By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Quick psp question

About 2 months ago i bought the new psp slim. I actually found it to be a big improvement over the original psp in terms of the feel of it while playing. Well, my problem is that  i came home today to find that my sister's dog had chewed up my battery charger cable. Now i still have my original psp and the charger for it, so i'm wondering if i can use the charger from my old psp to charge my new slim psp. Thanks for the help.

Around the Network

I don't see why not. I'm not sure what the PSP slim's charger looks like, but I think you can.

Stick it in and see if charges? There shouldn't be problem I would think, if you can use the original battery on the slim model then I'm sure you can use the same charger if it fits.

Kingdom Hearts 3 Bet: If Kingdom Hearts 3 becomes a multiplaform title/is not Wii exclusive then I will be banished from this land for 1 week and sing my praises to those who have proved themselves to be more intelligent than I.http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/RDBRaptor/rdbraptor_sig16.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">
My Anime List

Yeah you can, if i remember correctly its the same charger :D

thanks everyone. I didn't want to plug it in and then somehow fry it. That would suck monkey balls, lol.

Around the Network

Try and see.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

yea you can dude.

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M

Yes, the PSP Slim uses the same amount of power as the original. It's just thinner and lighter than the original.

The power adapters between these two models should be identical. I thought PSP Slim can also be charged through USB cable, is that right?

It (PS3's market share) might hit 30%, but definently not more. ~ Neo

Flaming (Calling another user (any user) a fanboy is flaming.) ~ Machina-AX

Yup it's the same plug same power, same everything, no problem there.