By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Wii U Thread!: Pokemon Rubmle U coming to Wii U

Tagged games:

What old franchise should Nintendo revive first on the Wii U?

Star Fox 220 47.31%

F-Zero 110 23.66%

Wave Race 29 6.24%

Top-Down Zelda 55 11.83%

Show me the results. 28 6.02%

Total:442

@Viper_ He said similar things about the Wii... and we know how it ended.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network
JEMC said:

True but look what was required to put a multiplatform title on Wii compared to what it will take to do the same on Wii U.

With Wii, you had to practically rebuild the game.  Game assets have to be redrawn, code rewritten, graphics went from universla shaders to a TEV, game engines had to be customized, etc....    They won't have those expensive and time consuming factors with Wii U.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Viper1 said:
JEMC said:

True but look what was required to put a multiplatform title on Wii compared to what it will take to do the same on Wii U.

With Wii, you had to practically rebuild the game.  Game assets have to be redrawn, code rewritten, graphics went from universla shaders to a TEV, game engines had to be customized, etc....    They won't have those expensive and time consuming factors with Wii U.

Indeed.

But until they (and by they I mean Kojima and the 3rd parties in general) reveal something real for WiiU, we can judge them by what they did/said in the past.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:

Indeed.

But until they (and by they I mean Kojima and the 3rd parties in general) reveal something real for WiiU, we can judge them by what they did/said in the past.

By that logic, FFVII should have been on the N64.

Not saying we should ignore the past but we must look at it with context.

We're already seeing far more 3rd party support (especially M rated titles...they account for 11 of the known 23 games in development) prior to launch than the Wii saw and E3 has yet to take place.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Viper1 said:
JEMC said:

Indeed.

We're already seeing far more 3rd party support (especially M rated titles...they account for 11 of the known 23 games in development) prior to launch than the Wii saw and E3 has yet to take place.

Concerning someone's earlier post about 3rd party games likely not coming to WiiU, wasn't Rockstar one of the main 3rd party developers that Nintendo consulted on what devs wanted to see in a next-gen machine/programming environment?  If so, that, plus the fact that Reggie has been vocal in the past about wanting to aquire GTA for a Nintendo system makes the WiiU GTA5 prospect very hopeful, IMO.

On RE6, as you said before, Viper, Capcom and Nintendo have always had a good relationship, and RE specifically has found great success on GC/Wii.

Regarding a COD WiiU game, well, there were COD games on the Wii, so I wouldn't be too worried about that.

And I say a prayer every night that Bioshock Infinite will find its way to the WiiU sooner than later.  I just hope Ken Levine is so smitten with the console that it becomes a surprise launch/launch window announcement at E3.

Around the Network
Viper1 said:
JEMC said:

Indeed.

To be fair on what you are saying, Wii U is getting better multiplatform support than Wii. We shall wait to E3 to see the exclusive ones, and we know for now the Ubisoft games.

Also, while I'm not expecting a RE6 and GTAV Wii U versions, to me FFXIIIVersus and FFXIV ports seems very very possible. (and something related to Angry Birds)

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

"Exclusive unannounced 3rd party titles" ---> I am betting we are going to get some surprises...

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

menx64 said:
"Exclusive unannounced 3rd party titles" ---> I am betting we are going to get some surprises...

That's what I voted for, simply because the Nintendo IP reboot wouldn't be that big of a surprise, and the "$250 price" isn't likely.  Same with the "launching that same day" choice, though that was something I was kind of holding on to a while back (not same day, but within a couple of weeks was my dream).  Truthfully though, I'd love to see them all happen.

spurgeonryan said:
archbrix said:
menx64 said:

That's what I voted for, simply because the Nintendo IP reboot wouldn't be that big of a surprise, and the "$250 price" isn't likely.  Same with the "launching that same day" choice, though that was something I was kind of holding on to a while back (not same day, but within a couple of weeks was my dream).  Truthfully though, I'd love to see them all happen.

I would have to say that I do not want it to launch that day or for it to be 249. I want them to get it right and take their time, and I want them to not lose too much money. I am fine with 300 dollars.

I agree... at least my realist/logical/sensible side does.  Then there's my "I want my damn WiiU NOW"/"I paid full price for my 3DS and deserve a break" side, but we'll just disregard that part.  :D

Nintendo direct tomorrow

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n10/nintendo_direct/index.html