By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Jean Claude Van Dammes Movie round up volume 1. Amp316 says Jean Claude was epic in No Retreat, No Surrender. Full movie inside for you to decide!

Tagged games:

spurgeonryan said:
HesAPooka said:
All this JCVD speak is making me want to watch one of his movies. But which one...... I've never been big on Time Cop. Think I'll watch KickBoxer. Nok... Su.... kao Nok...Su...Kao.. Nok.Su.Kao Nok Su Kao!!!!

I would reccomend Cyborg, Kickboxer, The Quest, Hard Target, Sudden Death, Death Warrant, Lionheart. If you are not looking for a bunch of high kicking then there is always Legionairre, In Hell, or Until Death.

Knock Off or Double Team for some totally mindless fun.

I love Hard Target. When it first came out it was brilliant, but now all i see is John Woo's slow motion everything style when i watch the movie. I have all those movies. Growing up out of all his movies I think I watched Blood sport and Lion Heart the most. Lucky for me my g.f loves JCVD as well so I have someone to enjoy his movies with. We love Kickboxer, the scene where JCVD's brother is reassuring him that he can beat anyone and shows off his quick hand moves is EPIC! 

On a somewhat related note, what do you Think of Scott Adkins? He's a modern day JCVD. Undisputed 2-3 were full of win.

I was walking down along the street and I heard this voice saying, "Good evening, Mr. Dowd." Well, I turned around and here was this big six-foot rabbit leaning up against a lamp-post. Well, I thought nothing of that because when you've lived in a town as long as I've lived in this one, you get used to the fact that everybody knows your name.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
HesAPooka said:
spurgeonryan said:
HesAPooka said:
All this JCVD speak is making me want to watch one of his movies. But which one...... I've never been big on Time Cop. Think I'll watch KickBoxer. Nok... Su.... kao Nok...Su...Kao.. Nok.Su.Kao Nok Su Kao!!!!

I would reccomend Cyborg, Kickboxer, The Quest, Hard Target, Sudden Death, Death Warrant, Lionheart. If you are not looking for a bunch of high kicking then there is always Legionairre, In Hell, or Until Death.

Knock Off or Double Team for some totally mindless fun.

I love Hard Target. When it first came out it was brilliant, but now all i see is John Woo's slow motion everything style when i watch the movie. I have all those movies. Growing up out of all his movies I think I watched Blood sport and Lion Heart the most. Lucky for me my g.f loves JCVD as well so I have someone to enjoy his movies with. We love Kickboxer, the scene where JCVD's brother is reassuring him that he can beat anyone and shows off his quick hand moves is EPIC! 

On a somewhat related note, what do you Think of Scott Adkins? He's a modern day JCVD. Undisputed 2-3 were full of win.

Did I not just see him in Assassination games? He was great in that.I do not think that he will be the next Chuck Norris or nothing like that, but if they give him the right role he could do well. Jackie, Segeal, Van damme, Jet li, Wesley, and the rest are starting to get old so some new blood would be nice. I do not mean action starts in general but actors who actually know how to fight.

And don't anyone get confused over the sucker punch thrown at Van damme by the Hells angels guy. Street fighting is street fighting.

Also Adkinds was in The Shepherd, but he was not too well known for me to care at the time. I would have to watch it again.

JCVD has had him in many of his movies. He was in Assassination games. He also did the fight scenes as deadpool in wolverine. Undisputed 2-3 is a must watch. 

I was walking down along the street and I heard this voice saying, "Good evening, Mr. Dowd." Well, I turned around and here was this big six-foot rabbit leaning up against a lamp-post. Well, I thought nothing of that because when you've lived in a town as long as I've lived in this one, you get used to the fact that everybody knows your name.

You mean the only great character from the new star wars that they happened to kill off? lol

I love all of his movies.
Kickboxer is a piece of my life. An important one.
Thanks for the awesome thread, spurgeonryan.

Awesome! I always loved his movies!

They're cheesy, but in a good way (at least for me).

Need something off Play-Asia? http://www.play-asia.com/

Around the Network

That probably depends on your and my definition of cheesy. ;)

For me it's not necessarily a bad thing. I like cheesy movies. :)

I live JCVD's movies, but I've not seen much of Steven Seagal.

Need something off Play-Asia? http://www.play-asia.com/

good thread. I used 2 be a big JCVD fan,back in the day. bloodsport is one of my favorite movies of all time. My favorite DTV movie of his,is when he played that crooked cop in new orleans,that reedemed himself. I can't remember the name of that movie. I'm also looking forward 2 the expendables 2,despite the pg-13 rating. anyways,great thread.

I've been a big Van Damme movies fan all my life.

My favorite movies of his are:
Lionheart
Blood Sport
Hard Target
Universal Soldier
Maximum Risk
Timecop

Any time any of these are on TV, I tend to drop what I'm doing and watch them.

Also now that a couple of decades have passed and things are put in to perspective, I can safely say that Van Dammes acting really isn't as bad as everyone kept saying back in the day. I mean he is a lot more charismatic and convincing in delivering ass kicking lines than most actors doing action movies these days.

While its a shame that he never recovered in Holywood since late 90s, he did have some very good straight to DVD movies.

JCVD, In Hell, Until Death, Wake of Death and even Universal Soldier Regeneration were quite good for straight to DVD.