By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will 360/PS3 catch the Wii in lifetime sales?

Will Wii stay ahead?

Yes, you must be crazy to think otherwise! 86 41.95%

Maybe, could go either way 38 18.54%

No, only 360 will catch up with it 16 7.80%

No, only PS3 will catch up with it 35 17.07%

No, both PS3 and 360 will catch up with it 30 14.63%

Total:205
Jay520 said:
Pyro as Bill said:
Jay520 said:
Pyro as Bill said:
Jay520 said:
a
Pyro as Bill said:

With the correct software they could. CoD saved them this gen.

People still look through their console glasses instead of their software glasses. This gen more than any should have changed that.

edit: said software would probably have to be bigger than Wii Sports and Wii Fit combined.

CoD saved them from what?

CoD saved them from insignificance.

Without CoD, 360 and PS3(moreso) lose all their system sellig games. Without system sellers you don' sell consoles. Even the N64 had Goldeneye.

Alright. Just wanted to clarify what you were trying to say.

So, the only system selling games on the PS360 were CoD?

*checks list of best-selling games for PS360*

...seems legit.

I see CoD in the same way as Goldeneye for the N64.

I'm not saying Mario 64 and Ocarina are crap, I'm just saying Goldeneye saved the N64 from insignficance. Obviously last gen leftovers like GTA, Halo and GT play a part but only by staying relevant instead of breaking new ground.

What do you mean by 'insignificance'. If you mean in terms of sales, then I don't know why you're describing the N64 & PS360 with the same word. PS360 without CoD would have been alot more 'significant' than the N64 without Goldeneye.

EDIT: Oh, and Halo & GTA both broke into new ground

I'm sure Halo and GTA broke new ground but they sold because of last gen, not anything they did this gen.

Pre-CoD, PS3/360 sold because the Wii sold. Wii got people gaming, PS3/360 offered big budget/high-end gaming, CoD being the prime example. Without the Wii, I don't believe the 360/PS3 would have sold as much. Just as the PSP lived off the DS success.

Nintendo got people back into gaming such that they bought extra consoles/more gaming.

How many PSP owners have never played/owned/had access to a DS? How many 360/PS3 owners never owned/had access to a Wii?

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Around the Network
Pyro as Bill said:
Jay520 said:
Pyro as Bill said:
Jay520 said:
Pyro as Bill said:
Jay520 said:
a
Pyro as Bill said:

With the correct software they could. CoD saved them this gen.

People still look through their console glasses instead of their software glasses. This gen more than any should have changed that.

edit: said software would probably have to be bigger than Wii Sports and Wii Fit combined.

CoD saved them from what?

CoD saved them from insignificance.

Without CoD, 360 and PS3(moreso) lose all their system sellig games. Without system sellers you don' sell consoles. Even the N64 had Goldeneye.

Alright. Just wanted to clarify what you were trying to say.

So, the only system selling games on the PS360 were CoD?

*checks list of best-selling games for PS360*

...seems legit.

I see CoD in the same way as Goldeneye for the N64.

I'm not saying Mario 64 and Ocarina are crap, I'm just saying Goldeneye saved the N64 from insignficance. Obviously last gen leftovers like GTA, Halo and GT play a part but only by staying relevant instead of breaking new ground.

What do you mean by 'insignificance'. If you mean in terms of sales, then I don't know why you're describing the N64 & PS360 with the same word. PS360 without CoD would have been alot more 'significant' than the N64 without Goldeneye.

EDIT: Oh, and Halo & GTA both broke into new ground

I'm sure Halo and GTA broke new ground but they sold because of last gen, not anything they did this gen.

Pre-CoD, PS3/360 sold because the Wii sold. Wii got people gaming, PS3/360 offered big budget/high-end gaming, CoD being the prime example. Without the Wii, I don't believe the 360/PS3 would have sold as much. Just as the PSP lived off the DS success.

Nintendo got people back into gaming such that they bought extra consoles/more gaming.

How many PSP owners have never played/owned/had access to a DS? How many 360/PS3 owners never owned/had access to a Wii?

You know what, that's probably the most ingenious thing I've read all year. Have you thought about making a thread on it? You should make a thread on it.

Edit

NO!!!!

Is this a joke?

Around the Network

No way lol

Anybody saying no clearly never saw what Pokemon did for the Gameboy.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Wii 102m
ps3 85m
xbox 85m

Only if they discontinue Wii support as soon as the Wii U comes out. Which they probably won't. Especially since it utilizes Wii controllers.

nope, never. but at least its market share will go down to probably the high 30s percentage. making all those who predicted that the wii will take 50% of the market look stupid and foolish...i wonder where those fools are right now.