By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Montana's Message To The Community

SmokedHostage said:
I've been polarized about you for the longest Hatchet, but I can sternly say that this is your best post to date.

That's all I'm going to say before I say something less than flattering.

PM it to me if you'd like.

Around the Network
morenoingrato said:

What this site needs, and I've been insisting this for a while now, is a more strict moderation system that prevents even slight bait or intention trolling.

That could be a crash course though. I understand where you are coming from and it sounds quite good when put down on paper but people can twist this easily to their advantage. Something might be viewed as bait yet the poster never meant it to be that way. Your idea sounds good but when put into action it could be very destructive.

isn't every new system trolled to death?

I think its fun to throw a fun image ever now and then just to lighten up the mood a bit

I admit that I have trolled a bit the last couple of months but that more of revenge then anything els and yes that is childish but sometimes the child in me takes over and I can't help it

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Maybe I should try harder to post something meaningfull and not just spam in my favourite threads... or if I feel like being an ass... At least I am trying to contribute something lately, but i always end up complaining somehow^^

Two things.

Don't make it so easy to join Vg Chartz or get certain requirements to post. Kinda like we got already how you need to post 100 times to make a thread. Maybe get more strict on that.

And when this "new" VG Chartz comes can we please keep it the same for more then a year!

Around the Network

One thing I've noticed is that it's difficult to create a successful gaming thread. Most of the more popular threads are childishly provocative in nature. The closest I've seen to a popular meaningful thread is those where the posters take part in peaceful debates. They are rare, but they do exist.

It just appears to me that people don't really care much to talk about games anymore. There are multiple threads in existence where there is decent discussion but most of them are short-lived, and the ones that do see high success are rare. It looks like people just want to argue, and not in the good way, for the most part.

I will say that I've tried contributing to the off-topic section. I've recently created some fairly successful off-topic threads. Some of which have even reached 100 posts. I hope that helps.

Gilgamesh said:

Two things.

Don't make it so easy to join Vg Chartz or get certain requirements to post. Kinda like we got already how you need to post 100 times to make a thread. Maybe get more strict on that.

And when this "new" VG Chartz comes can we please keep it the same for more then a year!

So you make a thread pointing out our member usage is dropping... then a few minutes later come in here and say we need to make it harder for new members to join or post?

TadpoleJackson said:
Gilgamesh said:

Two things.

So you make a thread pointing out our member usage is dropping... then a few minutes later come in here and say we need to make it harder for new members to join or post?

Haven't you ever watched Southpark when cartman buys a theme park?

What do people want the most? Something they can't have. You let people know hey VG Chartz is tough to get into or to post so it must be pretty cool to only let exclusive people in/posting, then when they get in they value there account more and instead of risking there account banned with troll post they'll actually post something good.

It's genius.

I have to agree with Really Old Lady that trolling is an important ingredient for the thread to grow big

I sometimes hope a troll comes and trolls my threads just so I get a bigger one.

why is trolling a bigger thing now that the Vita is being trolled?

not saying I am a supporter of trolls though so don't get me wrong

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Roma said:
I have to agree with Really Old Lady that trolling is an important ingredient for the thread to grow big

I sometimes hope a troll comes and trolls my threads just so I get a bigger one.

why is trolling a bigger thing now that the Vita is being trolled?

not saying I am a supporter of trolls though so don't get me wrong

I see what you did there! You smart Roma, you!