By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Here's why Microsoft won't announce Xbox 3 this year

Has Microsoft made the right decision?

Yes, now would be too early 54 50.47%

No, Wii U will have a great advantage 23 21.50%

I still think it'll be announced this year 17 15.89%

See results 13 12.15%

Total:107
NNN2004 said:
Halo 4 still not released ........

And Microsoft is not about to overshadow their own main series for a new console. It would be contradictory to their usual full frontal marketing assault. This way it garantees them 2 years of a very focused campagin. Halo 4 in 2012 and Xbox 720 in 2013.

Around the Network

Too early

I can't wait to see what Microsoft has to offer for Next Gen.

I trust no one, not even myself.

Spedfrom said:
zero129 said:

No it seems it's not, and i see nothing funny or sacastic about that... Maybe you should work on it some more??.

You'd do well to remember that it is the earth that goes around the sun and not the other way around. Then again, you might not get this either. Oh well!

Most of the time when people joke like that they get reported  

But you shouldn’t expect to get away with something just because you say it was a joke afterwards lol

Even if you intended too joke some people will be offended  

It’s not like I could say “Sony sucks and they stink like rotten tomatoes” and then say haha I was joking so it’s ok and get away with it. :P

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

im sick and tired of this gen so far, the only reason and everyone knows it is becasue the cost of manufacturing both the ps3 and 360 are so low now yet they continue to sell for £200 (main systems) so both microsoft and sony are making huge profits, in the past a new system was released every 5 years now partly thanks to sony the cycle is now 10 years.

moan all you like but im gonna build my self a games rig, yeah it might cost over £700 but ill get a huge jump on the next gen graphics and get to experience gaming how it should be right now, it'll also allow me much better video edditing ect as it as a PC will do more than just games.

dont forget though inflation and other factors you will have to considder as our economy is still recovering from the biggest recession since world war 2 and as always new consoles always have a huge price tag as this hardware get ever more powerfull, expect both new consoles to have the same launch price if not more than the start of this gen, the vita is a good example and the Wii U will obviously cost more than the Wii as it's packing more hardware, i hazard a guess it'll be over £230.

Around the Network

Interesting poll results so far. Looks like approximately 50% wants the Xbox 3 to come out early despite Halo 4, Assassins Creed 3, GTA V and all other games that aren't even out yet for the 360.

Roma said:

Most of the time when people joke like that they get reported  

But you shouldn’t expect to get away with something just because you say it was a joke afterwards lol

Even if you intended too joke some people will be offended  

It’s not like I could say “Sony sucks and they stink like rotten tomatoes” and then say haha I was joking so it’s ok and get away with it. :P

Sony does suck and stink like rotten tomatoes at times! I can't abide by everything they do and/or say. But love sees no flaws, or just ignores them. It's like an abusive relationship. I get off on all the games and in turn they give me second hand shame. It's all very beautifully dark. lol

zero129 said:
Spedfrom said:

Sony does suck and stink like rotten tomatoes at times! I can't abide by everything they do and/or say. But love sees no flaws, or just ignores them. It's like an abusive relationship. I get off on all the games and in turn they give me second hand shame. It's all very beautifully dark. lol

See now you can see the sacasm xD

Why are you laughing? I still want the squashing to happen!

Wasn't there some rumor floating around that MS were going to show off a smaller, cheaper, Kinect-based console that will co-exist with the '720'?

Either way, its still going to be a ripper of an E3. The WiiU is going to surprise a lot of people. Just what the devs have been saying is enough to get you excited:

THQ: "WiiU is just alot more powerful than current HD consoles it does 1080p very easy."

Crytek: "WiiU devkits are very powerful,the specs are very good"

Vigil Games: "We had the game at the same level as high end pc version in a matter of days and a few lines of code got the game up and running on tablet in 5 mins."

Epic: "It will do things current HD consoles simply cant do its going to be a powerful box."

Valve/EA want there digital services on WiiU with EA wanting exclusivity says alot about the power with EA boss recently going to see nintendo about full specs then all of a sudden EA want exclusivity? Interesting.

Anonymous insider: "Tech demo's not possible on ps3/360."

Gpu wise its looking to be packing an ATI R770-based GPU, the same ones found in the HD4850/4870/4890. These chips are very good graphics chips. They are a couple of generations old now with the ATI 7000 series being available to, but in saying that, graphics-card technology hasn't advanced considerably in the last couple of years since the 4000 series. My computer packs a HD4890 and i have no problems even running Crysis: Warhead and Skyrim maxed out and smoothly. Console GPUs are different though, with the ancient 7800GTX in the PS3 still pumping out amazing visuals even today. An R770 chip is again, a very significant leap in power over the Ps3 chip. Dropping a 7800GTX in a PC these days won't run any thing available on the Ps3, so putting something as good as a R770-based GPU in the WiiU will see it run rings around the Ps3/360 and compete on-par with the next-generation consoles from Sony and Microsoft. People who say the WiiU is just catching up to this gen are simply ignorant or blind fanboys. The Wii competed with the 360/Ps3 and won. It had more A+ exclusives, and sold 50% more consoles. The WiiU is a next-gen console getting out the gate before the Nextbox and Ps4. Finally we're gonna have a 3-way 1080p graphically even console war.

I might be painted as a blind fanboy myself with my comment about the A+ exclusives, but the fact is if you look at the number of A+ games that are ONLY available on any single specific HD console, the list really isn't that long. So this gen i went with a gaming PC and Wii, easily got the most gaming value for my dollar, and when the price comes down further i'll grab a Ps3 and the exclusive games i missed on that.