By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Report – Phil Harrison to join Microsoft as head of European Games Studios

Haven't heard that name in a while, he really was not in the spotlight much with Atari, if he even lasted long there at all.

I thought he had a great vision and was the big factor behind getting LittleBigPlanet on PS3 , but he wasn't different from the rest of Sony executives at the time. Meaning he seemed fanboyish and overestimated PS3's capabilities on almost every corner.

Could be a good fit with Microsoft though, definitely can't blame them for giving him a shot, hope it works out for everyone.

Around the Network
Aj_habfan said:
Haven't heard that name in a while, he really was not in the spotlight much with Atari, if he even lasted long there at all.

I thought he had a great vision and was the big factor behind getting LittleBigPlanet on PS3 , but he wasn't different from the rest of Sony executives at the time. Meaning he seemed fanboyish and overestimated PS3's capabilities on almost every corner.

Could be a good fit with Microsoft though, definitely can't blame them for giving him a shot, hope it works out for everyone.

he was atari from 2008-2010 and then left for that gaikai and now the rest is history

very fast turn speed,some peoples

I've always liked Phil Harrison. Replacing Molyneux with Phil is a big win for Microsoft, in my opinion. He has a good eye for successful projects and a good vision of where the industry is heading.  Although he doesn't have the pure creativity a mind like Molyneux enjoys, so we won't be seeing anything like Fable or Black & White come directly from the man.

Microsoft could use someone behind Sony's first party. He'll help out by leaps and bounds compared to how Microsoft is doing now and give the console more core appeal. Microsoft just has the easy job of marketing it. Not a hard job at all. He may not be the best person in the world to get, but as far as games are concerned he's better than most at Microsoft. I hope he helps put teams together who can develop chart toppers and find hot potential acquisitions, beacause Silicon Knights, Lionhead, Rare, Bizarre, Ensemble...well...we all know whats been going on...or what was of them. I say give him a chance if hes there for Microsofts best interest.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Microsoft could use someone behind Sony's first party. He'll help out by leaps and bounds compared to how Microsoft is doing now and give the console more core appeal. Microsoft just has the easy job of marketing it. Not a hard job at all. He may not be the best person in the world to get, but as far as games are concerned he's better than most at Microsoft. I hope he helps put teams together who can develop chart toppers and find hot potential acquisitions, beacause Silicon Knights, Lionhead, Rare, Bizarre, Ensemble...well...we all know whats been going on...or what was of them. I say give him a chance if hes there for Microsofts best interest.

cant believe im saying this , but' nice paragraph stage ,

... :( i just want microsoft to buy remedy is that so hard to ask

Hope this guy have some ideas for New Ips and they should open new studios in Europe.

epicberserk said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

cant believe im saying this , but' nice paragraph stage ,

... :( i just want microsoft to buy remedy is that so hard to ask

Thanks. Am I really that bad? I think I am just misunderstood, because I vent out of frustration from Microsofts "gaming" decisions (which in the past three years haven't been good for gamers). If they make a good choice, i will applaud them on it. This is one of those times.

Argh_College said:
Hope this guy have some ideas for New Ips and they should open new studios in Europe.

having the ideas won't be his job, but discovering the potential in ideas the studios bring him and backing risky projects should be