By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Wii U Thread!: Pokemon Rubmle U coming to Wii U

Tagged games:

What old franchise should Nintendo revive first on the Wii U?

Star Fox 220 47.31%

F-Zero 110 23.66%

Wave Race 29 6.24%

Top-Down Zelda 55 11.83%

Show me the results. 28 6.02%

Total:442

Guys! We have the first weird game for WiiU: Spin the bottle!

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-11-15-spin-the-bottle-for-wii-u-uses-no-tv-makes-the-players-look-at-each-other

TitleSpin the Bottle for Wii U uses no TV, "makes the players look at each other"

A Wii U game with a name like Spin the Bottle may evoke horrid memories of a certain dreadful adult-themed mini-game collection on Wii, but the Copenhagen-based KnapNok Games in association with Swedish indie studio Redgrim are taking a decidedly different approach with its up to eight-player party game.

Most notably, Spin the Bottle won't use the TV. Instead, players will sit in a circle around the GamePad and spin a virtual bottle to match up two players who will have to embark on motion-controlled challenges. These will require the use of Wii Remotes and "tight coordination, daring trust, body contact or extreme flexibility."

It may sound risque, but KnapNok called it an "innocent game for innocent kids" on its official site.

Furthermore, the developers have experience with this sort of meatspace mayhem with games like B.U.T.T.O.N. (Brutally Unfair Tactics Totally Okay Now) - where players must race to a controller and hold down a button using any means necessary to sabotage their competitors, and Dark Room Sex Game - where players must move Wii remotes in rhythm to one another to simulate an orgasm.

"The fact that Nintendo's Wii U console is the first console which let[s] you play with [a] turned off TV screen makes it an obvious platform for a party game where players look at each other rather than the screen," said KnapNok. And indeed "gameplay that makes the players look at each other," is a selling point along with "über cute graphics."

Spin the Bottle isn't due until next spring, but for now check out a gallery depicting the sort of things one will be doing with Wii remotes upon its release.

Check the trailer, to call it something, here: http://youtu.be/ylz7VoMaEeY

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

Yay!! The revolution won't be televized because it'll be in gaming :p

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Thanks to 2 new Iwata Ask's we have more info about Wii U's chat and New Super Mario Bros. U, with the reveal that this one will have aditional content like NSMB2.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

NPR's Morning edition had a segment on the Wii U and the expected shortage. And the host asked one horrid, cring-worthy question, but normal for mainstream news.
http://www.npr.org/2012/11/16/165255364/nintendo-wii-u-out-this-weekend

Spin the bottle will one the most bizzare games since the outcome of the Wario Ware series!

And proud member of the Mega Mario Movement!
Around the Network

I'm defnly gonna get me some sweet Trine 2! Looks awesome :D

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Depends if I have the money I will get Trine and Mighty Switch force. I'm going to spread out my game buying but I will purchase several of the launch titles. Over the next few months. (Plus a few launch window.)

Netflicks will be available at launch, thou the other video services will not . http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/32506

Reggie is being ready for Jimmy Fallon right now, just standing stiff like a statue before the ads kicked in...

1 hour to go!