By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - N. Korea Launching new Satallite

North korea will slowly liberalize and try to become accepted into the worldwide community. Slowly.

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:
The only time North Korea will become dangerous is if A: they get a guarantee of support (which would pretty much have to come from China as the only remotely likely candidate, and even the Chinese want N. Korea to liberalize), B: They feel that US/South Korean policy has shifted from one of containment to more actively pursuing the destruction of the regime, or C: They feel their grip on the populace slipping.

North Korea is more or less technologically stagnant. One satellite will not make them more dangerous for the possible day that violence comes, and certainly marks no shift in policy.

They aren't technologically stagnant. They are half a century or more behind South Korea and the USA and other highly developed nations, but their technology is improving.

Case in point their nuclear developments, Now satalite technology.

However, their strong point isn't in the technology they hold, it's in the sheer military numbers.
If North Korea ever starts to aggressively attack anyone, then the world will probably lay down the hammer, if the North Koreans ever use Nukes... I expect the US to turn North Korea into a giant parking lot.
The scary part with North Korea is if China backs them, China has the mass production and the technology to significantly bolster North Korea's military strength very quickly. - However that is highly unlikely, China has always aggressively pursued peace with the nations in it's area of influence to maintain stability. - I doubt that would change any time soon.
Plus, you have South Korea, Japan, Australia, Eurozone, Canada, United Kingdom and the United states as the counter-balance to such a threat, so with that in mind any conflict seems highly unlikely at this stage.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

NintendoPie said:
Wh1pL4shL1ve_007 said:
NintendoPie said:
Wh1pL4shL1ve_007 said:
Homefront!!!! AHHHHH!!!

Calm down, we are a peaceful people.

SHUT UP!!! I BET YOURE ONE OF THEM!!!! JUST SHUT UP!!!

You're now being tracked. You shall be terminated.

Gasp! The North koreans has stealthly hacked in to vgchartz.com database. THEY'RE ERASING THE WORDS OF THE SKEPTICAL ONE!!!! 

CONSPIRACY MODE 100%!!!!!!!!

Yay!!!

Wh1pL4shL1ve_007 said:
NintendoPie said:
Wh1pL4shL1ve_007 said:
NintendoPie said:
Wh1pL4shL1ve_007 said:
Homefront!!!! AHHHHH!!!

Gasp! The North koreans has stealthly hacked in to vgchartz.com database. THEY'RE ERASING THE WORDS OF THE SKEPTICAL ONE!!!! 

CONSPIRACY MODE 100%!!!!

4Q345837Z3231Wh1pl4shl1ve_0074Q40943923D23923 - Currently Tracking your Location -

NintendoPie said:
Wh1pL4shL1ve_007 said:
NintendoPie said:
Wh1pL4shL1ve_007 said:
NintendoPie said:
Wh1pL4shL1ve_007 said:
Homefront!!!! AHHHHH!!!

CONSPIRACY MODE 100%!!!!

4Q345837Z3231Wh1pl4shl1ve_0074Q40943923D23923 - Currently Tracking your Location -

OMFG! AHHHH I STILL HAVE 68 things on Bucket List!! PLEASE DONT!!! AHHHHHH!!!

PARANOIA MODE ENGAGED*

Yay!!!

Around the Network
Wh1pL4shL1ve_007 said:

OMFG! AHHHH I'm looking forward to doing the 68 things on my Bucket List!! PLEASE DONT!!! AHHHHHH!!!

PARANOIA MODE ENGAGED*

Well, we hope you'll be able to do the happily, have a great time.

Target obtained.

The ability to successfully deploy a satellite in orbit is a step towards producing an ICBM, whether that's the intended purpose or not. From there the key issue is the miniaturization of a nuclear warhead after which the DPRK essentially has a globally deployable nuclear weapon.

With enough weapons grade fissile material for an estimated 8-12 warheads, it hardly creates any sort of parity among other nuclear armed states, but it would still be considered an alarming, globally destabilizing development.