By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I love the Wii doubters

reload92 said:
The Wii's lifetime sells WILL NOT outsell the PS2's lifetime sales, or the PS3's for that matter. Quote me I dare you.

i see your quote and i raise you a lmfao.

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
FishyJoe said:
It took years before 'professionals' decided that Apple was for real and the iPod wasn't a fleeting fad. If I only had a dollar for every time somebody said the iPod was inferior to some other music player and eventually Apple would be unable to keep selling iPods at a huge profit.

See i said the ipod was inferior to some other music players (pretty much all.) but never said the better ones would outsell it.

The problem is people look to much to value instead of looking at perceived value and market momentum.

This ties precisely into what I was saying: the difference in "value" and "percieved value" is entirely in the sleek interface and ease of use. 

The people who are tied up with "value" are usually concerned with how powerful the technology is, and that is, at this point, a side factor. The most important thing is that people find it easy and comfortable to use.

To me, the victory of MP3 player's is the ultimate lesson that somehow some people still haven't gotten; MP3 files are actually a downgrade in audio quality from CDs. Not even "marginal upgrade" but downgrade. However, the added convenience (doesn't skip, doesn't break when falling, much easier to carry while exercising or moving around) and the extremely intuitive interface of the iPod allowed it to eat up the market. 

I want people to imagine that situation with games; what if the Wii wasn't the Gamecube 2.5, but was instead the Gamecube 0.5? And it still dominated the market? Because that's precisely what happened with music devices, and by comparison, the Wii's dominance was practically inevitable.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

reload92 said:
The Wii's lifetime sells WILL NOT outsell the PS2's lifetime sales, or the PS3's for that matter. Quote me I dare you.

The Wii will sell at least 10 M units per year the next 6 years (this is a minimum) take to account that the Wii hasn´t spiked yet and not met demand yet so it will probably sell another 20 M this year and next that alone will put it closely to PS2 lifetime sales and if it sells more then 10 M per year (which i think is inevetable) then it´s highly probable that it will not only pass but kill PS 2 record.

You can quote me on that.

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

and?

I love the Wii lovers who continually make threads aimed at the rest of their kin to make themselves feel better and toot their own horn.

Was this thread really necessary?

I have all 3 consoles and I love all 3 consoles.

Wii-Doubters can hate the console, but please don't hate the truth (sales).

Reasons because it is the top selling console and fanboys know that the Xbox 360 and PS3 will never take the trophy from the Nintendo Wii.

Around the Network
Stats87 said:
and?

I love the Wii lovers who continually make threads aimed at the rest of their kin to make themselves feel better and toot their own horn.

Was this thread really necessary?

If this thread didn't exist would you have told us about your love for certain Wii lovers? It's nice to see you participating in the love fest. Welcome.

I hate to add fuel to the fire, but I have Aunts asking me if I can find a Wii for them and all I can tell them is I haven't seen one in a store since I got mine at launch.

That and when I'm in Best Buy the employee's complaining about people asking for Wii's while they are restocking shelves.

totalwar23 said:
Hey they have a point, right? When Nintendo releases the next console in 5 years and Sony continues with its 10 year plan, the analysts will say "See, we were right. The Wii is a fad."

Sony plans to release a console in 5 years as well d00d. They're hoping for a 10 year plan in the same way that the PSX and PS2 had 10 year plans.

While the PSX basically lasted 10 years, and the PS2 looks like it will, I doubt the PS3 can. That's because Sony will bring the PS4 onto the market at a drastically lower cost to themselves. They don't want to repeat their pricing mistake, and they don't want to take huge losses per unit again like they did with the PS3. So I believe that the PS3 will still be fairly costly to produce when Sony brings the PS4 on the market, and while it may make sense for them to have it be PS3 backward compatible, it will probably make financial sense for them to phase out the PS3.

Unless, of course, they bring the PS4 on the market at a similar cost to themselves per unit as they did with the PS3.  There is no magic bullet for reducing costs, and there are times when it makes sense to replace old technology because it can cost more to produce than new technology. 

TheBigFatJ said:
totalwar23 said:
Hey they have a point, right? When Nintendo releases the next console in 5 years and Sony continues with its 10 year plan, the analysts will say "See, we were right. The Wii is a fad."

Sony plans to release a console in 5 years as well d00d. They're hoping for a 10 year plan in the same way that the PSX and PS2 had 10 year plans.

While the PSX basically lasted 10 years, and the PS2 looks like it will, I doubt the PS3 can. That's because Sony will bring the PS4 onto the market at a drastically lower cost to themselves. They don't want to repeat their pricing mistake, and they don't want to take huge losses per unit again like they did with the PS3. So I believe that the PS3 will still be fairly costly to produce when Sony brings the PS4 on the market, and while it may make sense for them to have it be PS3 backward compatible, it will probably make financial sense for them to phase out the PS3.

Unless, of course, they bring the PS4 on the market at a similar cost to themselves per unit as they did with the PS3.

Do i have to say what I've already said. Again!

totalwar23 said:
TheBigFatJ said:
totalwar23 said:

Unless, of course, they bring the PS4 on the market at a similar cost to themselves per unit as they did with the PS3.

Do i have to say what I've already said. Again!

Ah, well, I also was being sarcastic.  So...