By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Anyone else feel that Nintendo has next gen locked up?

Who do you predict will win next gen?

Nintendo 276 50.00%

Sony 130 23.55%

Microsoft 86 15.58%

Apple 23 4.17%

Sega 36 6.52%

Total:551
man-bear-pig said:
Nope.

Consoles will be dominated by Microsoft.

Handhelds will be DOMINATED by Apple.

Apple's products are not handhelds MBP. Plain and simple, they're gadgets. They do a multiple of things (the iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch anyway) but not dedicated gaming which is what handhelds are used and designated for.

Around the Network
darkknightkryta said:
I personally feel Nintendo is walking on thin ice with their Wii U. They need it out cause they abandoned the Wii, but they also don't have a good cause to get those Call of Duty and Halo teenagers to switch over. If Nintendo can hammer out a very robust online in time for launch (Which I highly doubt as it took Sony a good 4 years to do that with PSN and Nintendo is a lot farther away compared to what PSN even launched with), then they may be off the ice. As far as handhelds go, the 3DS will sell well, but it'll be a far cry from what the DS sold. there's just too much competition in the mobile space. I personally think the next Nintendo handheld will be the last unless they turn into a phone.

Which they would never do. 

I agree with your points. Nintendo are walking on very thin ice, their fans do not want them turning into those "hardcore" companies that only come out with FPS's and such. Yet, Nintendo supposedly has to appeal to those types of people, that's where they seem to be strongly depending on the third parties to come in.

The Wii U controller is the wildcard here. I don't think it is different or accessible enough to take off like the Wii did.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

I have a feeling that the next Xbox will be the dominant home console... I mean look at the rise in popularity of the Xbox brand this generation. It's only going to grow next gen and I think many PS3 owners from this gen will switch over to the Xbox next gen.

As for handhelds, 3DS easily.

I think a lot of people are a little too optimistic with Wii U. We have to wait to see how the consumers react to it. We can't guarantee it's going to be a runaway success like the Wii.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Around the Network
Cirio said:
I have a feeling that the next Xbox will be the dominant home console... I mean look at the rise in popularity of the Xbox brand this generation. It's only going to grow next gen and I think many PS3 owners from this gen will switch over to the Xbox next gen.

As for handhelds, 3DS easily.

Now compare it to Nintendo's home console growth this generation :P

You guys bring up some valid points but I still have faith in Nintendo. The only thing that needs to be done is that the news media in USA need to give it non stop coverage during the holiday season and make it the new hot product for the holiday season (just like the Wii). The Wii "fad" lasted the entire last gen up till now. If Nintendo becomes the new must have product for the holiday season then it will take off like a rocket. Frankly, I see more opportunity for Nintendo to succeed this coming generation than the previous. Watching the demo videos on how they will implement the new controller for their games has me convinced.

Also, thanks for the awesome poll numbers. Glad to see Sega ahead of Apple.

sethnintendo said:

You guys bring up some valid points but I still have faith in Nintendo. The only thing that needs to be done is that the news media in USA need to give it non stop coverage during the holiday season and make it the new hot product for the holiday season (just like the Wii). The Wii "fad" lasted the entire last gen up till now. If Nintendo becomes the new must have product for the holiday season then it will take off like a rocket. Frankly, I see more opportunity for Nintendo to succeed this coming generation than the previous. Watching the demo videos on how they will implement the new controller for their games has me convinced.

Also, thanks for the awesome poll numbers. Glad to see Sega ahead of Apple.

Why'd you even put Apple in there?

NintendoPie said:

In case they release the Pippin 2.

sethnintendo said:
NintendoPie said:

In case they release the Pippin 2.

What's the Pippin?