By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Guess the game from the Screenshot

spurgeonryan said:
lestatdark said:
spurgeonryan said:

Parasite Eve?

Indeed XD

How did you know?

Because if there is one thing that I did as a teenager , I rummaged through my EGM magazine over and over again during the Late Snes, n64, and PS2 days. This game was obviously part of that, and it looked like a PS game.

You've got a great memory then xD. 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network

I really need to get around to beating this game.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

Here are some:

The_Botman said:

Here are some:

That's either Raiden I or II for PC. It was one of my favourite vertical SHMUPS for the PC until Tyrian came along and blew everything ever made XD. 

OT - I guess my number 5 will be a bit hard for anyone to guess, except maybe for adsl

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
The_Botman said:

Here are some:

That's either Raiden I or II for PC. It was one of my favourite vertical SHMUPS for the PC until Tyrian came along and blew everything ever made XD. 

OT - I guess my number 5 will be a bit hard for anyone to guess, except maybe for adsl

I don't know what game it is, but that is not Raiden. Good choice though, Raiden II is an all time favourite. 

Around the Network
Sal.Paradise said:
lestatdark said:
The_Botman said:

Here are some:

I don't know what game it is, but that is not Raiden. Good choice though, Raiden II is an all time favourite. 

Damn, you're right!!!. 

That's Raptor - Call of the shadows . How the hell did I mistake it for Raiden >_>. 

Current PC Build

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Oh man that's easy. Alundra 2. Probably amongst the worst sequels ever made. One was an amazing zelda-esque game with fantastic puzzles and well written story, the other was as a generic a RPG you could get.

Current PC Build

I just realized you can right click any photo and go to "image info" to see (in most cases) the name of the image i.e game.

Alundra 2 is a bad sequel but a very excellent stand alone game in my opinion. It's in my top ten games of all time list.

Truly underrated in my opinion. The same people who scream "change is good" for Final Fantasy sequels give this game shit for being different. The hypocrisy! *looks at lestadark*

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

hatmoza said:
I just realized you can right click any photo and go to "image info" to see (in most cases) the name of the image i.e game.

Alundra 2 is a bad sequel but a very excellent stand alone game in my opinion. It's in my top ten games of all time list.

Truly underrated in my opinion. The same people who scream "change is good" for Final Fantasy sequels give this game shit for being different. The hypocrisy! *looks at lestadark*

Please look yourself in the mirror before you call anyone a hypocrite. 

I wouldn't mind a complete change to Alundra if it was done properly. It wasn't. An excellent stand alone game? Please do tell just one thing that Alundra 2 did excellent.

The mechanics? Clumsy as hell, especially since the game is cluttered with non-sensical puzzles that boggle down exploration. Unlike Alundra's puzzles which had a meaning and were logical, Alundra 2 puzzle's are literally shit on a stick that they sold you to bear any resemblance to the name Alundra. Most of them are illogical and highly missplaced.
The visuals? Probably one of the worst in the entire PSX library. 
The story? What story?.... It's downright inexistant and the only thing worthwile is Ruby and Albert lightheartedness.
The controls? You mean the way that jumping was unresponsive as hell and that the dash locked you down in the action almost in every embarassing situation? 
The sound effects? You mean the way Flint screams like a girl whenever it gets hit or how there are sound queues out of place? 

If there's anything positive I could say about Alundra 2 is that it was one of the few RPGs from the PSX era that did VA's properly, but that's about it. 

Current PC Build