By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Wii U Thread!: Pokemon Rubmle U coming to Wii U

Tagged games:

What old franchise should Nintendo revive first on the Wii U?

Star Fox 220 47.31%

F-Zero 110 23.66%

Wave Race 29 6.24%

Top-Down Zelda 55 11.83%

Show me the results. 28 6.02%

Total:442
drkohler said:

Every compnent in a WiiU is more expensive than the XBox360/PS3 counterpart so an initial price below $300 is wishful thinking. Since Nintendo is alone this fall in the "next NextGen" console race, I wouldn't be surprised to see an initial price of $450 (if only to recoup development costs while there is no competition around).

No way is it going to be that expensive...

You have to remember that just because WiiU will be the only next-gen console on the market this year, it's still competing with the PS360 for consumer's money.  Add the fact that, while WiiU will certainly feature some nice tech, it's still not as expensive for 2012 as Xbox360/PS3 tech was for 2005/2006, respectively.  And Nintendo cannot squander their lead with an overly expensive console, nor will they undergo another 3DS price debacle (hopefully).

In any case, you can pretty much bank on a $299 to $349 price range, with a less than 5% chance of a $399 price.  And there is absolutely zero chance of any higher than that.  

Around the Network
IamAwsome said:
NintendoPie said:
Is this actual Wii U footage? Or just PS3 footage?

I'm pretty sure it's PS3/360 footage. Other than tech demos Nintendo hasn't shown anything running on the Wii U.

Ohhh Nintendo. -.-

drkohler said:
Joelcool7 said:
Not to mention if WiiU is capable of 5x the power of 360 as some have suggested then a 6x the power system is not going to have the edge over Nintendo.

My bet was Nextbox launching late 2012 at 399$-450$ at 6x the power and Kinect 2.0 plus the tablet controller. Microsoft would be selling the hardware at up to a 100$ loss.

The WiiU isn't going to be 5x the power of anXBox360/PS3, not even close. A reasonable estimate is an AMD5570 variant GPU (roughly twice as fast as the XBox GPU) and a quad core CPU (roughly 50% more efficient than the XBox CPU). Then again, the WiiU has to do more than the XBox360 (driving more and possibly bigger screens) so I figure the WiiU will turn out to have roughly 30%-40% more computing power than an XBox360/PS3. These rough estimates may be against people's wishes but price/size of a console dictate performance and the WiiU box seems to be smaller than an XBox360/PS3...

Every compnent in a WiiU is more expensive than the XBox360/PS3 counterpart so an initial price below $300 is wishful thinking. Since Nintendo is alone this fall in the "next NextGen" console race, I wouldn't be surprised to see an initial price of $450 (if only to recoup development costs while there is no competition around).

GPU and CPU that are much more powerful than those used in PS3 and Xbox360 don't cost much more than those. And there are other tech-specs just as important (like RAM-Size, eDRAM-Size, BUS-Speed and so on). The Wii U could be easily 5x power of the Xbox360 without a high price.

There was this article from ign about the power of the Xbox3 about 6 x Xbox360 and WiiU 5 x Xbox360. And they said this information rely on "insiders". And this was before the reported performance boost for the WIi U-Dev Kits in January.

z101 said:

GPU and CPU that are much more powerful than those used in PS3 and Xbox360 don't cost much more than those. And there are other tech-specs just as important (like RAM-Size, eDRAM-Size, BUS-Speed and so on). The Wii U could be easily 5x power of the Xbox360 without a high price.

There was this article from ign about the power of the Xbox3 about 6 x Xbox360 and WiiU 5 x Xbox360. And they said this information rely on "insiders". And this was before the reported performance boost for the WIi U-Dev Kits in January.

Lol.. I'm not going to discuss all these X is n-times more than Y "insider" rumours and why they are wrong. Let's just wait until fall and I am quite sure I'm in the right ball-park.

drkohler said:
z101 said:

Lol.. I'm not going to discuss all these X is n-times more than Y "insider" rumours and why they are wrong. Let's just wait until fall and I am quite sure I'm in the right ball-park.

Your logic didn't make any sense, so how aboutno.

Around the Network
drkohler said:
Joelcool7 said:
Not to mention if WiiU is capable of 5x the power of 360 as some have suggested then a 6x the power system is not going to have the edge over Nintendo.

My bet was Nextbox launching late 2012 at 399$-450$ at 6x the power and Kinect 2.0 plus the tablet controller. Microsoft would be selling the hardware at up to a 100$ loss.

The WiiU isn't going to be 5x the power of anXBox360/PS3, not even close. A reasonable estimate is an AMD5570 variant GPU (roughly twice as fast as the XBox GPU) and a quad core CPU (roughly 50% more efficient than the XBox CPU). Then again, the WiiU has to do more than the XBox360 (driving more and possibly bigger screens) so I figure the WiiU will turn out to have roughly 30%-40% more computing power than an XBox360/PS3. These rough estimates may be against people's wishes but price/size of a console dictate performance and the WiiU box seems to be smaller than an XBox360/PS3...

