By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - VGChartz's Official My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic thread!

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

lol what spurge

And I laughed hard at that comic.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

New episode's out.

I'm torn. On the one hand, Daring Do! On the other hand... Dash doesn't need her ego inflated any more.

- So Daring Do is real. Does this mean we get more of her? Because that is acceptable.

- I think Daring Do is the one who learned the actual valuable lesson here. Maybe if someone other than Dash had learned not to put someone up on a pedestal and "forget how awesome I am" it would have been okay, but... I mean, she's arrogant enough already. Let's not reinforce that.

- Pinkie Pie's little dance with the ring was perfect.

- Twilight and Dash arguing was hilarious, because I've been in situations like that.

- Why were the mane 6 there? They didn't need to be. It could have just been Dash and with a very small amount of rewriting, it would have worked just fine.

- Dash = brony fandom during offseason

- DARING DO SPINOFF, PLZ

Overall, not bad, not great. Not as enjoyable as last week's episode, but hey; I do like Daring Do.

insomniac17 said:

New episode's out.

I'm torn. On the one hand, Daring Do! On the other hand... Dash doesn't need her ego inflated any more.

- So Daring Do is real. Does this mean we get more of her? Because that is acceptable.

- I think Daring Do is the one who learned the actual valuable lesson here. Maybe if someone other than Dash had learned not to put someone up on a pedestal and "forget how awesome I am" it would have been okay, but... I mean, she's arrogant enough already. Let's not reinforce that.

- Pinkie Pie's little dance with the ring was perfect.

- Twilight and Dash arguing was hilarious, because I've been in situations like that.

- Why were the mane 6 there? They didn't need to be. It could have just been Dash and with a very small amount of rewriting, it would have worked just fine.

- Dash = brony fandom during offseason

- DARING DO SPINOFF, PLZ

Overall, not bad, not great. Not as enjoyable as last week's episode, but hey; I do like Daring Do.

I'm torn on Daring Do and her foes being defictionalized in-universe. It adds some diversity to the world-mythos (everything magic that's important isn't just in Equestria), but it feels a bit forced to defictionalize her since she was clearly meant to be an analogue of Rainbow Dash back in "Read it and Weep". I agree that they didn't need to drag the other 4 along, it would have run more perfectly as a Twilight-Dash story, and was pretty cool with their dual fangirling. More Flutterdash openings are also welcome

There was a little bit of nonsense. Why would they just stand by watching while the item was stolen? The thief practically walked right past them. I had thought that there was more nonsense: Why didn't Daring Do just fly away after recovering it? But I guess there is a good enough explanation for that.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network

Just saw the new episode. Full disclaimer; I'm sick.

It was pretty dull. My impressions of it are about on par with Games Ponies Play, which was so awful I couldn't even finish it, and made me seriously reconsider whether to even bother with S4 at all.

Maybe everyone loves Scootaloo more than I do; I never really understood the obsession in the fandom over her. Also, the song was weird. Hearts as strong as horses? What? I mean, some of the other songs have some bad lyrics, but... what?

Still waiting for another episode on par with Castle-Mania. I really enjoyed that one.

On the episode: disappointed they dodged the obvious issue. Would have made for an ambitous piece of children's television. Wow the song was bad.

I agree this one was weak. CMC-centric episodes are very much a risky quantity, and this one fell on the bad end of things. If they were going to talk about Scootaloo's non-flying, they needed to drag it out front and center and really run it up for drama (in a child-appropriate way of course, in the vein of many a Very Special Episode), that Scootaloo is handicapped and that's okay, which is what this episode more or less said without saying it, making it rather wishy-washy and fully forgettable.

New episode's up.

It was really fun. Pretty silly and light-hearted.

The Good:

- The moral actually fit very well in the episode, and didn't feel forced. Maybe because they spat it out in just a few seconds and moved on.
- The return of the old castle. Obviously it's going to play an important role in this season, and I look forward to seeing why.
- Comic book theme. This was a really great idea, and the powers fit the ponies really well. Also, it let them make a really over the top and silly villain. She's like the bastard child of Doc Ock and Spiderman (with the Joker's personality).

The Bad:

- We get it. The sidekick is useless. Blah. I wonder what the moral will be?
- While the episode was a fun ride, it was pretty much just that. There was too much there to make a well paced story that would fit in the time avaliable.

The ???:

- So... when do we get some progress on the box from the season premiere?
- Did Luna and Celestia give that castle to Twilight? Or know that she is rebuilding it? 'Cause, it seems like there's some dangerous stuff in there that they might want to mention.
- Speaking of, it's in the Everfree forest. You know, the forest that everyone is terrified of because it has its own weather patterns and scary monsters. And Zecora. Is Twilight planning on living there? Because if so, that library must be pretty damn good...

Overall, this episode was a lot of fun and significantly better than the last episode.

I liked this episode a lot. Received massive hate from elsewhere though?