By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Just got World of Worldcraft..........

horde are all fugly...besides blood elves and they all look like fairies =).

GNOMES ARE THE RULEST!

Around the Network

Got WoW?

Good

Now throw it away, seriously.

Flow -"The important is to pwn other ppl"

naznatips said:
Oh, and if your guild was anything like mine, you might as well join the military if you are going to join a raiding guild. I was the class leader of the Shamans, so I would be given orders over Vent, and bark orders to my "troops" over vent in turn. Everything would be done with precision. If you make a mistake, you were basically dishonorably discharged. Raiding spots were competitive. If you went out for a drink with some friends one Friday night, guess what? Your spot may be gone for good when you get back. Ugh, so many horrible memories among the good ones...

That's the way any successful guild in that game runs. I know a few people who got into the game pretty hard, though I was always more casual.

I signed off for the last time over a year ago and haven't looked back. MMOs are time sinks that can ruin someone's life if they have an addictive personality. Luckily, while I have an addictive personality, it doesn't translate to video games. I'm pretty good about logging off when I need to, though SWG and WoW pushed my limits at times (all-night sessions 'til 6am when I needed to be at work at 8 or 9 that morning, skipping work to play, etc.).

Meh, I won't touch MMOs anymore. I think there's too much harm for the fun they bring me.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Oh no... We lost another one. I played WoW for two weeks and loved it, but after that I erased it and have not played it since, not am I planning too. Age of Conan FTW!
I think I'm immune to addiction (seriously), I don't think I've ever been addicted to anything in my life except oxygen, that is...

This has happened to me with all blizzard games, wow no exception. I used to play diablo2 10 hours a night when I was in high school. Same thing with Starcraft, I'd play on Battle net all day. Then when WoW came out I bought it at launch. Played /quit /played /quite /played/ quit. I'm like a recovering addict who keeps slipping. When Starcraft 2 comes out I'll probably become an addict to that.

Around the Network
jv103 said:
This has happened to me with all blizzard games, wow no exception. I used to play diablo2 10 hours a night when I was in high school. Same thing with Starcraft, I'd play on Battle net all day. Then when WoW came out I bought it at launch. Played /quit /played /quite /played/ quit. I'm like a recovering addict who keeps slipping. When Starcraft 2 comes out I'll probably become an addict to that.

Oh no, Diablo 2... With the accumulated hours I've spent on that game, I could probably clear out ground zero on Manhattan on my own.

I Solved my MMO addition

i got my wife hooked too...

now 5-6 days a week we play wow together....

rocketpig said:
naznatips said:
Oh, and if your guild was anything like mine, you might as well join the military if you are going to join a raiding guild. I was the class leader of the Shamans, so I would be given orders over Vent, and bark orders to my "troops" over vent in turn. Everything would be done with precision. If you make a mistake, you were basically dishonorably discharged. Raiding spots were competitive. If you went out for a drink with some friends one Friday night, guess what? Your spot may be gone for good when you get back. Ugh, so many horrible memories among the good ones...

That's the way any successful guild in that game runs. I know a few people who got into the game pretty hard, though I was always more casual.

I signed off for the last time over a year ago and haven't looked back. MMOs are time sinks that can ruin someone's life if they have an addictive personality. Luckily, while I have an addictive personality, it doesn't translate to video games. I'm pretty good about logging off when I need to, though SWG and WoW pushed my limits at times (all-night sessions 'til 6am when I needed to be at work at 8 or 9 that morning, skipping work to play, etc.).

Meh, I won't touch MMOs anymore. I think there's too much harm for the fun they bring me.

well.. u could say i have an addictive personality (with videogames)... but the truth is that im in the next level.. kind of a fanaticism psycho gamer.

Thats why i will never ever.. ever try to play this game :p

ssj12 said:
Rath said:
Seriously MMO's are bad for your life.

I played RS for ~5 years, 2001-2006, although I managed to keep some semblance of life during those years my life has undoubtably improved since I quit.
WoW is even worse than that. I know a person who spent literally ~19 hours per day playing WoW. It shouldn't be possible =$

you played Runescape that long.. how could you handle the torcher of the bad graphics and gameplay?

anyways. Weezy everyone is truly looking out for you. Honestly Id say get addicted to something else like crack or pot. Its safer.

I was addicted to FFXI. Leveling up a character to level 10 is equal to what it takes to level to level 20 in WoW. My character after I quit was level 99 Red Mage (Maxed Experience), Level 49 Summoner, and level 24 warrior. In FFXI you can have up to 3 jobs per-character and summoner is the HARDEST one to obtain as the red crystal needed to all you to become oen is rare as hell. I also killed all 12 legendary dragons, had the best armor, etc, etc. The game literally took away my life for 3 years. All this is before the 3rd expansion was released. My account as of now has been deleted off of Square's servers to never be activated again. Thank God.

DO NOT GET INTO MMORPGS THEY KILL YOUR SOCIAL LIFE AS WELL AS DESTROYS YOU.

I doubt you played ffxi, as there is no level 99, 75 is the max. You can have as many jobs as you want on a character, also there are no such things as "legendary dragons".

I have actually played ffxi for quite a few years, as long as you don't have an addictive personality then you shouldn't have too many problems. I don't have any vices and I made it through many years of ffxi without any problems, though I did lose sleep sometimes. :P

As long as you play the game to have fun rather than to become the best at everything, and overall just enjoy what you're doing, you'll be fine.

As in go buy us some coffee.

http://speedhunters.com

These MMOs are too addictive. My 'friend' had a prior engagement with a raid rather than come out and have drinks for my 30th birthday. I'm never going near warcraft as it'd probably suck me in too.