16gb Corsair Vengeance Ram 1600mhz

2gb Nvdia GTX 680

Asus 27inch LED Monitor

Logitech 200 watts THX speakers

Corsair 600T White Case

3TB 7200rpm SATA 3 HDD

Corsair 650watts Modular Power Supply

Around the Network

B+. Heavily held back by HDD speed. Recommend tossing on a 128GB SSD to install the system and frequently used programs onto, then use the HDD for less frequently used programs and all storage.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Very nice!

What motherboard do you have? If you have a Z68 board you can avoid what thetonestarr says using an SSD as a cache

http://www.anandtech.com/show/4329/intel-z68-chipset-smart-response-technology-ssd-caching-review/2

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:
Very nice!

What motherboard do you have? If you have a Z68 board you can avoid what thetonestarr says using an SSD as a cache

http://www.anandtech.com/show/4329/intel-z68-chipset-smart-response-technology-ssd-caching-review/2

Asus P8 Z68-V PRO/GEN3 Motherboard

yeah i am gonna do the SSD solution

thetonestarr said:

B+. Heavily held back by HDD speed. Recommend tossing on a 128GB SSD to install the system and frequently used programs onto, then use the HDD for less frequently used programs and all storage.

i don't use anything big frequently so the SSD system drive won't make much use here

I would like faster drive but for all things in my computer not jst programs

till then i might use SSD SRT solution for Z68 motherboards

Around the Network

You should really have a stronger power supply.

For me this is mid-high range pc with beast GTX 680, a plus if your board supports pci-e 3.0.. other than that your PSU is a low end part..

I would rate it : 7.5 out 10

My Trigger Happy Sixaxis controller

the 680gtx only uses like 200w of power, the cpu another 200 or so, HDD plus mother board and fans won't use more then 200w, which means your fine
corsair makes awesome PSU's so your fine.

it's a great PC but way overkill for most games.

snakenobi said:
thetonestarr said:

i don't use anything big frequently so the SSD system drive won't make much use here

I would like faster drive but for all things in my computer not jst programs

till then i might use SSD SRT solution for Z68 motherboards

First, if you have any possible reason to need the rest of the power in that system, then you 100% have a ton of use for a SSD. There is absolutely never a situation in the world in which you'd need that CPU, GPU, and RAM and not benefit massively from a SSD.

Second, regardless of what you're doing anyways, absolutely anybody and everybody's system would benefit tremendously from having a SSD.

More recently, I've not run anything much outside of WMP, Firefox, Photoshop, and Minecraft on my PC and even with just those programs, I see worlds of differences achieved by having a SSD. If you're running anything more complicated and data intensive than those programs, then I guarantee you that you're going to see massive improvements from using a SSD.

And unless you plan to be frequently organizing and reorganizing hundreds of gigabytes of videos or whathaveyou, there is absolutely zero need whatsoever to have a faster drive "for all things in your computer not just programs", so a 128GB (or MAYBE 256GB, if you expect to have a shit-ton of programs) is absolutely more than necessary. I have my system on a 64GB, and everything installs onto it, and it's still enough, so I really can't think of any reason you'd need anything bigger than a 128GB unless you're planning to be able to be a lazy unorganized piece of trash.

My system is a couple years old, but I'm running on an AMD Phenom 2 X4 quad-core 3.0GHz, 8GB RAM, 4TB of HDD space (currently about 2/3 full), and an outdated videocard that I'm working on replacing. I most certainly have a lot that's gone on in this system, and a lot that goes on outside of the SSD. But if you organize the system right, there's absolutely no reason ever that the size of the SSD would hold you back.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Mvp4eVa said:
For me this is mid-high range pc with beast GTX 680, a plus if your board supports pci-e 3.0.. other than that your PSU is a low end part..

I would rate it : 7.5 out 10

yeah my board has PCI 3.0

as for power supply

gtx 680 is 28nm so it consumes much less power and 650watts is more than enough