By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - "Wii U MUCH more powerful than ps3/360"-THQ

Your reaction?

WHAT THE FUCK! 77 100.00%

Total:77

Might as well be true lol, going to be a next gen system isn't it?

Around the Network

LOL! The Graphics rumors are becoming ridiculous. XD One says one thing, the other says the complete opposite, and then you've got the really, really wrong people. Ohh you devs.

One day is two Wii duc-taped...

Next day is a powerful machine....

Now, it's only on par with current gen...

I know now what is exactly a Wii U:

A rollercoaster of emotions.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

A Wii U could be two Wii's duct taped together. For example, (-Wiifinity, Wii) U (Wii, Wiifinity), as you can see there is an infinite set of Wiis that can be used to power this bad boy.

Joking aside, honestly, people really need to stop ragging on Nintendo for this. Sure the company took a bit longer than usual to get to the HD era, but after the GCN performance, I can hardly blame them for switching shaking things up a bit. Truthfully, all I want, what I really really want, is an HD Wii that makes Skyward Sword look like the original Super Mario Bros.

I'm not much of a Nintendo fanboy, but all it takes to guarantee a buy from me with the Wii U are it's HD first party titles. Maybe a free online service with a premium. The tablet looks great. It's like extra content for any game on the console, if the devs take the effort to utilize it. The Wii U doesn't really need to be that much greater, in terms of power, to the PS360, it just needs the backing of key devs to make the console great. Nintendo really needs to court them so they don't cut any corners.

E3 will really tell all honestly. The devs will finally get to see what Nintendo is doing with its games and how they've decided to utilize the tablet. Once they see that they'll be like "Oh, so that's another way we can use it." Or "Alright, time to make GTA5 exclusive to the Wii U" or "Final Fantasy XIII Versus, why does it need to be on any other console but the Wii U!?"

Haha, well that last bit was somewhat of a joke. Anyways, we'll see how it pans out in the future.

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward = best game ever made.

We'll know exactly how powerful the Wii U is once Nintendo shows off some of their software for it at E3.

Anyone who is expecting 3rd party multiplatform titles that are slated for launch to be head and shoulders above the PS360 versions are barking up the wrong tree... developers are simply going to port the games and add touch screen / motion controls to them for the time being since they are pressed for time as it is meeting their target dates just for the current gen systems, and there's no guarantee the Wii U launch versions of said 3rd party games will sell well at all.

Once we get into 2013, expect 3rd parties to start taking advantage of the Wii U's extra power... if GTAV for example does in fact come out in May '13 (according to the leak), then I expect R* to have a Wii U version ready with enhanced visuals as well.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Around the Network

VGKing said:

No one expects the Wii U to be noticeably more powerful than a PS3 or Xbox 360. Those of you expecting that, you should savor this "rumor".

Well, it depends on who you're asking and what qualifies as "noticeably better".  Will the average non-gamer off the street notice a huge jump?  Maybe not.  But I think most of us that frequent forums like this probaby will:

First, the system's RAM/eDRAM advantages alone would give it better capabilities even if the hardware was otherwise identical to the current HD consoles.

Second, it's rumored to be using a highly customized AMD Radeon R700 HD GPU, released in 2008, but likely with better/optimized performance in WiiU.

Third, the CPU is supposedly based on IBM's POWER7, released in 2010.

So yeah, many of us are expecting a bit of a jump in its capabilities.

One thing to note regarding the Vigil Games interview is that Donald specifically says, "...we’re not going to being doing anything to uprez the game, but we’ll take advantage of the controller for sure."  If utilizing the controller involves displaying the game on it, it would explain why the main game's resolution remains the same as the PS360 versions.  Just my guess.

I have a feeling the wii u is going to be something like the 3DS, not extremely powerful, and will shadowed by the nextbox/PS4 in terms of graphics. It won't be as small a difference as it was between 360 and PS3.

VGKing said:
Is there a name to this "THQ Employee"?
Why did you post this dude? September 2011.......

This is a pathetic attempt on your part to do "damage control". No one expects the Wii U to be noticeably more powerful than a PS3 or Xbox 360. Those of you expecting that, you should savor this "rumor".

Depends on what you mean by "noticeably." One has to remember just how easy it would be to outpace PS360 given that their RAM bottleneck is fairly noticeable, and it would be foolish for Nintendo to utilize anything under 1 GB of RAM. Plus we know we're operating off of a circa-2010 CPU (which will then be optimized), so that Wii U won't be bleeding edge, but should have computing capabilities a fair few punches ahead of what we've expected from PS360.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:
VGKing said:

This is a pathetic attempt on your part to do "damage control". No one expects the Wii U to be noticeably more powerful than a PS3 or Xbox 360. Those of you expecting that, you should savor this "rumor".

Depends on what you mean by "noticeably." One has to remember just how easy it would be to outpace PS360 given that their RAM bottleneck is fairly noticeable, and it would be foolish for Nintendo to utilize anything under 1 GB of RAM. Plus we know we're operating off of a circa-2010 CPU (which will then be optimized), so that Wii U won't be bleeding edge, but should have computing capabilities a fair few punches ahead of what we've expected from PS360.

Copycat! 

archbrix said:
Mr Khan said:
VGKing said:

Copycat! 

What i get for quoting before i finish the thread...

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.