By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Wii U Thread!: Pokemon Rubmle U coming to Wii U

Tagged games:

What old franchise should Nintendo revive first on the Wii U?

Star Fox 220 47.31%

F-Zero 110 23.66%

Wave Race 29 6.24%

Top-Down Zelda 55 11.83%

Show me the results. 28 6.02%

Total:442

Agreed. Nintendo needs to go online in a major way, without cutting out local multi player.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
sperrico87 said:

If Nintendo is serious about getting hardcore gamers to buy their new system and use it continuously for the next five years, then friend codes need to be gone.  I assume Iwata is smart enough to realize this, otherwise all hope is lost.

We thought so after the DS as well, but then they brought it back in some form with the 3DS. A total pain! I know that they like to do things their way, but it has become rediculous! I do not even bother with it other than the few that Idid when I was bored.

Yea,why do they feel the need to be different.There's nothing wrong with profiles..Dont change soemthing that aint broken

Another Aliens: Colonial Marines interview. And yes another very high Wii U praise. He pretty much said it that the Wii U was more powerful than the PS3 and 360. Flat out. Skip to 7:20 for the Wii U comments.
http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=177531

Read my original story on Fictionpress (Shinigami Twin): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2996503/1/Shinigami-Twin 

As well as my other one (Hell's Punishment): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3085054/1/Hell-s-Punishment

Nintendo Network ID: kingofe3

Nice to hear!!

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Pokemonbrawlvg said:
Another Aliens: Colonial Marines interview. And yes another very high Wii U praise. He pretty much said it that the Wii U was more powerful than the PS3 and 360. Flat out. Skip to 7:20 for the Wii U comments.
http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=177531

I have to admid it, Randy Pitchford really loves his job.

I'm very interested in Aliens CM and even though I'm one of those that think that FPS games are better with mouse+keyboard, it's the WiiU version that interests me. Add to that what he has said in that video about the controller being the motion tracker and how it makes sounds, and...

For God's sake, launch it now!!!

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

Mega Rumor! Retro might be working on a Star Fox and Metroid collaboration! Take this with a major grain of salt!

"Star Fox & Metroid: Fusion Saga"

■Some folk at Retro Studios wanted to develop a new ip that involved 3rd person sci-fi action with intense aerial combat.
■Others apparently were leaning towards taking the Star Fox helm.
■Nintendo sees Retro Studios as a very competent developer and worked with them in creating the hybrid title of Star Fox – Metroid: Fusion Saga.
■The title has multiple gameplay mechanics and needed a wide staff of talent to incorporate the many ideas.
■The story begins as you control Fox McCloud and the Star Fox team on deep space mission in your Arwing, flying through a Meteos-like stage. As you enter a light speed warp, there’s a collision with an orange ship (Samus’) and the game continues with you now plummeting to a planet as Samus in her craft. You’re in mild control of her ship, using the Wii U controller to look around and touch screen press the lit up buttons to prepare for impact (while the TV stays locked on what you see out of the cockpit). You’re now on land, as a “yet again” stripped down Samus Aran with the most basic of weapon abilities, in first person perspective, traversing through this unknown planet.
■The game switches off between intense Arwing space and planetary battles as Fox makes his way to the planet that Samus crashed on and a Metroid Prime-like experience of gameplay as Samus on this planet, gradually uncovering its mysteries, leveling up, etc.
■The Star Fox stages represent what the series is best known for, including the chatter and coming to the aid of the rest of your team, all range mode battles, and on rails stages.
■The Metroid part of the game puts you alone, void of human or any talking character contact, and like the Prime series, sees you gaining upgrades, battling bosses, and in this case, repairing your ship.
■The game is said to be epic in size, scope, ambition.
■The pacing has been perfected to not interrupt what the feeling is behind either franchise, since Star Fox is more often known for being acceptable to have short sessions with and Metroid rather the opposite. You can opt to continue playing either just Samus’ part or Fox’s part without crossing over for much of the main game (or play it as it’s scripted back and forth), but will eventually have to complete both, as the characters will ultimately meet up.
■There will be later parts in the game where you do get to control Samus’ ship and fly it Star Fox style.
■Likewise, Fox McCloud will be controllable by foot (both the above and this bullet point represent a period in the game after the two sides meet up) and be played via 3rd person perspective. Think of Jet Force Gemini with Fox’s known agility as he’s portrayed to having in the Smash Bros. series. (Fox will move more like Ryu Hayabusa from Ninja Gaiden and less like he did in Star Fox Adventures).
■Though a tentative title, the idea behind the story of “Fusion Saga” is both a play on the fact that the two series are fusing together into one game and of course, a storyline behind Andross using Metroids to enhance himself, his army, etc.
■Star Fox – Metroid: Fusion Saga is wholly a satisfying adventure game as Samus, an equally electrifying aerial combat game as Fox, and something that delivers an exciting, special change that fans will love.
■In consideration was the Star Fox portion having 4 player co-op online, but instead the game will have leaderboards for time and percent complete for all parts of the game and multiplayer will be simply versus mode based.

