By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Analyst: Wii U won’t impact publisher shares, next-Xbox won’t be digital-only

VG247

Industry analyst Doug Creutz of Cowen and Company isn’t confident Wii U will have an impact on publisher shares when it hits the market later this year, as historically, most publishers have a “low exposure” to Nintendo platforms. He also noted in his report the firm expects the next Xbox console to launch in fall 2013, and while rumors pegging it as a digital-only machine are highly unlikely, he believes it will be less expensive at launch than previous offerings in the console line.

http://www.vg247.com/2012/03/22/analyst-wii-u-wont-impact-publisher-shares-next-xbox-wont-be-digital-only/

Around the Network

Sounds like the first sane analyst. Sad part though is that anyone could have predicted this.

i dont see why the next X-box would be digital only b/c retailers still carry PC SW, the only theory i can think of would be if MS wanted to outdo the others power wise and needed to ditch a physical drive for cost reasons

BHR3 said:
i dont see why the next X-box would be digital only b/c retailers still carry PC SW, the only theory i can think of would be if MS wanted to outdo the others power wise and needed to ditch a physical drive for cost reasons

i'll tell you what, if MS/Sony would offer a digital only version of the hardware and cut me $50 off of retail I would be all over that shit.  but yes, they must have a physical drive option or it would be suicide.

What? It won't be digital only? Seriously, even Pachter could have told us that.

Around the Network

Wii U will only impact third party sales as much as third parties want it to. If they choose another generation of lose-lose situations, it's on them, not on Nintendo.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.