the leak being false, but all other evidence I see here contradicts that. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Dragon's Dogma takes the place of what we expected Monster Hunter to be for Vita. Except I think this game will have far more worldwide appeal than MH. I would assume it will be on Vita because Capcom loves money from easy ports and I assume it will be exclusive as I doubt it will run on 3DS easily given it's scale(I know RE was MT framework but there is simply much more going on in this game than RE). It seems to have all the same MH goodness if you are a fighter but more variety and accessibility with the other classes.

They need to give the Vita it's own Monster Hunter game. I know Monster Hunter 3G is coming out for it. But why bother when it's already on the PSP and the 3DS?

Around the Network
dexterlablab1 said:
They need to give the Vita it's own Monster Hunter game. I know Monster Hunter 3G is coming out for it. But why bother when it's already on the PSP and the 3DS?

Sony's new game is strongly romoured to be just like that - the verdict so far is that it is a Demon's Soul + Monster Hunter type of game.

It'll be full revelead in May and if done well, could be big.

dexterlablab1 said:

You DON'T know that though! You're just assuming! :/

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

dexterlablab1 said:

Monster Hunter 3G isnt coming out for the Vita.

MH Portable 3 for the PSP might be ported to Vita. Its never gonna be as good a title as 3G.