http://mynintendonews.com/2012/05/19/retros-new-game-to-be-star-fox-metroid-fusion-saga/

To be truthful, I don't believe this one bit, but the site is the same one who leaked Donkey Kong Country Returns and Playstation All-Stars: Battle Royale. Thoughts?

Read my original story on Fictionpress (Shinigami Twin): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2996503/1/Shinigami-Twin 

As well as my other one (Hell's Punishment): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3085054/1/Hell-s-Punishment

Pokemonbrawlvg said:
Mega Rumor! Retro might be working on a Star Fox and Metroid collaboration! Take this with a major grain of salt!

"Star Fox & Metroid: Fusion Saga"

■Some folk at Retro Studios wanted to develop a new ip that involved 3rd person sci-fi action with intense aerial combat.
■Others apparently were leaning towards taking the Star Fox helm.
■Nintendo sees Retro Studios as a very competent developer and worked with them in creating the hybrid title of Star Fox – Metroid: Fusion Saga.
■The title has multiple gameplay mechanics and needed a wide staff of talent to incorporate the many ideas.
■The story begins as you control Fox McCloud and the Star Fox team on deep space mission in your Arwing, flying through a Meteos-like stage. As you enter a light speed warp, there’s a collision with an orange ship (Samus’) and the game continues with you now plummeting to a planet as Samus in her craft. You’re in mild control of her ship, using the Wii U controller to look around and touch screen press the lit up buttons to prepare for impact (while the TV stays locked on what you see out of the cockpit). You’re now on land, as a “yet again” stripped down Samus Aran with the most basic of weapon abilities, in first person perspective, traversing through this unknown planet.
■The game switches off between intense Arwing space and planetary battles as Fox makes his way to the planet that Samus crashed on and a Metroid Prime-like experience of gameplay as Samus on this planet, gradually uncovering its mysteries, leveling up, etc.
■The Star Fox stages represent what the series is best known for, including the chatter and coming to the aid of the rest of your team, all range mode battles, and on rails stages.
■The Metroid part of the game puts you alone, void of human or any talking character contact, and like the Prime series, sees you gaining upgrades, battling bosses, and in this case, repairing your ship.
■The game is said to be epic in size, scope, ambition.
■The pacing has been perfected to not interrupt what the feeling is behind either franchise, since Star Fox is more often known for being acceptable to have short sessions with and Metroid rather the opposite. You can opt to continue playing either just Samus’ part or Fox’s part without crossing over for much of the main game (or play it as it’s scripted back and forth), but will eventually have to complete both, as the characters will ultimately meet up.
■There will be later parts in the game where you do get to control Samus’ ship and fly it Star Fox style.
■Likewise, Fox McCloud will be controllable by foot (both the above and this bullet point represent a period in the game after the two sides meet up) and be played via 3rd person perspective. Think of Jet Force Gemini with Fox’s known agility as he’s portrayed to having in the Smash Bros. series. (Fox will move more like Ryu Hayabusa from Ninja Gaiden and less like he did in Star Fox Adventures).
■Though a tentative title, the idea behind the story of “Fusion Saga” is both a play on the fact that the two series are fusing together into one game and of course, a storyline behind Andross using Metroids to enhance himself, his army, etc.
■Star Fox – Metroid: Fusion Saga is wholly a satisfying adventure game as Samus, an equally electrifying aerial combat game as Fox, and something that delivers an exciting, special change that fans will love.
■In consideration was the Star Fox portion having 4 player co-op online, but instead the game will have leaderboards for time and percent complete for all parts of the game and multiplayer will be simply versus mode based.

