By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Wii U Thread!: Pokemon Rubmle U coming to Wii U

Tagged games:

What old franchise should Nintendo revive first on the Wii U?

Star Fox 220 47.31%

F-Zero 110 23.66%

Wave Race 29 6.24%

Top-Down Zelda 55 11.83%

Show me the results. 28 6.02%

Total:442

I preordered my Wii U deluxe edition at EB Games!  The employee told me there were about 20 preorders at this store. (Most of them being deluxe edition).    Who said that GameStop (EB Games) stopped taking preorders?

Around the Network
Gilmour said:

I preordered my Wii U deluxe edition at EB Games!  The employee told me there were about 20 preorders at this store. (Most of them being deluxe edition).    Who said that GameStop (EB Games) stopped taking preorders?

Your local store may have been lucky. Most stores in my area are all out :P.

Nintendo confirms region-lock for Wii U

Nope, Famitsu wasn’t crazy. The Wii U really will be region-locked.

Nintendo UK was able to confirm to Eurogamer that this is in fact the case. So if you have a US Wii U and wish to play a Japanese game, you’ll need a separate Japanese console to play it.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Dragon Quest X Wii U details

During the Tokyo Game Show, Square Enix shared a few details on the Wii U version of Dragon Quest X. It looks like it’ll be essentially the same as the Wii game, but it will have some slight alterations such as additional characters on screen.

Read on below for the full roundup of information.

- Wii/Wii U versions share the same servers
- There are no changes to the system or content
- More characters are shown on Wii U
- Can transfer Wii account to Wii U
- Can play on Wii and Wii U without an additional monthly payment
- Square Enix looking into the possibility of having Wii characters play in the beta test
- If they do, there will probably be restrictions
- New players on Wii U will be given priority instead of existing accounts
- Dev. team has progressed enough to show offline parts on Wii U
- Online section being finished up
- Transfer data from Wii U beta to the full release

I don`t understand why the Wii U version was pushed to next year. Does it really need that much work?

Around the Network

ANd this is... A little less awesome news:

"Amateurish", Say Kotaku

Cheap and nasty?

Hands-on time reveals potential issue

Kotaku's Brian Ashcraft has voiced his opinion on the Wii U Pro Controller, and it's not pretty.

Ashcraft has stated in no uncertain terms that he "hates" the pad, which bares a strong resemblance to the Xbox 360 controller.

He said:

The Wii U Controller...feels, well, cheap. There's a nice gloss coating, but in the hand, it's as though you can snap the Wii U Pro Controller in half. I don't think you can snap it (obviously), but it hardly feels like a Nintendo-made, prime controller for the Wii U. The buttons are not clicky, but mushy, and the whole affair feels, well, uninspired. It's not a premium product. They can call it the pro controller, but it feels amateurish to me.

That's fine and dandy—that is, until you realize games like Bayonetta 2 are Wii U-bound.

Ashcraft has enjoyed extensive hands-on time with the pad at the recent Tokyo Game Show, and as such is perfectly placed to pass judgment on the pad. But do you think he's being a little harsh? Has his opinion dented your faith in the Wii U Pro Controller, or will you be buying one regardless? Let us know in the comments section.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/09/wii_u_pro_controller_feels_amateurish_say_kotaku

DélioPT said:
I don`t understand why the Wii U version was pushed to next year. Does it really need that much work?

Maybe it's because the Dragon Quest dev team hasn't worked with an HD console before and they needed some time to get used to it?

Or maybe they were more worried about the potential bugs of their first MMO and learning how to manage the servers and potential cheaters than the WiiU port version.

Who knows.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:
DélioPT said:

Maybe it's because the Dragon Quest dev team hasn't worked with an HD console before and they needed some time to get used to it?

Or maybe they were more worried about the potential bugs of their first MMO and learning how to manage the servers and potential cheaters than the WiiU port version.

Who knows.

They should have a pretty good idea for most of that from their (Square Enix) from FFXI and FFXVI since manging servers/cheaters would't be in the list of responsiblities for the development team.

JEMC said:
DélioPT said:

Who knows.

Honestly i can`t think of a good reason for such a delay, either.
From what i read the content is the same and visually the game is only slightly enhanced. The servers are also the same, too.

Maybe they started porting the game just recently.

BlkPaladin said:
DanneSandin said:
Thanks for the screens poke! :D awesome job!

That ballon game seems... boring... as does DKCC...

@S.Peelman: well they gotta leave SOME attractions for the sequel ;)

It's basically the NES game Ballon Fight, it was simple but fun and addicting. It was actually the game that sold me on the NES when I first played it.

And I take Balloon Fight as Nintendo takes on Joust actually.  

As far as the graphics go, not sure what else a system would need to be able to have it do what Nintendo tends to want to design.