By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Woah, over 700 people working on Epic Mickey 2

uhh over 700???? WHAT!? 700!?

Around the Network
MadeInDK said:
http://www.gamesradar.com/epic-mickey-2-accidentally-revealed-disney-planned-360-ps3-and-wii/

hm was hopping for a wii-u exklusive..

I think the 700 number killed any doubt of it not being multiplat. 

Pffft. GTAV and AC series has hit over 1000.

4 ≈ One

Dgc1808 said:
Pffft. GTAV and AC series has hit over 1000.

Link?

Last Assassin's game had 400-500 I doubt they more than doubled that. GTA IV had 1000 people including the full marketing, photographing NYC, music production, and leagal department etc over 4 years not at the same time (in fact the actual dev team was estimated at 150), the Epic Mickey quote implies that there are 700 people working on the game at one time even if that inludes marketing etc that is still a GTA IV level videogame production for a 3D platformer, making it one of the most expensive games of all time. 

Assuming the average wage is arround $73k pa (the last estimate I could find, ti's a bit old and most of the devs will be in China/Mexico etc so get payed less on average so should balance out) that is a $102,200,000 budget just for wages, if this is accurate 

As Disney will be publishing that is $27 towords the dev budget which means they will need to sell ~4 million copies at full price before they can start paying for the marketing etc.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Interesting, that's a lot of people for one game.

Around the Network

Cant wait for some footage of the game. Day one for me since i love plattformers and the pS3 have to less jump and runs.

Epic Mickey was one of the biggest disappointments of that year. I hope they took all criticisms at heart and don't make the same mistakes.