By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - How much is a human worth?

Tagged games:

Are humans invaluable?

Yes 35 47.95%

No 21 28.77%

For the moment, yes 4 5.48%

See results 13 17.81%

Total:73
Baalzamon said:
Roma said:

Intelligence is based on learning, creating and solving. Some animals can learn other can learn and create (paintings if taught) but there is no animal (that I know of) that creates things on their own. Sure they can use tools like a stick or a rock to crack open an egg, dig up worms and that is intelligence.

We humans are more intelligent as we can learn so much or ells we would not be on the internet and writing and whatever.

Everything living has a soul (that’s what makes the body “live”) and for me the bigger the animal is the harder it is for me to kill it. I mean compare a mosquito too a cat for example. Of course I would kill the cat and leave the poor mosquito alone!

As for humans hmm if you would ask me to kill a killer or a normal nice human I would kill the killer as that = less humans dead. But if you’re talking about intelligence then I can’t answer that. I would prefer not too choose who dies unless it’s about a killer…

You clearly don't get what I was saying.  We have defined intelligence as that, yes.  And in that case, according to our own input, yes, we are the most intelligent animals on the planet.  But this so called intelligence you speak of has made humans into the most destructive (and what I often think of as stupid) animals on the whole planet.

Why should "intelligence" alone determine whether we are worth more or less than animals...because I personally feel what our "intelligence" has turned us into has made us worth far less than animals.

I agree just because we are more intelligent does not mean we get to kill other living things as they deserve to live as much as we do.

Except for chickens as they are tasty and so is lamb and fish, drools. I’m kind of hungry now

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network
snakenobi said:

define smartness?

for exmaple google,it knows alot of information

but only we can tell whether information is right of wrong.this ability is called free will and is applied by critical thinking.

whatever technology there may be,we the humans or other natural species will put it into action.Computer won't operate on its own.

and i didn't really start this discussion the OP did as he didn't understand how computers worked.

about growing an imagination,well this isn't a fantasy thread so i can't really go off-topic.Tell the moderators to loosen up on rules and i am ready to go into deep imaginations.

It's not off-topic. This thread was about considering an unlikely premise (computers/lifeform being as smart as humans) to allow for discussion of a greater principle (will humans be less valuable than said computers/lifeforms). It's not about discussing whether or not the premise is possible, it's just considered to be so. That's the purpose of a hypothetical question.

OP probably did start the discussion, I'm not denying that. I'm just saying let's not dismiss the discussion of a superior man-made lifeform just because it's impossible.

Porcupine_I said:
The U.S. Bureau of Chemistry and Soils invested many a hard-earned tax dollar in calculating the chemical and mineral composition of the human body, which breaks down as follows:
65% Oxygen
18% Carbon
10% Hydrogen
3% Nitrogen
1.5% Calcium
1% Phosphorous
0.35% Potassium
0.25% Sulfur
0.15% Sodium
0.15% Chlorine
0.05% Magnesium
0.0004% Iron
0.00004% Iodine

Additionally, it was discovered that our bodies contain trace quantities of fluorine, silicon, manganese, zinc, copper, aluminum, and arsenic. Together, all of the above amounts to less than one dollar!

But you forgot one important ingredient > the Soul its not the body where the value is its in what makes it “live”

The body will turn into dirt once it dies

other than that i like this post

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

It all depends on perspective.

From a human point of view, you think your loved ones are priceless.

If they are strangers in a far off country, you dont care so they are worthless.

From the point of view of the universe, humans are nothing.

From a physics point of view, humans are a combinations of atoms.

etc.

Its not a Yes or No question. Its silly to put it in such terms.

Nothing. Na-Da. Zilch.

Nothing holds intrinsic value, it is all subjective.

Humans aren't equal, either. As value is subjective, and I value my family over yours.

Around the Network
Jay520 said:
snakenobi said:

define smartness?

for exmaple google,it knows alot of information

but only we can tell whether information is right of wrong.this ability is called free will and is applied by critical thinking.

whatever technology there may be,we the humans or other natural species will put it into action.Computer won't operate on its own.

and i didn't really start this discussion the OP did as he didn't understand how computers worked.

about growing an imagination,well this isn't a fantasy thread so i can't really go off-topic.Tell the moderators to loosen up on rules and i am ready to go into deep imaginations.

It's not off-topic. This thread was about considering an unlikely premise (computers/lifeform being as smart as humans) to allow for discussion of a greater principle (will humans be less valuable than said computers/lifeforms). It's not about discussing whether or not the premise is possible, it's just considered to be so. That's the purpose of a hypothetical question.

OP probably did start the discussion, I'm not denying that. I'm just saying let's not dismiss the discussion of a superior man-made lifeform just because it's impossible.

sure lets talk about.

spirtuality vs creativity

A human isn't worth much at all, how ever life is priceless

CassiePrich

life insurance companies may disagree with me.

CassiePrich

snakenobi said:

that wasn't rude but help

intelligent people take it and better themselves

egoistic people think its against them.

you don't have to look what will happen 100,000 years from now.you have to look how the technology is made.

the technology only improves with time like efficiency of car today is more than efficiency of a car 100 years ago.

"probably exist"

show that you are just guessing and have no real understanding of what you are talking about.

Of course none of us really know what we're talking about when it comes to the future; it is all speculative. You dismissing even the possibility of making intelligent computers are the real arrogance here.

Also, technoly don't only improve on efficiency like in that car example of yours, people also invent planes aka: gamechangers.

Nem said:

It all depends on perspective.

From a human point of view, you think your loved ones are priceless.

If they are strangers in a far off country, you dont care so they are worthless.

From the point of view of the universe, humans are nothing.

From a physics point of view, humans are a combinations of atoms.

etc.

Its not a Yes or No question. Its silly to put it in such terms.

What's even more silly would be to question my terms as the question obviously is supposed to be answered from your own point of view. This is all theoretical, after all.