Yeah I also think we can at least say  WiiU is 2x the power of the 360. 5x is a bit to much and everyone saying its only 50% more powerful is dreaming IMHO.  I mean PS3 and 360 are constantly running at crappy 1024x576 and stuff like that and WiiU is supposed to run at real 1080p. Plus it has newer tech with newer effects etc which is also saving some power to get similar results.

About your CPU thing are you sure about that? I know PC technology is not exactly like console tech  and of cource Intel is not IBM but my 2008 2x3.16 GHZ Intel C2D E8500  is exactly as fast as my 2011 lower clocked 2x2,66  Intel core i3 390m Laptop CPU and thats 3 years difference and not to forget DESKTOP vs MOBILE CPU. Don't you think you are underestimating the CPU a bit? 

BTW Do you know what it costs to make a 360 or any other console etc? Is there a site listing stuff like that including comparisons between what does it cost to make XY in 2009 vs 2010 vs 2011 etc?

I know that in Germany (I am German.) Shops sell 360's between USD130/EUR99 and USD195/EUR149 I know it because i have 4 of them LOL two of them being a Slim all bought for exactly 99 euros) so I guess the tech isn't too expensive.

z101 said:

I think the differences between the next box and the Wii U will be bigger, the Wii U kit is the latest one, the next xbox is one of the first and it will grow with the time just like the Wii U did. But the 5x Xbox360 seems nice and realistic possibility for the console, just to run stuff at 1080p it will have to be at least 2x better than the 360, add to that the needs to process the content of the control and you can reach 3x very fast.

Pokemonbrawlvg said:
Latest Wii U Rumor!

- 720p seems to be the sweet spot for definition
- Wii U controller handles 480p
- Wii U controller allows for viewing of on-TV action from another angle in some games
- Seems that there are some third party ports using this idea for gameplay
- V5 dev kit is a little more powerful than V4, but doesn't make for 1080p in these situations
- games can benefit from a slight visual boost over 360/PS3 and may run at a higher resolution
- more simple titles may be able to run 1080p in conjunction with the controller

http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=173907

Nintendo better step it up a notch... That doesn't semm too impressive, but then again, I know squat about these things.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

These new rumors are inconstant with the other rumors.

Lesson of the day? Rumors are inconsistent.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Ok, I'm not even sure I should post this, because the contents within this is so unbelieveable. But, here it goes...
Rumor: Major Wii U eShop Games Leak Includes World of Warcraft, CounterStrike & more

A source close to Dual Pixels that has insider knowledge of Nintendo has revealed to us a major Wii U eShop leak featuring titles scheduled for launch and some that are in production for the platform. Wii U, launching this Fall is Nintendo's most technologically advanced console to date with horsepower that rivals PS3 and Xbox 360 allowing our current HD experiences to be recreated on the upcoming console. According to our source, developers are taking note of the opportunities Nintendo presents with Wii U, given the superior processing power that was unavailable on the original Wii. The Wii U eShop leak below contains titles from a suite of publishers including Nintendo themselves, EA, Capcom, Square Enix, Activision, Valve, and more.

Nintendo Wii U eShop Titles In Development

Level 5

* Professor Layton Chronicles (Level 5)

Activision

* Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD-Complete (Activision) (Launch)
* Goldeneye 007: Reloaded (Acitivsion) (Launch)
* World of Warcraft (Activsion) (Launch)

Capcom

* Resident Evil: The Mercenaries Bio Ops (Capcom)
* Okamiden HD (Capcom) (Launch)

Electronic Arts (EA)

* Boom Blox Wii U (EA)
* NFL Blitz Touchdown (EA)
* Burnout: Rush Hour (EA) (Launch)
* Shank 2 (EA) (Launch)
* Crysis (EA) (Launch)

Gaijan Games

* Bit Trip Runner 2 (Gaijan Games) (Launch)

Namco Bandai

* Tank! Tank! Tank! (Namco Bandai)
* Meteos (Namco Bandai)
* Pac-Man Battle Royal (Namco Bandai) (Launch)

Nexon

* Dragon Nest (Nexon)

Nintendo

* Big Brain University (Nintendo) (Launch)
* Super Mario Strikers Unlimited (Nintendo) (Launch)
* Fluidity: Toxic (Nintendo) (Launch)

Sabarasa

* Protocol (Sabarasa) (Launch)

SEGA

* Rodea the Sky Soldier (SEGA)
* Renegade Ops 2 (SEGA)
* Phantasy Star Online 2 (SEGA) (Launch)
* Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 (SEGA) (Launch)

Spicy Horse

* Big Head Bash (Spicy Horse) (Launch)

Square Enix

* Demon's Score (Square Enix/Epic)
* Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles Wii U (Square Enix)

Telltale Games

* The Walking Dead (Telltale Games) (Launch)

Ubisoft

* UbiArt Presents: Sketchtarium
* Red Steel 2: Locked a Reloaded (Ubisoft)
* I Am Alive (Ubisoft) (Launch)

Valve

* Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (Valve) (Launch)
* DotA 2 (Valve)

Now you can tell this is from NeoGaf.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=467081
http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=173965

Read my original story on Fictionpress (Shinigami Twin): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2996503/1/Shinigami-Twin 

As well as my other one (Hell's Punishment): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3085054/1/Hell-s-Punishment

Nintendo Network ID: kingofe3