By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Little terrorist or big pedophile?

The question isn't whether the child is a terrorist but whether he's being used by the parents as a convenient way to get explosives on a plane (ie. it's actually to check if the parents are terrorists). If America wants to have as high a level of security as they seem to then they can't make exceptions.

Around the Network
Rath said:
The question isn't whether the child is a terrorist but whether he's being used by the parents as a convenient way to get explosives on a plane (ie. it's actually to check if the parents are terrorists). If America wants to have as high a level of security as they seem to then they can't make exceptions.

They could have at least put him into the Rape-O-Scan. This molestation is unexceptable!

They're going through standard procedures on a child! HIT THE PANIC BUTTON!

In memory of Topless Avatars Pertaining to Hotness and Titilation (TAPTHAT).

3DS friend code: 5155 - 2983 - 3034

Gilgamesh said:
Sure its a little overkill, but it's not like it's that big of a deal. I mean it took 3 minutes of there time...common guys who cares.

All they want to do is take us to the FEMA camps, its not that big a deal. I mean I hear they have water slides and stuff... common guys who cares. 

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

kowenicki said:
PARANOID!!!

remind me... how many bomb attacks has the US sustained in the last 40 years?

and how many of those were from children on a holiday flight to florida?

that is ridiculous.

It's not paranoid so much as not bothering children on a holiday flight to florida would be seen as racism and stereotyping in the selection process.

Outside which it's not like a terrorist wouldn't use children as a decoy or weapon either.  Look at Palestine for example where there have been child suicide bombers, or "freedom fighters" in africa.

Or for that matter... the numerous babies they have been used for smuggling before.

http://www.hispanicallyspeakingnews.com/notitas-de-noticias/details/spain-busts-gang-that-hid-drugs-in-babies-diapers/12080/

Kinda shows how America centric this site is though...

get a thread on this.  So far as I can tell... no thread about the shooting at a French school.

Around the Network

I don't understand why people insist on the TSA using a "brute force" approach rather than an intelligent approach to stop terrorism. Comprehensive profiling would be able to eliminate 95% to 99% of people from being considered potential terrorists without (strictly) depending on racial profiling. Essentially, a person's age, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, education level, career, religion, ethnic background, ownership of a home, holding an insurance policy, and travel history (and many other criteria) make someone more or less likely to be a terrorist; and you should be able to accurately predict potential terrorists without depending heavily on one (or even a few) factors.

The only realistic reason I can think of for such a moronic approach by the TSA is that this is nothing more than PR. If they search grandmothers in adult diapers and children in wheelchairs it gives the impression that they're doing something without leaving them open to accusations of racism.

That tsa guy is freaking derp

The "terrorist" won pretty much, doesnt matter if we kill one of the most wanted "terrorist." They already install fear and terror into us, which was their plan all along. To let Americans know that they aren't safe in their perfect little bubble country.

That would be my responsive if I believe 9/11 was caused by terrorist, but we won't get into that.
Basically, we are all afraid so we put up with this. Also, it's the man's job. He can't make exceptions.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Millenium said:
NiKKoM said:

meh.. I think the TSA guy is pretty nice... the wheelchair must have bleeped so he is supposed to check it.. just because it's a kid it doesn't mean a parent can't plant drugs on him to take abroad.. and well old people.. they are just plain dangerous when flying.. always bringing stuff they aren't supposed to bring with them too fly..

The agent didn't beat the kid, he handled it with care and compassion, and within three minutes... what's to complain about

I have to agree with NiKKoM here, the TSA officer wasn't at all acting intimidating, aggressive, or even unfriendly.

In my opinion this is just a silly reaction from both sides, obviously the kid wasn't going to bomb anyone, but on the other hand it is the TSA officers job to check him, and he did so with all the care he could.

Another case of "being blown out of proportion" more than year after the fact (In my opinion).

Looks friendly to me.

More alarmism hereabouts, i see. We could have an effective argument about whether the TSA is financially efficient compared to available alternative methods (such as a non-race-based profiling system), but on its face, there is nothing objectionable about TSA conduct on the whole.

And yes, that kid didn't look scared at all. The only thing i was scared of as a little kid was stuff that i knew would hurt (like inoculations. Hell, i'm still kinda scared of needles, but that's aside the point), it's not like this is some life-altering trauma, and the parents are just grubbing this for a political agenda...

Really they should disallow the taking of photos and videos anywhere in the security queue, as they are only utilized to make trouble, it seems.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.