By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - So where the hell is Gran Turismo and Forza sales for Japan?

dont these games do well in japan, yet there is no comparison feature, I wanna see if Forza 2 has a chance at stiring things up there..

Around the Network

it looks like forza was never released in Japan, and Gran Turismo 4 sold 1.09 million.  The older Gran Turismo sold more.  GT3 and 2 = 1.8 million, GT1 = 2.55 million.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/driving/forzamotorsport/similar.html?mode=versions&om_act=convert&om_clk=gssummary&tag=summary;versions

look there, there is a Japanese release date right there... I am sure with the popularity of GT MS woudlnt hold back releasing Forza there.. 

well all i know is VGcharts has the number sold in Japan listed as 0.00 on the world software list.  Anyway, i doubt this game will have an impact on Japan.

if there isnt any bias in japan this game would sell, its much better than GT and GT sells well

Around the Network

it doesn't have to do with a bias.  Sequals sell in Japan.  Established names sell well in Japan.  Good marketing sells well in Japan.  You can't simply release a good game and expect it to sell well in Japan, it has to be backed with appropriate marketing and appeal.  Japan buys games like Ridge Racer and Daytona USA because they trust the names.

PseudoKirby said:
if there isnt any bias in japan this game would sell, its much better than GT and GT sells well

lol good joke.

GT is the biggest racing franchise in gaming.

a pre GT4 demo sold over a million in Japan... thats Forza1 world wide sales.

yea thats why resistance sold more than blue dragon, a western FPS outselling a game by 3 of the most known names in japan, hironoubu, Toriyama, and Uematsu...

becides it doesnt matter if its a new franchise, its a genre the japanese love and its the best franchise for that genre, Forza has proven itself to be better than GT..

how does it not matter if it's a new franchise?  Do you think Joe RPG is gonna outsell Dragon Quest?  I would imagine the only reason Resistance sold is because there was nothing else to buy.  Hell even Gundam (not musou, the other one) sold 130,000, and that is a god awful game. 

You're also comparing a system that has sold .38 million with one that has sold .9 million.  Hell, i would argue that many of those .38 million are not even Japanese.  Also it is highly likely Forza will have no marketing.