http://mynintendonews.com/2012/05/19/retros-new-game-to-be-star-fox-metroid-fusion-saga/

To be truthful, I don't believe this one bit, but the site is the same one who leaked Donkey Kong Country Returns and Playstation All-Stars: Battle Royale. Thoughts?

I would doubt it. Nintendo seems to consider Metroid their "serious" franchise, whereas crossovers only tend to work for more lighthearted games (think PlayStation Move Heroes. No Kratos in there...)

Although from looking at the canon of StarFox, Metroid, and F-Zero (i know F-Zero's not in this rumor, bear with me) they all take place in some space ruled by "The Galactic Federation" and StarFox and F-Zero have made nods to one another in the past. It's entirely possible that they all (including Metroid) take place in the same galaxy, just very different parts of the galaxy

The other issue here is: why do the crossover in the first place? It sounds like they have a perfectly good Metroid (prime-style) and perfectly good StarFox in there, why not split it up and effectively make double the revenue?

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

I got a confirmation from a different source that the ones i'm usually referring to since the start, that the data revealed 2 months and half ago (with other following messages, please search in speculation thread 2, 3 & 4) about the "OS" is rightRight on the "surprising" comment, right on the at the time expected amount. It's huge, surely never seen before on a normal home system.

Nota Bene: 

- It's still on a v4 dev kit context, so relevant a few months from now, a big semester before the system launch, so it's likely to change.

- Cross-read/understood/analyzed with the info in regard to third-parties left in a roughly vague knowledge of the Wii U OS/Background status until recently (they don't know the "real" dashboard for example, etc.), it could hint toward:

---> Nintendo reserved a certain amount of memory (at least 512MB to be clear) without knowing the exact space that the Wii U OS will take once completed, they made a prevision of that with a noticeable additional room, in case it will occupy more place. In the end, it will be more reasonable size-wise than this locked space. Considering the OS size of the other systems, it's pretty sure that it will remain the biggest software layer seen on this kind of platform. This anticipated trimming could free up some memory for games. As projects are being developed with a limited amount of memory from the total pool (the rest is for the OS/background/system features), we could expect a 3DS situation where developers, once the OS is optimized and slimmed down, will be able to use more memory.

---> Or the software layer will indeed match the amount reserved for it in the dev kits. Then, we can really expect huge features, multi-tasking, etc, on the Wii U.

- More to come about that (especially on the OS "storage") soon.

Edit: more precision here http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...ostcount=14967
To be perfectly clear, and i think i was in this message, i'm not saying that the operating system, the "Windows" of the Wii U, take 512MB of space AND in its storage location (flash memory), AND once loaded in the RAM Memory. When i say "OS", i put question marks on it and always add after "software layer", basically i'm talking of the operating system AND all the background applications, the system features, the functions, like multi-tasking, the possibility to store your in-game progression to do other things then return to your game, etc, all these have a huge amount (at least 512MB) of space reserved for it. And it was relevant in a certain context (third-parties knowledge, v4 dev kits, a few months ago), so the situation is likely to change. Read the link for further infos.

What?! Multitasking?! Are you serious? That would be... the best thing ever...

lol Metroid + starfox would be the crappiest thing to ever happen! i wouldn't play that if it was given too me for free!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(