By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Wii U Thread!: Pokemon Rubmle U coming to Wii U

Tagged games:

What old franchise should Nintendo revive first on the Wii U?

Star Fox 220 47.31%

F-Zero 110 23.66%

Wave Race 29 6.24%

Top-Down Zelda 55 11.83%

Show me the results. 28 6.02%

Total:442

So I'm buying the system in the morning, and this is honestly complete coincidence, but I'm having a birthday party tomorrow and exactly four of my friends accepted the invitations. Precisely enough for Wii U epicness XD

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network

Sadly, I won't be able to buy a Wii U until Christmas, as a gift of course.

Read my original story on Fictionpress (Shinigami Twin): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2996503/1/Shinigami-Twin 

As well as my other one (Hell's Punishment): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3085054/1/Hell-s-Punishment

Nintendo Network ID: kingofe3

Wii U launched! :D

Well Im at Walmart right now. Even though its not a big gaming area there is already more people here than when they hold their tournaments. And it seems almost all preordered it.

So... when are we going to see the official specs??!

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:

I want numbers!

Wii U Launch Games Already Discounted

David Lynch

Wii U launch games are already discounted, but what does this mean for Nintendo's next gen console?

Published on Nov 20, 2012

Nintendo’s Wii U is off to an interesting start. It’s been on sale a few days now in the US (with the European and Japanese launches happening in the next few weeks), but some US retailers are already selling the Wii U’s launch games at a discounted price.

Talking to GamesIndustry.biz, Scott Steinberg of Techsavvy Global explained that the appearance of discounted games might have more to do with the competitive retail market than of the actual quality and desirability of Nintendo’s new machine.

“If they get you in the door to buy Wii U software at a discount, chances are you're going to do all your Wii U shopping at that specific retailer… given the increasing Black-Friday driven shopping culture, this is a tactic designed to ensure that the store in question is the primary shopping source for the Wii U.”

Some shops are selling Wii U games at 40% off when bought with another game and the console or deals of a similar nature.

But that’s not to say the appearance of discounted games at a launch of new hardware is usual, in fact, this is the first time it has ever happened and it gives the impression that the Wii U’s games a just worth less than those around it.

The Wii U has managed to sell out across America though with some units appearing on eBay. But the heady days of Wiis selling for $1,000 are far behind us and picking up a Wii U on the auction site will only set you back about $400 to $500.

With all the other problems facing the Wii U right now, it’s not the best start for Nintendo’s new console. Will things pick up over the next few months though before Microsoft and Sony reveal their next gen machines?

Bought a Wii U? Let us know what you think below.

What a bizzarre article ...

Retailers believe that using the Wii U and Wii U games (potentially) as a loss-leader will drive so many people to their store that they will make up any lost revenues/profits in sales of other goods and this is a sign that the Wii U is unpopular?

The reality is that the economy is in much different shape than it was in 2005 through 2007, retail is seeing fewer people walk through their doors and (on average) these people are willing to spend less money, so retailers are using products that can draw a crowd to drive the sales of products that can't draw a crowd.

DanneSandin said:
So... when are we going to see the official specs??!

Knowing Nintendo, not until somebody cracks a Wii U open and puts the chips under a microscope. 

HappySqurriel said:
spurgeonryan said:

Wii U launch games are already discounted, but what does this mean for Nintendo's next gen console?

**silly article**

Retailers believe that using the Wii U and Wii U games (potentially) as a loss-leader will drive so many people to their store that they will make up any lost revenues/profits in sales of other goods and this is a sign that the Wii U is unpopular?

The reality is that the economy is in much different shape than it was in 2005 through 2007, retail is seeing fewer people walk through their doors and (on average) these people are willing to spend less money, so retailers are using products that can draw a crowd to drive the sales of products that can't draw a crowd.

I completely agree.

I wonder what do this people write when in the UK the competition between stores is so hard that they sell new, very anticipated titles, for half the usual retail price.

For example:

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/gmg-cuts-fifa-13-to-34-99-game-reveals-99p-trade-in-deal/0103423

And nowadays the price war is no where as savage as it was!

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

HappySqurriel said:
spurgeonryan said:

I want numbers!

Wii U Launch Games Already Discounted

David Lynch

Published on Nov 20, 2012

Nintendo’s Wii U is off to an interesting start. It’s been on sale a few days now in the US (with the European and Japanese launches happening in the next few weeks), but some US retailers are already selling the Wii U’s launch games at a discounted price.

Talking to GamesIndustry.biz, Scott Steinberg of Techsavvy Global explained that the appearance of discounted games might have more to do with the competitive retail market than of the actual quality and desirability of Nintendo’s new machine.

“If they get you in the door to buy Wii U software at a discount, chances are you're going to do all your Wii U shopping at that specific retailer… given the increasing Black-Friday driven shopping culture, this is a tactic designed to ensure that the store in question is the primary shopping source for the Wii U.”

Some shops are selling Wii U games at 40% off when bought with another game and the console or deals of a similar nature.

But that’s not to say the appearance of discounted games at a launch of new hardware is usual, in fact, this is the first time it has ever happened and it gives the impression that the Wii U’s games a just worth less than those around it.

The Wii U has managed to sell out across America though with some units appearing on eBay. But the heady days of Wiis selling for $1,000 are far behind us and picking up a Wii U on the auction site will only set you back about $400 to $500.

With all the other problems facing the Wii U right now, it’s not the best start for Nintendo’s new console. Will things pick up over the next few months though before Microsoft and Sony reveal their next gen machines?

Bought a Wii U? Let us know what you think below.

I think you are correct in that, also retailers do not want the business to go to Nintendo's eshop, retailers get no revenue from that.

Too all of you spanish Nintendo fans out there... here: Did you pre-order your Wii U at gameSHOP? If you did you might get lucky.

According to GoNintendo ( http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=191371 ) the store seems to be selling their consoles a week early.
And don`t worry, they got pic to prove it!