By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Wii U Thread!: Pokemon Rubmle U coming to Wii U

Tagged games:

What old franchise should Nintendo revive first on the Wii U?

Star Fox 220 47.31%

F-Zero 110 23.66%

Wave Race 29 6.24%

Top-Down Zelda 55 11.83%

Show me the results. 28 6.02%

Total:442
DanneSandin said:

Retro picks up Vigil, Junction Point, BioWare employees

Retro is certainly working on one large-scale project. We've reported on new hires in the past, but now we have information that points to new employees from Vigil, Junction Point and Bioware Austin joining the team. Will we finally get to see what Retro is working on come E3?

http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=195054

Wow, this is really exciting. Didn't Retro pick up some Naughty Dog former staff earlier this month too? Maybe we'll see more than two Retro games on Wii U this generation.

Around the Network
DanneSandin said:

Retro is certainly working on one large-scale project. We've reported on new hires in the past, but now we have information that points to new employees from Vigil, Junction Point and Bioware Austin joining the team. Will we finally get to see what Retro is working on come E3?

That certainly is better than just buying the studios.

Veknoid_Outcast said:
DanneSandin said:

Wow, this is really exciting. Didn't Retro pick up some Naughty Dog former staff earlier this month too? Maybe we'll see more than two Retro games on Wii U this generation.

They've been picking up people from around the industry to the left and right!! Very exciting indeed!

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Galaki said:
DanneSandin said:

That certainly is better than just buying the studios.

Much cheaper, and you get to cherry pick the good ones ^^

Retro picks up some Vigil employees? That's some good news

Around the Network

cool! Retros game should show up at E3 and probably release this year

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Roma said:

I'm not too sure... I think we'll see either Monoliths or Retros game this year, but not both...

DanneSandin said:
Roma said:

I'm not too sure... I think we'll see either Monoliths or Retros game this year, but not both...

I'm betting on the Retro game. They've had several years to develop something new -- I can't imagine Mario Kart 7 derailed them much -- and Nintendo wants that high-profile game for 2013. Maybe "X" will launch in the first half of 2014 along with Smash Bros.

Veknoid_Outcast said:
DanneSandin said:
Roma said:

I'm betting on the Retro game. They've had several years to develop something new -- I can't imagine Mario Kart 7 derailed them much -- and Nintendo wants that high-profile game for 2013. Maybe "X" will launch in the first half of 2014 along with Smash Bros.

Could very well be... They haven't released a game since 2010's DKCR, right? But neither have Monolith - and that game we've actually seen footage of now. No way BOTH games are releasing this year! My thinking goes like this:

Fall/Holiday 2013: 3D Mario/Mario Kart and Yoshi's Yarn and Zelda WW HD

Spring/Summer 2014: Monoliths/Retros game and 3D Mario/Mario Kart (which ever didn't get released the year before)

Fall/Holiday 2014: Monoliths/Retros game and SSB4

2015: Zelda and a new Donkey Kong??

DanneSandin said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:
DanneSandin said:
Roma said:

Could very well be... They haven't released a game since 2010's DKCR, right? But neither have Monolith - and that game we've actually seen footage of now. No way BOTH games are releasing this year! My thinking goes like this:

Fall/Holiday 2013: 3D Mario/Mario Kart and Yoshi's Yarn and Zelda WW HD

Spring/Summer 2014: Monoliths/Retros game and 3D Mario/Mario Kart (which ever didn't get released the year before)

Fall/Holiday 2014: Monoliths/Retros game and SSB4

2015: Zelda and a new Donkey Kong??

That's a good guess. I'd be shocked if Nintendo didn't give us a sequel to DKCR. It was a huge critical and financial success. I'm hoping for a Zelda in 2014 so we might get two total, but I think the money is on 2015.