By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - How much is a human worth?

Tagged games:

Are humans invaluable?

Yes 35 47.95%

No 21 28.77%

For the moment, yes 4 5.48%

See results 13 17.81%

Total:73

snakenobi said:

define smartness?

for exmaple google,it knows alot of information

but only we can tell whether information is right of wrong.this ability is called free will and is applied by critical thinking.

whatever technology there may be,we the humans or other natural species will put it into action.Computer won't operate on its own.

and i didn't really start this discussion the OP did as he didn't understand how computers worked.

about growing an imagination,well this isn't a fantasy thread so i can't really go off-topic.Tell the moderators to loosen up on rules and i am ready to go into deep imaginations.

Dude I'm getting really frustrated by your ignorance now. Of course I know how computers work, but you're still talking about present computers. How the fuck do you know that computers, in the future, will work the exact same way, with no alteration or whatsoever, as they do today?

Around the Network

In a world where we live on human based morals and human based laws, we automatically put ourselves as the most valuable and important. Now, if these robots were able to overtake humans and create their own laws and beliefs, then those robots would likely be more valuable.

Ideally, all life should be considered equal. But that's not possible when one species dominates over the rest. In a human based world humans are considered invaluable, but if we were not in a human dominated planet then whichever life-form dominates would be considered the most valuable.

Cirio said:
In a world where we live on human based morals and human based laws, we automatically put ourselves as the most valuable and important. Now, if these robots were able to overtake humans and create their own laws and beliefs, then those robots would likely be more valuable.

Ideally, all life should be considered equal. But that's not possible when one species dominates over the rest. In a human based world humans are considered invaluable, but if we were not in a human dominated planet then whichever life-form dominates would be considered the most valuable.

Exactly! Survival of the fittest; where the fittest determines the values, morals, laws etc.

Like a wise man once said: It is all relative.

San Neill just said if we're gonna survive we.re gonna need to change our self genetically.

CassiePrich

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
snakenobi said:

that wasn't rude but help

intelligent people take it and better themselves

egoistic people think its against them.

you don't have to look what will happen 100,000 years from now.you have to look how the technology is made.

the technology only improves with time like efficiency of car today is more than efficiency of a car 100 years ago.

"probably exist"

show that you are just guessing and have no real understanding of what you are talking about.

Of course none of us really know what we're talking about when it comes to the future; it is all speculative. You dismissing even the possibility of making intelligent computers are the real arrogance here.

Also, technoly don't only improve on efficiency like in that car example of yours, people also invent planes aka: gamechangers.

IF YOU DON'T KNOW what you are talking about then talk for yourself not others

you are so egoistic that you just can't accept you are wrong or don't know what you are talking about.

keep doing this in your life and you will get your place for your ignorance

people invent new things sure but even those things take things from other things already out there to improve on it

you can't create a computer twice.

Around the Network
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

snakenobi said:

define smartness?

for exmaple google,it knows alot of information

but only we can tell whether information is right of wrong.this ability is called free will and is applied by critical thinking.

whatever technology there may be,we the humans or other natural species will put it into action.Computer won't operate on its own.

and i didn't really start this discussion the OP did as he didn't understand how computers worked.

about growing an imagination,well this isn't a fantasy thread so i can't really go off-topic.Tell the moderators to loosen up on rules and i am ready to go into deep imaginations.

Dude I'm getting really frustrated by your ignorance now. Of course I know how computers work, but you're still talking about present computers. How the fuck do you know that computers, in the future, will work the exact same way, with no alteration or whatsoever, as they do today?

cause computer work only in one way

you just don't take shit out of your ass and make it into a computer

Value is dependant upon capabilities of specific specimen.

ps: Harbingersayshello

snakenobi said:

you are so egoistic that you just can't accept you are wrong or don't know what you are talking about.

people invent new things sure but even those things take things from other things already out there to improve on it

I sincerely hope that this link will shut you up for good: http://www.nytimes.com/1997/05/14/opinion/yes-computers-can-think.html?src=pm

That article shows that computers are already able to think, then try to imagine what computers will be able to do 1000 years from now.

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
snakenobi said:

I sincerely hope that this link will shut you up for good: http://www.nytimes.com/1997/05/14/opinion/yes-computers-can-think.html?src=pm

That article shows that computers are already able to think, then try to imagine what computers will be able to do 1000 years from nowt

that link is for people like who don't know much about what they talk about and have no understanding

jumping up and but start jumping when they see a headline or a little article

linking the article shows you don't know much about it,jst believing other on it.if you understood it then you be abvle to explain how your story is true but you can't .

eanyways fuckoff ik don't have more time to waste on to you otherwise i will also become stupid

This post has been moderated ~ Barozi

snakenobi said:

that link is for people like who don't know much about what they talk about and have no understanding

jumping up and but start jumping when they see a headline or a little article

linking the article shows you don't know much about it,jst believing other on it.if you understood it then you be abvle to explain how your story is true but you can't .

eanyways fuckoff ik don't have more time to waste on to you otherwise i will also become stupid

I used that link because you wouldn't believe me, not because of lack of understanding. If even a professor can't convince you then you must be the definition of stubborn itself.