By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Stupidest '08 Predictions yet

WTF?  Why are they using a "DS concept art" picture from 2004?! What reason could anyone have for doing such an idiotic thing!?  Does the author not know what a DS looks like?!  (OK, calm down, deep breaths...)

By the way, the caption is,
"Nintendo's Wii Lineup Features Classic Revivals and New IPs
"Unable to release a new Mario, Zelda and Metroid in time for the holidays, Nintendo will delight its fans with sequels to its other franchises, most likely Star Fox, F-Zero, Animal Crossing and/or Kid Icarus. In addition, it will launch new franchises to further expand its portfolio; maybe an offshoot of Metroid would fill the need for new experiences."

Also: 
"Xbox 360 + HD DVD Drive Makes New Xbox 360 HD DVD Edition
"Prompted by Toshiba's and the HD DVD movie studios' need to challenge Sony's Blu-ray, Microsoft will release a new version of Xbox 360 with the HD DVD drive as the default and only optical drive. Finally, Xbox 360 will have a pound-for-pound contender to what is quickly becoming a major selling point of the PS3."

(A) it's a sinking ship and (B) HD-DVD is AFAIK not nearly as important to MS as Blu-ray is to Sony.  This prediction is far from impossible, but I just don't see the motivation. 

Regarding earlier posts:  Galaxy will not have a sequel, but if it does, 2010 at the earliest. 

Super Mario:  A Space Odyssey.  (kidding)

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network

This is written by a totalt retard. Ignore and move on.

Mario Galaxy sequel??

Nah.
The next REAL Mario game will be in the next console.

GC had SM Sunshine.
N64 had SM 64
SNES SM World.

PSaiki said:
Mario Galaxy sequel??

Nah.
The next REAL Mario game will be in the next console.

GC had SM Sunshine.
N64 had SM 64
SNES SM World.

I believe so too, it's almost always the case with the core series of Mario. Do expect dozens of Mario spin-off's though...

So lets see: Nintendo revives old franchises and launches new IP's... So they're predicting that Nintendo will make games?

I also like "EA buys Sega and Atari" At least on this one they tried to predict who, as if they just said "EA buys major company" would be like saying " It will rain at some point"

And yeah, they're Wii predictions are goofy.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Around the Network

Don't forget that Iwata mentioned a big new IP for 2008...........

Wii Code: 4819-7684-2396-4558

BenKenobi88 said:
Super Mario Galaxy II? wtf? Nintendo's gonna stick with one Mario game...astronomical sales does not equate to SEQUEL with Nintendo. It does equate with more Mario spinoffs I'm sure.
NSMB II would be very nice, though. 

currently playing: Desktop Tower Defense (PC), Puzzle Quest (DS), Trauma Center New Blood (Wii), Guitar Hero III (Wii), Ghost Squad (Wii), Actraiser (SNES), Donkey Kong County (SNES), The Legend of Zelda (NES), Kirby's Adventure (NES)

will play next: Paper Mario (N64), Golden Axe II (Sega), NiGHTS (Wii)

Join the Ron Paul RLOVEution, support Ron Paul for president in the 2008 Republican presidential primary! http://www.ronpaul2008.com

This has to be a joke
"WiiFit Sells 400k Units; $180 Price Point"... even though the 8800 yen price point is the equivalent of around US$75?

I predict that EA will buy a developer this year... I'm good.

Mummelmann said:
I predict that EA will buy a developer this year... I'm good.

Tell me more. Share your wisdom!

What do you think, will Square release a remake of one of their old RPGs? 

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.